Family life, Hobbies, Cooking, Interests

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Are you ladies all ready for thanksgiving? American ladies, that is. We are grilling dogs and burgers. I’m making a blueberry dessert that’s supposed to be delicious. If so I’ll share the recipe.
Yes, I think so. Of course, I got an early start since our older son called us about three weeks ago to let us know that they were hoping to come here for Thanksgiving. (Music to a mom's ears)
They will be arriving in a couple of hours. We'll have a light meal and a family chat when they get here, since it will be closer to bedtime. Getting excited to see them!
Kerbluey, would you mind telling us about your new avatar? I don't think I've seen that one before.

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Are you ladies all ready for thanksgiving? American ladies, that is. We are grilling dogs and burgers. I’m making a blueberry dessert that’s supposed to be delicious. If so I’ll share the recipe.
I’m looking forward to hearing about your blueberry dessert!

My daughter and daughter-in-law are doing the majority of the cooking. I was responsible for the candied yams, and those are ready to be reheated in the oven before dinner. I’ll also set the table, which I love to do. It’s so nice having other family members who don’t mind relieving me of all the work in the kitchen on the holidays.

@Belle of Grace : Have a wonderful time with your son and his family!

Baby Yoda

Yep. Was planning on a small meal for just hubby and me today, but he's sick so probably won't do much. I will still make his favorite, Pineapple Stuffing, and when he's up to it he can have some. (it's a very easy recipe if anyone needs a good side, especially for ham).

Both of our sisters invited us but we are still avoiding indoor gatherings, which worked out, sort of. (hubby's son and our DIL are also sick.)

Happy Thanksgiving ladies! I'm thankful for all of you. :cheer

Kerbluey

I hope everyone had a good day. I did although holidays are hard. I struggle with feeling left out of “normal” because I have so many mental issues. But the food and company were good. I’ll post the blueberry dessert at the end of this post.

Lynn, that’s me. Why? Haha, kidding. It’s from a video or pic, cant remember. This adorable old lady was sorting cherries or something, and I thought she was the cutest little grandma I’d ever seen so I saved her pic. She takes her fruit sorting seriously!

@robin, I hope your hubby and DIL get better soon. I’d love to get your pineapple stuffing recipe!

BLUEBERRY CAKE:
(it’s VERY rich and sweet)

Box Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix
12 oz Cool Whip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 can blueberry pie filling

Mix and bake cake per directions on box for a 2-layer cake. In large bowl mix soft cream cheese and sugar. Cream good, then whip in the Cool Whip. Beat on high speed about 2 minutes. Spread blueberry filling between layers then frost.

I think next time I’ll just make one layer cake, top with blueberry filling then top that with frosting.

Baby Yoda

I think you've got us curious about this yummy sounding recipe @RobinB

I got this decades ago from my ex's grandmother, and it's always a hit with the family.

Pineapple Stuffing

½ c Splenda, granulated (or sugar)

4 eggs, slightly beaten

20 oz. can crushed pineapple, do not drain

5 slices low carb bread, broken-up into ¼ pound melted butter (any type bread, my hubby likes cinnamon raisin bread)

Mix sugar and eggs.

Add pineapple, bread & butter, then combine all.

Sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon.

Bake in greased casserole for 1 hour at 350.

Let set to firm.