Family life, Hobbies, Cooking, Interests

Kerbluey

I'd like to have my hair 'put up' somehow. (I've been calling it an up-do, but maybe that's not specific.) If it was long enough a French Twist would be nice, but if she can just pin it up all around with some curly q's around my face that would be great. I went for a trim yesterday and was telling the stylist what I'm planning and she pulled it up and looked at it for a moment and said it will work. It has another 7 weeks to grow anyway!

I love a bargain too! Now if I can just find some shoes that don't cost an arm and a leg I'll really be happy! :thumbsup

I have one word for you—Poshmark! Love it!

Oops, I forgot I had time to edit my previous post.

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Thanks, @Kerbluey for the Poshmark reminder. Our granddaughter mentioned it to me, and I keep forgetting to go there and shop till I drop :lol
PS: Would you please tell us about your new avatar?
There are some incredible deals there; you just have to find them. Using the search really helps. I always offer a lower price and haven’t been turned down yet. :smile

Leigh

I have one word for you—Poshmark! Love it!

Thank you for mentioning Poshmark. I've heard of it but have never checked out the site until last night. They sure have lots of choices!

I spent some time shoe-shopping (in stores) yesterday and didn't find anything. I feel like the type of dressy shoes that I need for the wedding will be something I can never wear again. Another dilemma is this: to wear hose or go bare-legged? I know hose are very much out of style now, but goodness for something formal (actually it's an afternoon wedding so is semi-formal) my legs need the coverage that hose would give them. But that means I'll have to wear a closed-toe shoe instead of strappy sandals.

Suggestions?

How is everyone doing this week?

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Thank you for mentioning Poshmark. I've heard of it but have never checked out the site until last night. They sure have lots of choices!

I spent some time shoe-shopping (in stores) yesterday and didn't find anything. I feel like the type of dressy shoes that I need for the wedding will be something I can never wear again. Another dilemma is this: to wear hose or go bare-legged? I know hose are very much out of style now, but goodness for something formal (actually it's an afternoon wedding so is semi-formal) my legs need the coverage that hose would give them. But that means I'll have to wear a closed-toe shoe instead of strappy sandals.

Suggestions?

How is everyone doing this week?

Honey, if your legs are still good enough to go bare-legged, I'd say do that. In my case, I'd definitely opt for hose, but that would be out of respect for other people. :biggrin
I'd love to see a strappy sandal with that dress. Can you do high heels?

Kerbluey

Leigh, could you get a spray tan on your legs instead of hose?

I’m responding in general here about Poshmark. I too had seen the commercials but never been. What a fun place! They sell everything. My mom got an antique wooden sewing machine cover there, lol. And it’s so customizable. I set it for my size so that’s all I see and always change the drop down menu to show lowest price to highest. I’ve been having a lot of fun window shopping and have bought several pairs of shoes, something I need.

My avatar is a saltwater fish I saw that I thought looked too cute not to use. It’s not been edited. It really looks that derpy.

Leigh

Honey, if your legs are still good enough to go bare-legged, I'd say do that. In my case, I'd definitely opt for hose, but that would be out of respect for other people. :biggrin
I'd love to see a strappy sandal with that dress. Can you do high heels?
Great comment (in red)!! :D I read that at work and it made me laugh! Actually I don't think they are, but feel like a sandal will be the best style for the dress. Need a heel height of 2 to 2-1/2 inches... 3 inches at the most. I stopped wearing higher heels after breaking my foot a few years ago while wearing wedge sandals. I see older ladies walking around on these crazy high heels and think to myself "you ought not to be doing that!" :nope

For me, I would definitely wear hose.
If you know you will only wear the shoes once, try a thrift or consignment shop.
Will you carry a purse of any kind?

That's a good idea about thrift or consignment. Yes, I will carry some kind of little clutch bag... something cute!

Leigh, could you get a spray tan on your legs instead of hose?
I've never had a spray tan done before and don't know anything about it. I bought some self-tanner last summer for my legs and never used it, so maybe I'll get that out this weekend and start working with it because it might take awhile to get it built up and smooth looking. Thanks for the suggestion!

I’m responding in general here about Poshmark. I too had seen the commercials but never been. What a fun place! They sell everything. My mom got an antique wooden sewing machine cover there, lol. And it’s so customizable. I set it for my size so that’s all I see and always change the drop down menu to show lowest price to highest. I’ve been having a lot of fun window shopping and have bought several pairs of shoes, something I need.
What a great way to shop!

