Face Creams Disappearing Off the Shelves

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
ROOT while editing the above [sigh]

Turns out the above is a better deal than the big size plus refill because no 15% off autoship available on the refill "deal" :hmmm

:console Charlotte is cheaper than many of the Lancome products per ml (oz) even when the Lancome is on sale :console :lol

Haven't been able to afford Lancome for many, many years. My favorite moisturizer was only available in France and some parts of Canada, for a long time, and now I think it's maybe no longer manufactured [sigh]

Last edited:

athenasius

I bought the big one with a refill as a set for a bit less than separately last November on the Sephora sale which helped bring it down a bit. I'd tried a mini size for a couple of months previously, and was sure I was good with it. I just have to buy the refills now, and those I will wait for the Sephora sale which comes April and November. If I run out in between, oh well. There is a good cheap one that is very similar by ELF but it's made in China and I just don't buy anything made there for 2,020 good reasons lets just say. If it's Chinese and I can avoid it, I do.

I've heard that Paula's Choice Resist is another good possible dupe, and I've been thinking about trying her all mineral SPF so I might try that next. Made in America.

Another dupe ish thing is Neutrogena's Hydro Boost line, which is very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge and Peter Thomas Roth's Cloud Cream. I think I mentioned it upthread as a dupe for Clinique but I was watching a skin care vid the other day that said it was pretty close to Cloud cream which is another nice but spendy product.

Ghoti Ichthus

I bought the big one with a refill as a set for a bit less than separately last November on the Sephora sale which helped bring it down a bit. I'd tried a mini size for a couple of months previously, and was sure I was good with it. I just have to buy the refills now, and those I will wait for the Sephora sale which comes April and November. If I run out in between, oh well. There is a good cheap one that is very similar by ELF but it's made in China and I just don't buy anything made there for 2,020 good reasons lets just say. If it's Chinese and I can avoid it, I do.

I've heard that Paula's Choice Resist is another good possible dupe, and I've been thinking about trying her all mineral SPF so I might try that next. Made in America.

Another dupe ish thing is Neutrogena's Hydro Boost line, which is very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge and Peter Thomas Roth's Cloud Cream. I think I mentioned it upthread as a dupe for Clinique but I was watching a skin care vid the other day that said it was pretty close to Cloud cream which is another nice but spendy product.

Supposedly Pacifica Dreamy Youth is similar $16 :lol "Vegan and cruelty free" and the company's in Oregon, but no idea where it's made
https://www.whowhatwear.com/best-drugstore-moisturizers/slide8

Last edited:

Channah

Because I'm going through a depression right now, I still haven't opened up my Chanel moisturizer which I paid almost 500 dollars for. When I get depressed I just go shopping. Two weeks ago, I bought tons of Gucci baby clothes (I don't have babies, I don't know anyone with babies and my grand children are not babies) and also two exact same Prada dresses.

Back on topic. I've been using Oil of Olay from Costco. Two pack is $39.00 and lasts a long time. Charlotte Tilbury is great stuff.

athenasius

Because I'm going through a depression right now, I still haven't opened up my Chanel moisturizer which I paid almost 500 dollars for. When I get depressed I just go shopping. Two weeks ago, I bought tons of Gucci baby clothes (I don't have babies, I don't know anyone with babies and my grand children are not babies) and also two exact same Prada dresses.

Back on topic. I've been using Oil of Olay from Costco. Two pack is $39.00 and lasts a long time. Charlotte Tilbury is great stuff.
OH Channah, I was thinking about you and missing you!!!! You and a couple of others that we used to see regularly. Oh sweetie, praying for you and sending a big hug! Wish I could pop over with tea and a box of kleenex! I've been gone a bit off and on, they changed my thyroid pill to slow and tired with a side order of my brain cells seem glued together again, sigh, and it hasn't helped the arrhythmia that it was supposedly causing. I've got a few more medical appointments (lipstick sure helps) to plow thru but when I've been here chatting, I've missed you! :hug Thank you for popping in, and I'll be praying for you!!!

