Facebook’s New Cryptocurrency, Libra, Gets Big Backers

Hidden

Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Uber are among firms that will invest around $10 million each in consortium that will govern digital coin

Full Article

-------------------------

As much as we want Facebook to go away, I think it is here to stay and may very well be part of the Revived Babylon.

Jonathan

Hmm.... $10 mil is chump change for thse sorts of companies. Bitcoin, the original digital currency, was created in secret, by someone (or people) who are still anonymous, as best I can tell. I'd trust them more than facebook. Then again, I've never played around with digital currency. It may be the future, but I just don't know.

Hidden

Hmm.... $10 mil is chump change for thse sorts of companies. Bitcoin, the original digital currency, was created in secret, by someone (or people) who are still anonymous, as best I can tell. I'd trust them more than facebook. Then again, I've never played around with digital currency. It may be the future, but I just don't know.
Well, this could snowball and succeed or go bust. We will see. One of these days, one of these digital currencies will wipe out all existing currencies and will become the dominant global currency with which the antichrist will control the world.

Len

$10 mil is chump change for thse sorts of companies. Bitcoin, the original digital currency, was created in secret, by someone (or people) who are still anonymous, as best I can tell.
In Australia when we got our "Bankcard" it was apparantly started with a minuscule half a million ozzie dollars and it just snowballed into many different cards that the banks used eh! ..... those peices of plastic are all the for runner of what is coming next and digital currency is "IT" , the mark when it arrives will be using this digital currency for sure what do you think???

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
It's my opinion that crypto-currency/digital currency not controlled directly by a government is nothing more than play money. People have both made and lost a lot with crypto currency, but I see its intrinsic value as zero. I guess the same can be said for government money to some extent... I'll stick with the US dollar and will be happy to make my exchanges electronically using plastic cards or in some other way. When the US economy completely busts, we'll have more problems than just pocketfuls of worthless cash, but at least that cash will have some value until the bust.

madcat

Interesting. Imagine a world dominated by a Facebook currency and if your social profile isn't PC enough you don't get to play
I don’t think we have to “imagine” that concept as far as social profile banning. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
IT’S HERE !!!!! I ditched Facebook several years ago, when it was linked directly to my identity theft nightmare. And I don’t even look at Twitter anymore, since they shadow ban me when I post pro-conservative “anything”. Especially trying to post articles from RR. And now Pinterest has been exposed for the same discrimination.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

InsuranceGuy

I don't think the coming digital/crypto currency will even be considered, or called, money. I've noticed the term 'credits' popping up in everything from movies to video games the past decade. That probably makes no difference, I just found it interesting. It is the blockchain technology most people like, but also don't understand. In theory, you could never be tracked using crypto-currency. That is a bit of a stretch though. With governments now looking into blockchain, it's only a matter of time before it's how we use money. The more you read about it though, the more you will come to find out how one person, or a government, COULD track you and what/when you spend. As with everything else leading to the OWG, this is a step that sounds ok on the surface, but dig a bit deeper. I believe something such as this is necessary for the AC to have his finger on the pulse of everyone and likely will be tied in to why the Mark is needed in order to buy/sell.

pixelpusher

I reckon digital currency could play a huge role in an AC govt, but don't think it is necessarily necessary, or that it would need to be 100% in use globablly... but in order to have banking or whatever form in that time, you'll have to be up to snuff with the marking and allegiance criteria.

Shudders.

InsuranceGuy

I reckon digital currency could play a huge role in an AC govt, but don't think it is necessarily necessary, or that it would need to be 100% in use globablly... but in order to have banking or whatever form in that time, you'll have to be up to snuff with the marking and allegiance criteria.

Shudders.
Agreed. We know not everyone agrees with the AC when he's in power, so I would expect a substantial black market will be present. Only a few years ago, the black market WAS crypto currency. lol