Family, church seek to bring 2-year-old girl back to life through prayer, song and praise

usoutpost31

Exactly. Im perplexed as to why some feel there was nothing wrong with the Bethel church encouraging this action.
Maybe empathizing with the grieving parents desire to have their child back. I think many understand that.

From Bethel's perspective I get the feeling they undertook this just to see if they could do it, perform a documented resurrection in the public eye. Quite a feather in their cap, imagine the new converts to a church that could advertise itself as being able to raise the dead.

usoutpost31

I agree with you completely!

I don’t understand why so much money continues to roll in for their GoFundMe page? 63k? All I can think of is how truly helpful and needed that amount of money would be for persecuted Christians or any organization that spreads the True Gospel of God’s inerrant Word! :pray The money donated to this grieving mother is not my business- and I do realize that, intellectually... but on a personal level, it just bugs me. :(
Go Fund Me can be a helpful platform for people who are really in a tight spot and need help. But there are also unscrupulous adults who have no compunction about taking advantage of other people's generosity. I've given to several causes there because the personal appeals touched me; I then learned that those same people never stop asking for money. Once they reach their goal; their goals move higher, there are always new reasons why they need more money.

The Go Fund Me account for the Heilingenthal family is still open; they have raised $75 000 and are still taking donations(they are now shooting for 100 Gs.) I suspect they will keep that page up as long as people are willing to give. There should be some personal sense of responsibility; realize when they have enough and put a cap on it.