Momma D

I am not great at taking care of my skin, but when I do I use Trader Joe's Nourish facial cleanser and Gold Bond Restoring lotion.
I have pretty much fallen in love with Gold Bond products and use the first one I grab.
I have sensitive skin and using any one of their products, even on my face, has never been a problem.
Their restoring lotion is especially light snd silky.
Love it!

Channah

OH Channah, I was thinking about you and missing you!!!! You and a couple of others that we used to see regularly. Oh sweetie, praying for you and sending a big hug! Wish I could pop over with tea and a box of kleenex! I've been gone a bit off and on, they changed my thyroid pill to slow and tired with a side order of my brain cells seem glued together again, sigh, and it hasn't helped the arrhythmia that it was supposedly causing. I've got a few more medical appointments (lipstick sure helps) to plow thru but when I've been here chatting, I've missed you! :hug Thank you for popping in, and I'll be praying for you!!!
Thank you! I miss you guys. After my doggy passed away, my young nephew passed away unexpectedly and I had to fly to the funeral. So much problems. My brother whose son passed away is completely destitute by choice and could not bury his son. Our siblings had to help him. I have sort of disowned him as my brother but my nephew deserved to be buried with dignity. He left behind 3 young children under six years old.

Before my nephew passed away my brother I were talking and I told him he needs to repent (I told him respectfully) but he says his religion was from his parents (our parents). Staunch Roman Catholic but acts like a heathen. Never took responsibility for his children and refused the mother of his grandchildren the ability to say goodbye to her partner, my nephew. I’m so angry at him I called him out at funeral because he wouldn’t even let her ride the hearse. It was such a sad funeral. My nephew’s partner is so grief stricken she did not know what to do at the funeral. My nephew’s mother lives in the Philippines and I told her to go the embassy and get a visa to go to the funeral but she didn’t even come. The family would have helped her. I’m sorry but those two, mother and father are irresponsible. I let my brother know that if he attempted to get social security benefits from my nephew and lied to authorities I will turn him in for fraud. He’s already in trouble for being AWOL from the military all these years. He lives off grid drinking beer and smoking pot all day.

I felt so horrible for my nephew’s children.

athenasius

Thank you! I miss you guys. After my doggy passed away, my young nephew passed away unexpectedly and I had to fly to the funeral. So much problems. My brother whose son passed away is completely destitute by choice and could not bury his son. Our siblings had to help him. I have sort of disowned him as my brother but my nephew deserved to be buried with dignity. He left behind 3 young children under six years old.

Before my nephew passed away my brother I were talking and I told him he needs to repent (I told him respectfully) but he says his religion was from his parents (our parents). Staunch Roman Catholic but acts like a heathen. Never took responsibility for his children and refused the mother of his grandchildren the ability to say goodbye to her partner, my nephew. I’m so angry at him I called him out at funeral because he wouldn’t even let her ride the hearse. It was such a sad funeral. My nephew’s partner is so grief stricken she did not know what to do at the funeral. My nephew’s mother lives in the Philippines and I told her to go the embassy and get a visa to go to the funeral but she didn’t even come. The family would have helped her. I’m sorry but those two, mother and father are irresponsible. I let my brother know that if he attempted to get social security benefits from my nephew and lied to authorities I will turn him in for fraud. He’s already in trouble for being AWOL from the military all these years. He lives off grid drinking beer and smoking pot all day.

Oh Channah, I knew about your dog passing away, and my heart went out to you, but this is so much more that you've walked thru. Like righteous Lot, you are grieved by the sin around you in your brother and losing your nephew is so hard. I'm glad you are in your nephew's partner's life and the lives of his children to provide Christian love and mercy. Praying for lots of opportunities for you to witness to your nephew's partner and their children.

Ghoti Ichthus

:hug :console

:pray :pray :amen :amen

katt

I am now working at Kentucky Fried Chicken..the grease build up on my face is back to what it was when I was a teenager..for the first time in years I need a skin care routine..was thinking about using the Mary Kay skin care line..but it is so expensive..I thought I'd try something else first..I have seen some remarkable products recommended on this thread..but it's such a long thread, just the thought of going through each and every post is just..more than I can do right now..I wondered if anyone in their 60's with oily sensitive skin might be able to recommend something?

