Family life, Hobbies, Cooking, Interests

SarahRose

@Leigh That does make sense and I love it :hug

I’m so glad to hear about your mom! And that you got to spend some fun quality time together.

I had a lazy day today too. Been feeling so beat lately. But the laundry pile continues to grow so I’d better do some tonight!

athenasius

I love you gals! Aiyanna I love hearing more from you and the other ladies here. Getting to know you all better.

Today George got the box of Christmas ornaments up from our storage unit in the garage of the apartment.

I washed some and made 2 candle arrangements to sit on either side of the TV. The gold shade goes with these battery powered flicker candles I got last year. Sitting on my white dinner plates.

I washed some of the aqua and white pinecone ornaments and put them in the coffee table bowl with my year round white carved candle in the middle. (Not shown)

George is the one wanting Christmas up early. We aren’t doing a tree this year- the last few have aggravated my asthma so this is it.

He found our favourite fireplace video on YouTube that has piano and instrumental carols- the lovely old ones.

Tomorrow I will show you my treasured Russian nativity icon. It’s out too.

Later closer to Christmas I’ll buy 2 poinsettias (thinking creamy off white and light green) plus an evergreen table centrepiece from the supermarket florist.

I don’t think I will miss the tree- and I never thought I would say that. Even with washing the ornaments I did use it was so much easier.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
@Belle of Grace, when does the family arrive for Thanksgiving? Have you got everything ready? Is your hubby still doing well since his surgery and follow-up last month?
Our older son & his family are arriving Wednesday night. I've done most everything that can be done in advance. These next few days dh & I are doing last minute touch up on cleaning and most likely I will still need one more run to grocery store (Walmart in our county seat 25 min to the store from home). My dh's vision is very good. Thank you. You mentioned that you will be updating prayer thread for John. I will be watching for it tomorrow or soon thereafter and will pray for his health needs. I'm sure sorry that he has Crohn's to deal with.
Will your family be at home for Thanksgiving or are you going to your mom's? It will be different from now on with Daniel getting married. In-laws are nice to have, but now you'll start taking turns for holidays most likely. Last year the other grandparents to the littles in WI invited us to come to their house in MN, across from the river that separates the two states.
Glad you got some rest today. Please update us on your choir's Christmas cantata. I would love to view it, if it's livestreamed or archived. We don't have a choir at our church, but our older son's church does (& an orchestra on special days). We will attend his church on Christmas morning.

Aiyanna

Whatcha play?

I started piano lessons in my 40s. Have taken lessons several yrs as arthritis allows. I think if I could practice consistently, I would be good. I LOVE piano!!
Guitar and the accordion (piano accordion) are my main instruments, but I've played a few different types of flutes before. The accordion goes back in my family a few generations. I inherited my grandmas big concert accordion and a lady who used to go to our church was a professional accordion player. She offered to give me free lessons. So I'm kind of trained with it.

I love piano music! My grandma had a nice piano. I was too embarrassed to play on it though.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Our choir Christmas program is just two weeks away! We still have lots of work left to do, but I think the biggest challenge will be keeping everyone well. We’ve been really low lately due to illness. It won’t be live-streamed but should be put on the church’s web page or YouTube channel a week or so afterwards. I will check with Chris and see if it’s okay to put the name here (don’t want to break any rules) - I would love for you to see it and thank you for your interest. . .
Leigh, thank you. I know that I would love your program. By the way, my name is Lynn, and I can't recall whether or not you told us that Leigh is your actual first name or your middle name. I like the way you spell it. It's nice to know one another's names on this thread. Anyone can call me Lynn or call me Belle. I'll answer to either. ;)

RobinB

Leigh, thank you. I know that I would love your program. By the way, my name is Lynn, and I can't recall whether or not you told us that Leigh is your actual first name or your middle name. I like the way you spell it. It's nice to know one another's names on this thread. Anyone can call me Lynn or call me Belle. I'll answer to either. ;)

Wondering where I put the cheat sheet of names I started....:doh

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Wondering where I put the cheat sheet of names I started....:doh
I lost mine too!! :biggrin
OP @Belle of Grace = Lynn
@Leigh = Leigh
@athenasius = Margery
@cheeky200386 = Christine
@JoyJoyJoy = Missy
@Kerbluey = Christy
@kathymendel = Kathy
@SarahRose = Sarah
@Mama Bug = Susan
@jab777 = Jennifer
@RobinB = Robin
@Psalm37v4 = Lynda
@Aiyanna = DeAnna
@ChildofLight = Barb
@yeshua'sbride = Therese
@mphsmom = ?

If I missed you, would you please reply to this post and add your name?

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Last edited:

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Added @caligal = Sandy to the list.
@GoldenEagle = Julia
OP @Belle of Grace = Lynn
@Leigh = Leigh
@athenasius = Margery
@cheeky200386 = Christine
@JoyJoyJoy = Missy
@Kerbluey = Christy
@kathymendel = Kathy
@SarahRose = Sarah
@Mama Bug = Susan
@jab777 = Jennifer
@RobinB = Robin
@Psalm37v4 = Lynda
@Aiyanna = DeAnna
@ChildofLight = Barb
@yeshua'sbride = Therese
@mphsmom = ?
@caligal = Sandy
If I missed you, would you please reply to this post and add your name?