Family disloyalty

kathymendel

Love waxes cold............. around the world. In unsaved families and in Christian families. No one is exempt.
We have a plethora of narcissistic personalities causing havoc around the globe. Evil is overcoming the planet.
For a time. We are seeing it clearly now and it will continue to get worse. But, only for a time..........then our Lord Jesus
will come back and conquer that sinful one, satan and all those who follow him. Under Jesus' rule, love will once again abound
for a thousand years. Then, the final battle .......... and, heaven.
I pray we will be taken in the rapture very soon, before it gets too much worse here.

newtofaith

Love is growing cold there is no doubt but families aren't condemning members to death...yet. Possibly in other countries they are although I think it is going to have to get much worse globally for the bible to make sense.
I have this awful feeling that governments will bribe people with money/food and freedom for ratting their loved ones out. If people are starving then I can see disloyalty becoming common place.
Scary.

Jonathan

I imagine how many Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners this gets in the way of. Surely, logically, out of pure common sense and love, if you are at an important, cherished holiday like that, it should go without saying "DON'T BRING UP POLITICS!!!!" if you know there is even one person attending who sees things differently. Yet, way too often, people do this. In my case, it is a liberal family member.

What happens when she does this, is, well, once or twice I have argued slightly with her, one time even mocked her (not proud of that), but more often than not just gets everyone stressed out trying to change the subject and take her sentiments on the other cheek and hope she gets the hint, to move along.

Bringing up religion, on the other hand, especially at meals that have religious significance, is an even tougher nut to crack. I don't want to have to bow my head and say a word of thanks while I know one or two people at the table are rolling their eyes while thinking of a clever, snarky remark afterwards.

JSTyler

Just follow scripture and live a quiet and respectable life being a peacemaker and helping others. You won't have to worry because God will even make your enemies live at peace with you.

I know, easier said than done but alas, this is spiritual warfare.

At least we fly before it really hits the fan.

:rapture
:biggrin2

I have two immediate reactions to your excellent comments;

1 - Picture me (since you really can't cuz' I haven't posted pictures, just use Homer Simpson as a mental reference) sticking my fingers into my proverbial ears, shouting petulantly, "LA LA LA LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" as I wade into the next round of raucous discussions with whomever about religion, politics, money, vaccines and whatever else stirs up the multitudinous corrals of tied goats.

2 - WHERE. WERE. YOU. WITH. THIS. ADVICE. fifty years ago? Twenty-five years ago...ten years ago...five years ago...yesterday...later this afternoon? Tomorrow? Huh!?!? Please explain yourself :wink2

I grew up in chaos. My mother ruled the house, controlled by 90% emotion + 8% insanity + 2% un-reason, had to modes, agree with me or all-out-war. My father's leadership was exhibited by his willingness to escape to woods or the lake and had a life and relational philosophy that amounted to, "She'll get over it." My siblings were carbon copies of my mother.

I had no idea what peace was until I met my wife. Time with her family was surreal. I thought they were weird and messed up. There wasn't any shouting, screaming, breaking furniture, slamming doors, storming off in a rage, bruises, contusions, etcetera. I had to be conditioned to a new way of living. Have you ever watched those videos of lab Beagles released into the outdoors, able to walk on grass, see the sun and play with another dog for the first time? It was like that.

Hehe, even the prior vaccine discussions around here would have been a casual, "How's your day been?" chat back when I was a wee lad.

Wings Like Eagles

Love is growing cold there is no doubt but families aren't condemning members to death...yet. Possibly in other countries they are although I think it is going to have to get much worse globally for the bible to make sense.
I have this awful feeling that governments will bribe people with money/food and freedom for ratting their loved ones out. If people are starving then I can see disloyalty becoming common place.
Scary.
That already happened under Chinese communism. As part of Mao's larger "Cultural Revolution", his Red Guard terrorized communities throughout China from mid-1966 to the end of 1968. They began in a way that is very similar to they way that Antifa operates in some U.S. cities. They toppled statues, desecrated monuments, etc. Then they began to betray and murder those they called "dissidents"--even their own relatives. There was an excellent CBC radio drama detailing the activities of the Red Guard, written by a Chinese political refugee in Canada. It was broadcast about ten years ago, iirc. Those the Red Guard killed were part of the estimated 70 million deaths of "dissidents" and others killed during Mao's "Cultural Revolution". A lot of globalist moneybags are great admirers of China.

Bethlehem57

Just follow scripture and live a quiet and respectable life being a peacemaker and helping others. You won't have to worry because God will even make your enemies live at peace with you.

I know, easier said than done but alas, this is spiritual warfare.

At least we fly before it really hits the fan.

:rapture
If anything, we are told that life will get harder for us. Jesus said that the world would hate us because it hated Him first.

