Family life, Hobbies, Cooking, Interests

kathymendel

Kathy, I enjoyed looking through your daughter’s blog! She is very gifted!! I hope you can figure out how to change your avatar. Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can!! :nod
Well I finished stripping wallpaper late last night. We still have to take down the border above the upper cabinets, but won’t really be able to get to that until they tear out the cabinets. We’ve got the system down now so that should not take too long. :)

I change my avatar to our sweet boy, Thunder. (Not the best picture since it’s dark at the top.) We got Thunder as a puppy when we moved to Columbia and he lived to be about 13 years old. He was such a good dog, alway looking out for us.
I went to my phone, fairly newly replaced, and all of my pics of inside our house and wide-range outdoor pics are gone!!! :(
So, I will need to take new pics to try to put on my avatar. Will try to do it this week or next.............. Sorry about that.
At least they will be up to date......lol

mphsmom

We used to go to all the country fairs in the area but had to stop because I couldn't physically do it anymore. We like to fresh water fish (catch and release), but all we have ever caught in all the years are crappies, lol. But, at least I can fish sitting down.

Kerbluey

Leigh, praying for your mom, and I’m in awe she’s driving by herself at her age.

Sarah, YOUR room is cozy, lol. Thank you, that big square thing is a painting I did for hubby. It’s a copy of some Sioux Indian thing that I can’t remember. He’s a perfectionist and I’m not, so there was a lot of him hovering over my shoulder while painting it. I’ve been cross stitching for 42 years. I’ll put a pic in my avatar shortly.

Missy, your home is so cozy and homey.

Im forgetting someone I wanted to comment to. Ah, ha, I wanted to tell Kathy I love the blog. I’ve saved it to thoroughly browse.

I’ve been doing a lot of nothing lately. Well, cross stitching and some sewing. I’m just so tired all the time. Every day I have to make a choice and ration out my energy. Lately fun things are winning and that’s okay. It will eventually get to where the dust bunnies are knee high, and I’ll be forced into cleaning.

Last edited:

kathymendel

I'm so happy you gals are enjoying Deb's blog!!! She is so talented..........always has been. She won the local McDonald's coloring
contest (and a new 10-speed bike) at age 11 in Redding, CA. She added all kinds of extra stuff to the art sheet she colored, and it
was amazing!! From there, she has blossomed and she truly never fails to blow me away!!! She has many other talents, too.........
Her list of accomplishments is very, very long.......

Can you tell I am a very proud mom??? LOL.

I did a lot of crafting, decorating, entertaining, cooking, and sewing in my younger years............too old and feeble to do much anymore. It's sad,
but hopefully I will find something I can putter at that won't sap my faltering energy.

kathymendel

We used to go to all the country fairs in the area but had to stop because I couldn't physically do it anymore. We like to fresh water fish (catch and release), but all we have ever caught in all the years are cmrappies, lol. But, at least I can fish sitting down.
I can SO relate!!!! Deb and I used to go hit the thrift stores, finding things that we could "re-invent" for our home.
So much fun!!! Now, I can't walk the distances at all...... went to Barnes and Noble today to get a couple of crossword
puzzle books and they moved them ............ and they moved the info desk at the center of the store............ so I had to walk
the store twice to find someone working to find someone to tell me where they were. By the time I paid for my purchases,
I was exhausted.............. It's that way for almost everything now. We have to find the things we can still do, but they are
limited.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
We have to find the things we can still do, but they are
limited.
Kathy, very recently I took up watercolor as a new hobby. Lots of tutorials on YouTube and the supplies are cheap. I'm doing a few greeting cards for family and close friends. So relaxing. Since Deb is an artist, she may have done watercolor herself some time. If so, I'm sure it's very well done.

Leigh

Thanks for the prayers for my mother. She arrived safely, just in time to meet me at church for Wednesday night supper! We have to be at the hospital bright and early tomorrow for her CT scans.

I must say I’m really enjoying seeing all the different avatar pics! This is fun! I changed mine out to show our den. It would look cozier with a fire in the fireplace, but this is, after all, South Carolina so we don’t get that many opportunities for a fire!

athenasius

Thanks for the prayers for my mother. She arrived safely, just in time to meet me at church for Wednesday night supper! We have to be at the hospital bright and early tomorrow for her CT scans.

I must say I’m really enjoying seeing all the different avatar pics! This is fun! I changed mine out to show our den. It would look cozier with a fire in the fireplace, but this is, after all, South Carolina so we don’t get that many opportunities for a fire!
Leigh praying for her CT scans that all will go well.

I so agree, seeing everyone's homes feels even more like a nice coffee over at a dear friends place. Which it is.

@kathymendel I looked at your daughter's blog and WOW! yes she really is an artist, very very gifted.

I changed my kitchen photo to just 10 minutes before noon so you can see it in daylight. I had a question about the pink and blue lights which don't look like that in real life, they were just the undercounter LED lights and the light from the stove fan microwave thingy.

Something that might help that I noticed as I was playing with the avatar.

When I click on an avatar-- I really found out when I was clicking on @JoyJoyJoy kitchen to see it better

If you click on the avatar, go to the profile then double click or click like a crazy woman (me) then you get the full size photo whether it's the desktop, iphone or ipad. Our stuff is all Apple, so I don't know if it works on other platforms.

athenasius

And now that I told you all how to enlarge a photo, it's not working on the desktop so it may be hit and miss. I'm not a computer person definitely.

Tomorrow I'll put the living room up. Our main living area is one long room with the kitchen at one end, the living room at the other and the dining table in between. The kitchen has a raised bar to keep it slightly separated. The builder put in dark brown granite counters so at night it's hard to see what I'm doing without the undercounter lighting and the stove light.

kathymendel

Oh my! I love how this thread has taken off like wildfire!!!!! I feel like I'm getting to know each of you on a more personal basis.
What lovely women you all are!!! And, your homes are so fun to see! You all are so talented!!

Tomorrow we are going to a matinee movie of "The Chosen" at a local theater. It will start streaming free on tv in a couple of weeks,
but we want to see it on the big screen. And, our ticket purchase helps them fund the continuation of the making of the series. Afterwards,
we will go out for a light dinner before heading home.

In early December a group of our Diva ladies are meeting up for lunch in the northern San Diego area. Each of us are bringing a backpack
filled with toiletries, and many other things ladies need and use. They will be donated to battered women's shelters before the holidays. There
will be a crowd, I'm sure at the lunch, cuz they all love to pitch in and do things in the community. Several times a year, they get together to
create handmade cards to send to kids at Children's Hospitals, too. We love getting together with them as their hearts are soooo big and generous. Several of them have signed up for the Christian Vintage Trailer Club rally that is held each fall in Newport Beach. Deb and I have been going to that for three years now, and it's great to see some of our Divas joining that group. God is SO good............ and may He bless each one of you today!

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
they all love to pitch in and do things in the community. Several times a year, they get together to
create handmade cards to send to kids at Children's Hospitals, too. We love getting together with them as their hearts are soooo big and generous. Several of them have signed up for the Christian Vintage Trailer Club rally that is held each fall in Newport Beach. Deb and I have been going to that for three years now, and it's great to see some of our Divas joining that group. God is SO good............ and may He bless each one of you today!
Kathy, it sounds like you & Deb have a very special group of friends. So glad you both have the opportunity to get together with them. Thank you, too, for your very kind remarks about this thread. It was @Leigh idea, otherwise we would not even have it. God bless you & Deb. Thank you for posting her blog.