Face Creams Disappearing Off the Shelves

TimeWarpWife

For years now, I've used Jergens Face Cream and Pond's facial cleanser. I needed a new jar and to my shock and horror, Jergens has been discontinued, and all my online go-to stores are sold out of the Pond's. :mope The Jergens is going for $11+ a jar on all the "second hand" shops like Ebay. The last time I bought a jar was at Wally World and it was about $3.99 a jar. The Jergens company has also discontinued their entire line of age-defying lotions and are now selling what looks like "woke" lotions called the Cloud, or something like that. I guess the old standby Jergens original will be next on the chopping block. It really makes me sad that these things that have been around for 70-80 years are now disappearing off store shelves.

Last edited:

Leigh

Oh no! I hate when a product I love is discontinued! The original Jergens hand lotion always smelled so nice!

I looked up the Jergens Cloud and it looks like something I might would try. It has hyaluronic complex... which I don't know exactly what the "complex" part means, but hyaluronic acid is supposed to be beneficial.

The Ponds cleanser is nice too, although I haven't used it in a year or so. I've been using the Equate brand of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, which I like a lot.

There are several skin care channels I follow on YT and I'm always trying out different products. :)

katt

I always hated the smell of Jergans, I saw some at work the other day, and wondering if it still smelled the same I tried some, it does and it activated my asthma to boot, I coughed all night and it steadily got worse to the point of me needing my nebulizer which I couldn't and can't get to because it's in storage, please pray that I'll soon find the right place for me that I can call my own so I can finally get my things out of storage..and pray that I soon find a job that has good pay and good benefits, I have 2 jobs now but not making much..please and thank you to all of you that have me in your prayers..

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
For years now, I've used Jergens Face Cream and Pond's facial cleanser. I needed a new jar and to my shock and horror, Jergens has been discontinued, and all my online go-to stores are sold out of the Pond's. :mope The Jergens is going for $11+ a jar on all the "second hand" shops like Ebay. The last time I bought a jar was at Wally World and it was about $3.99 a jar. The Jergens company has also discontinued their entire line of age-defying lotions and are now selling what looks like "woke" lotions called the Cloud, or something like that. I guess the old standby Jergens original will be next on the chopping block. It really makes me sad that these things that have been around for 70-80 years are now disappearing off store shelves.
I just checked Walmart dot com. They have Jergens All Purpose Face Cream in the 15 oz. jar for $3.13. They also have Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser, 3.5 oz., for $5.71. Hope that helps!

Lovin Jesus

Have you tried the Dollar tree? Or some other dollar store? Some of them carry those older face creams like Ponds or Jergens.

Leigh

I like the smell of Jergens, too. Is it my imagination or did it use to come in a yellow bottle...years ago????
I was remembering it being in a white bottle years ago... so I did a quick google image search "vintage Jergens lotion" and some of the older bottles were white and some were yellow(ish). Some of the even older ones than I can remember (pre-1970s) were in glass bottles. Those are really pretty!

alisani

My mama kept that by her chair. I didn't love the smell of it. Still don't care for rose scented products.
Same. Yardley had rose-scented soaps and toilet water back in the day. I was gifted some by someone who apparently didn't know me at all. Instant headache from the strong smell. I avoided the temptation to burn it and bury it in the backyard, instead opting to quietly regift it. :rolleyes2

Leigh

My mama kept that by her chair. I didn't love the smell of it. Still don't care for rose scented products.
Same. Yardley had rose-scented soaps and toilet water back in the day. I was gifted some by someone who apparently didn't know me at all. Instant headache from the strong smell. I avoided the temptation to burn it and bury it in the backyard, instead opting to quietly regift it. :rolleyes2
I loved the scent! I guess because the Rose Milk belonged to my grandmother, to me it has an "older lady" scent, but I loved it.

Alisani I understand the headache link. That probably wouldn't be enough to start a migraine for me (something like MUSK would be - yuck!), but if I already had one -- it wouldn't help! :nope

alisani

I loved the scent! I guess because the Rose Milk belonged to my grandmother, to me it has an "older lady" scent, but I loved it.

Alisani I understand the headache link. That probably wouldn't be enough to start a migraine for me (something like MUSK would be - yuck!), but if I already had one -- it wouldn't help! :nope
I remember rose milk. This one was straight up rose with nothing to balance it and the strong odor was way more intense. Colognes will also bring on headaches for me. So musk like amber would affect you?

GotGrace

If my moisturizer keeps going up I’m going to have to resort to using lard or maybe. upgrade to crisco. No kidding skincare is getting expensive. :woah

I hope you find your Ponds T a good price.