Face Creams Disappearing Off the Shelves

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
ROOT while editing the above [sigh]

Turns out the above is a better deal than the big size plus refill because no 15% off autoship available on the refill "deal" :hmmm

:console Charlotte is cheaper than many of the Lancome products per ml (oz) even when the Lancome is on sale :console :lol

Haven't been able to afford Lancome for many, many years. My favorite moisturizer was only available in France and some parts of Canada, for a long time, and now I think it's maybe no longer manufactured [sigh]

Last edited:

athenasius

I bought the big one with a refill as a set for a bit less than separately last November on the Sephora sale which helped bring it down a bit. I'd tried a mini size for a couple of months previously, and was sure I was good with it. I just have to buy the refills now, and those I will wait for the Sephora sale which comes April and November. If I run out in between, oh well. There is a good cheap one that is very similar by ELF but it's made in China and I just don't buy anything made there for 2,020 good reasons lets just say. If it's Chinese and I can avoid it, I do.

I've heard that Paula's Choice Resist is another good possible dupe, and I've been thinking about trying her all mineral SPF so I might try that next. Made in America.

Another dupe ish thing is Neutrogena's Hydro Boost line, which is very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge and Peter Thomas Roth's Cloud Cream. I think I mentioned it upthread as a dupe for Clinique but I was watching a skin care vid the other day that said it was pretty close to Cloud cream which is another nice but spendy product.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I bought the big one with a refill as a set for a bit less than separately last November on the Sephora sale which helped bring it down a bit. I'd tried a mini size for a couple of months previously, and was sure I was good with it. I just have to buy the refills now, and those I will wait for the Sephora sale which comes April and November. If I run out in between, oh well. There is a good cheap one that is very similar by ELF but it's made in China and I just don't buy anything made there for 2,020 good reasons lets just say. If it's Chinese and I can avoid it, I do.

I've heard that Paula's Choice Resist is another good possible dupe, and I've been thinking about trying her all mineral SPF so I might try that next. Made in America.

Another dupe ish thing is Neutrogena's Hydro Boost line, which is very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge and Peter Thomas Roth's Cloud Cream. I think I mentioned it upthread as a dupe for Clinique but I was watching a skin care vid the other day that said it was pretty close to Cloud cream which is another nice but spendy product.

Supposedly Pacifica Dreamy Youth is similar $16 :lol "Vegan and cruelty free" and the company's in Oregon, but no idea where it's made
https://www.whowhatwear.com/best-drugstore-moisturizers/slide8

Last edited:

Channah

Because I'm going through a depression right now, I still haven't opened up my Chanel moisturizer which I paid almost 500 dollars for. When I get depressed I just go shopping. Two weeks ago, I bought tons of Gucci baby clothes (I don't have babies, I don't know anyone with babies and my grand children are not babies) and also two exact same Prada dresses.

Back on topic. I've been using Oil of Olay from Costco. Two pack is $39.00 and lasts a long time. Charlotte Tilbury is great stuff.

athenasius

Because I'm going through a depression right now, I still haven't opened up my Chanel moisturizer which I paid almost 500 dollars for. When I get depressed I just go shopping. Two weeks ago, I bought tons of Gucci baby clothes (I don't have babies, I don't know anyone with babies and my grand children are not babies) and also two exact same Prada dresses.

Back on topic. I've been using Oil of Olay from Costco. Two pack is $39.00 and lasts a long time. Charlotte Tilbury is great stuff.
OH Channah, I was thinking about you and missing you!!!! You and a couple of others that we used to see regularly. Oh sweetie, praying for you and sending a big hug! Wish I could pop over with tea and a box of kleenex! I've been gone a bit off and on, they changed my thyroid pill to slow and tired with a side order of my brain cells seem glued together again, sigh, and it hasn't helped the arrhythmia that it was supposedly causing. I've got a few more medical appointments (lipstick sure helps) to plow thru but when I've been here chatting, I've missed you! :hug Thank you for popping in, and I'll be praying for you!!!