ChildofLight

I am now working at Kentucky Fried Chicken..the grease build up on my face is back to what it was when I was a teenager..for the first time in years I need a skin care routine..was thinking about using the Mary Kay skin care line..but it is so expensive..I thought I'd try something else first..I have seen some remarkable products recommended on this thread..but it's such a long thread, just the thought of going through each and every post is just..more than I can do right now..I wondered if anyone in their 60's with oily sensitive skin might be able to recommend something?
I suggest witch hazel and to me it is rather a gentle cleanser. I used it when I was a teenager with oily skin. You can look it up on the internet for additional benefits.

Ghoti Ichthus

I'm old and have very oily skin (and scalp and hair :lol

Simple foaming face wash. That brand is specifically for sensitive skin. I like their cleansing wipes, too :smile
Have not tried the micellar water or wipes. I get mine at Walgreen's and try for sales or Senior Day (first Tuesday of the month here). Sometimes, supply chain issues mean I have to pay full price, but I get points. Also available at Walmart and Target. Prices and the specific products in the Simple brand that each carry can vary, including at different locations of the same chain. Boxes are light green and white.

If Simple isn't enough, or not available or too expensive, old fashioned regular Noxzema out of the jar. If I use the Noxzema, my face is soooooo clean, but I have to follow on with the Simple because I sometimes get pimples from it LOL Lately, the water treatment here has changed, so this hasn't been necessary, though :smile Jar is blue. Mine has a green spot on the front with the word Eucalyptus in it. FWIW, the smell also opens the sinuses.Walgreen's, Walmart, or Target.

I wash my face, neck, etc. in the shower, so very hot water. Some people finish face washing with cool or cold water to close the pores (over the sink if you don't want cool or cold water elsewhere :lol

If you still need a moisturizer, Everyone Unscented 3-in-1 Lotion is very lightweight, no lingering odor, and very lightweight. Doesn't cause any pimples (for me, anyway). A BIG bottle that lasts a long time (over a year for me) about $10 at Whole Foods.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

ROOT [sigh]

Summertime, I also use the Everyone 3-in-1 Lotion if I need something on my hands, like after in a lot of water/harsh soaps and sanitizers, etc. Winter, I either have to add some aloe (for hands) or use Simple lotion for hands. Below zero plus hand sanitizer that isn't GermX, I add some aloe to the Simple occasionally while doing my hands. Big bottle of plain aloe (clear gel) at Walgreen's was less than $2 and lasted me years and still have a bunch left. Sometimes it's with the sunburn items, sometimes with facial cleaners, etc., and sometimes by hemorrhoid and laxative. Be careful not to get the aloe that has pain reliever (XXXXX caines) in it for this purpose :lol Every store layout is different.

Sissy

:lol she's a spendy wench alright! Thankfully I never had a yen to try out La Mer! And I'm still on the hunt for a dupe.
Well I used La Mer for a few years . Yes it is beyond spendy but I told myself I was the daughter of a king (the King) and I deserved it. After several hundred dollars per item and I didn't look a day younger, just pocketbook lighter, I decided to give it up. Now I use Curel lotion on everything from head to toe and it even soothes my rosacea and smooths my skin before applying makeup.

And as far as fragrances go I've used them all, my favorite being Donna Karan Gold, definitely a wedding fragrance. As I have aged me and fragrances don't get along anymore. There have been times I've bought concert tickets with the best possible seats only to have others sit next to me with headache inducing fragrance on. Enough so that I would have to move and still be ill. Edited to add I swear I think the state fragrance for OK is Love's Baby Soft!! At church ladies and men would sit near me with perfume or after shave that would induce a nausea/migraine. Magazines would come in the mail that the perfume samples inside would cause the mailbox to reek. If you got it on your hands just removing the mail it was so hard to get off. I don't even do the laundry in my favorite detergent as it shuts me down. I have tons of nasal spray, antihistamines; done the allergy shots, etc.

For now Curel Ultra Healing intensive lotion for extra-dry, tight skin is cure all, be all for me. :)