I pray that you we are outta here soon, but, remember this…..they can only kill us once. The can’t have my soul! I’m with you about getting out of here soon!

newtofaith

Yes Wings and I have read enough books about North Korea to see where the world is going. I believe that globalists have practised what they intend to achieve on a smaller scale throughout the last century.
How to decimate an economy= Venezuela
How to make masks normality=china
Social credit=china etc etc
If you want to know what is going to happen in the future then look to the past.
Satan has little originality or creativity. He's just copy/paste, copy/paste.

Reason & Hope

Marxism is all about the State ruling supreme in everyone's life. That also means the State demands loyalty above your family. In the USSR, they made a hero of a boy who reported his father to the authorities because the father had hidden some potatoes to feed his own family with. Little children were taught to tell their teachers what their parents spoke about in private.

Today we have seen some instances of American teachers tell their students to talk about how "racist" or homophobic their parents are. Same idea: make the children have greater allegiance to an ideology than to their parents and family.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Today we have seen some instances of American teachers tell their students to talk about how "racist" or homophobic their parents are. Same idea: make the children have greater allegiance to an ideology than to their parents and family.
Yes and it is also repeated on social media. "If your parents can't get in line with real humanity and dignity [aka all sexual perversions] then get rid of them. They are dead weight and part of the homophobic past."

Wings Like Eagles

Yes Wings and I have read enough books about North Korea to see where the world is going. I believe that globalists have practised what they intend to achieve on a smaller scale throughout the last century.
How to decimate an economy= Venezuela
How to make masks normality=china
Social credit=china etc etc
If you want to know what is going to happen in the future then look to the past.
Satan has little originality or creativity. He's just copy/paste, copy/paste.
Yes--you are absolutely right. I think Satan must be restricted to certain ways of deception. Or, maybe it is because he HAS no creativity--that only the Creator has that and to those whom He wants to give it. Satan seems to use the same deceptions over and over and over. And, the human race, like dopes, fall into his traps every time. Part of it is our ignorance of history.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Yes--you are absolutely right. I think Satan must be restricted to certain ways of deception. Or, maybe it is because he HAS no creativity--that only the Creator has that and to those whom He wants to give it. Satan seems to use the same deceptions over and over and over. And, the human race, like dopes, fall into his traps every time. Part of it is our ignorance of history.

satan knows what works, and it always seems to work... :(

MyhopeisinHim

That already happened under Chinese communism. As part of Mao's larger "Cultural Revolution", his Red Guard terrorized communities throughout China from mid-1966 to the end of 1968. They began in a way that is very similar to they way that Antifa operates in some U.S. cities. They toppled statues, desecrated monuments, etc. Then they began to betray and murder those they called "dissidents"--even their own relatives. There was an excellent CBC radio drama detailing the activities of the Red Guard, written by a Chinese political refugee in Canada. It was broadcast about ten years ago, iirc. Those the Red Guard killed were part of the estimated 70 million deaths of "dissidents" and others killed during Mao's "Cultural Revolution". A lot of globalist moneybags are great admirers of China.
If anything, we are told that life will get harder for us. Jesus said that the world would hate us because it hated Him first.

I pray that you we are outta here soon, but, remember this…..they can only kill us once. The can’t have my soul! I’m with you about getting out of here soon!

cyasoon

First time poster, long time lurker. I'm so encouraged by you all. My daughter and son-in-law refuse to let me see my granddaughter because I am unvaccinated, a conservative, and a Christian. She sent me a scathing text Sunday about what a horrible person I am because of the above. My son has also distanced himself from me. I am encouraged because it's nice to know I'm not going through this alone. I wouldn't be surprised if my children turned me in to the "authorities". Living through this is such spiritual warfare. It is amazing to see prophecy being fulfilled in my own life. Come Lord Jesus!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
First time poster, long time lurker. I'm so encouraged by you all. My daughter and son-in-law refuse to let me see my granddaughter because I am unvaccinated, a conservative, and a Christian. She sent me a scathing text Sunday about what a horrible person I am because of the above. My son has also distanced himself from me. I am encouraged because it's nice to know I'm not going through this alone. I wouldn't be surprised if my children turned me in to the "authorities". Living through this is such spiritual warfare. It is amazing to see prophecy being fulfilled in my own life. Come Lord Jesus!

Thanks for posting cyasoon. I hope we hear more from you. I hope you're eventually able to interact with you grand daughter. Are your children Believers?

RogerThat

Hahaha...growing up in MS, I get it! Cowbells give me high blood pressure! And I'm Ole Miss girl married to an Alabama boy. It can get....tense around here come fall. :lol
To those outside the state of Alabama you won't understand. Living today is like living in Alabama; you have to choose between Alabama and Auburn.