My avatar is a saltwater fish I saw that I thought looked too cute not to use. It’s not been edited. It really looks that derpy.
It looks like a fun fish!! :nod

SarahRose

@Leigh I really like self tanner. It’s good to exfoliate well first. And depending on what brand you have it might help to dilute it a bit with a regular body lotion. This is almost more a reminder to myself because I just used self tanner again for the first time in a year or so and I’m all splotchy because I didn’t prepare like I should have :lol

Leigh

@SarahRose, thank you for the info. I've used self tanner in the past but didn't do that great a job with it, but last summer watched some YT videos about it & bought a better brand... then never used it! Do you use gloves to apply it?

Well it's Wednesday again, one of my favorite days of the week. Tonight is church supper then choir practice. Does your church have Wednesday night supper? I might start a thread about that in Anything Goes because I'm curious.

How is everyone's week going... what are you all doing?

Kerbluey

I’ve never heard of a regular Wednesday church supper (first time I’ve seen another person online call it supper!). My aunt’s Baptist church had suppers several times a year, but Wednesdays were for Bible study. Does everyone bring a dish? My cousins by marriage make a dinner every Sunday and anyone who’s alone, lonely, or whatever is invited. I really admire them for that.

I spent the day at my sewing machine altering some jeans, so I had a lot of fun but my back is killing me. I have several things that need altering, and I’m hoping to get them finished and crossed off this perpetual list. But I can only work for so long due to my back. It gets me so down sometimes. I get so tired of being tired and in pain. But that‘s why the Lord gave us books and the internet, right? And naps. Naps are good.

athenasius

@SarahRose, thank you for the info. I've used self tanner in the past but didn't do that great a job with it, but last summer watched some YT videos about it & bought a better brand... then never used it! Do you use gloves to apply it?

Well it's Wednesday again, one of my favorite days of the week. Tonight is church supper then choir practice. Does your church have Wednesday night supper? I might start a thread about that in Anything Goes because I'm curious.

How is everyone's week going... what are you all doing?
More drama with my eldest granddaughter. Autistic meltdowns on steroids. Difficult times for all. We're praying for God to intervene and basically believing that what God allows, He has a good reason for even if we don't understand it. But at the same time as she's exploding like a little bomb, things around the world seem to be happening faster than I can track. Rapture or rupture! :lol sort like how people say Nevada or BUST! We live in interesting times, bound to be a little rough and bumpy in spots the closer we get.

Leigh

@Kerbluey and @athenasius - praying right now about the things you mentioned, Christy's back pain, and Margery's granddaughter. :pray

Christy I will answer your question about the church suppers later today (I might copy your question over to that thread and talk about it there if that's okay.)

Right now I'm in a rush because in an hour I have a consult at the gym I joined earlier this week, to learn how to use the equipment and the best exercises for osteoporosis. Am hoping to get over there three times a week to walk the treadmill and do weight-bearing exercise.

Please say a prayer for my son Daniel; he's having a root canal today around noon. I hate that he's having to do this at such a young age (23), but apparently it's the result of a tooth he had filled a couple of years ago that has never been the same since. The root canal was scheduled for February but he's been in so much pain this last week that they moved it up to today. Thank you!

athenasius

@Kerbluey and @athenasius - praying right now about the things you mentioned, Christy's back pain, and Margery's granddaughter. :pray

Christy I will answer your question about the church suppers later today (I might copy your question over to that thread and talk about it there if that's okay.)

Right now I'm in a rush because in an hour I have a consult at the gym I joined earlier this week, to learn how to use the equipment and the best exercises for osteoporosis. Am hoping to get over there three times a week to walk the treadmill and do weight-bearing exercise.

Please say a prayer for my son Daniel; he's having a root canal today around noon. I hate that he's having to do this at such a young age (23), but apparently it's the result of a tooth he had filled a couple of years ago that has never been the same since. The root canal was scheduled for February but he's been in so much pain this last week that they moved it up to today. Thank you!
Lord we lift Daniel up before you and pray this goes well today, no further problems from this tooth.

son and dil go to a Tuesday night Bible study at their church but a weekly supper night sounds so nice. When people get friendly and comfy with each other, that is when the serious job of ministering to each other takes place. When we feel relaxed enough to let the guard down and really tell each other our worries and concerns.