Ezekiel 38-39

This has been coming to mind quite a bit lately. With Russia suddenly back in the picture, courtesy of Biden crushing our plans for harvesting our own oil and gas and selling it to Germany, now that Trump is out of the picture, this could rapidly escalate to an Ezekiel situation, Germany will be aligned with Russia and Turkey and all the other Ezekiel countries, and Putin has the money now to do what he wants to do with Germany buying gas and oil from Russia. Do I have anything wrong here?

Neonap

Ezekiel 38 takes place when Israel is at peace and not suspecting an attack. That isn't the case now.

Agreed. I think what will come first will be the pslam 83 war/Isaiah 17 and then Ezekiel 38 will soon follow. Israel is not living in peace nor have her walls not gone so this is why I think the pslam 83 war will take care of that.

Since we live in the last days, it's very possible that we could actually see these wars play out in our lifetime, or in the near future.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Agreed. I think what will come first will be the pslam 83 war/Isaiah 17 and then Ezekiel 38 will soon follow. Israel is not living in peace nor have her walls not gone so this is why I think the pslam 83 war will take care of that.

Since we live in the last days, it's very possible that we could actually see these wars play out in our lifetime, or in the near future.

I tend to think those will happen after the rapture at some point. Especially Ezekiel 38/39 because God clearly destroys the invaders. That kind of overt miracle on a national scale fits His MO in the Old Testament more than it does during the Church age, (well, old testament/Revelation, which is not the Church age)

Neonap

I tend to think those will happen after the rapture at some point. Especially Ezekiel 38/39 because God clearly destroys the invaders. That kind of overt miracle on a national scale fits His MO in the Old Testament more than it does during the Church age, (well, old testament/Revelation, which is not the Church age)

True, Pslam 83, Isaiah 17, and Ezekiel 38 all deal with Israel which means that God will be fully focused on Israel instead of the church which will be gone. It's possible though we could see Isaiah 17 happen but all of these prophecies seem to all happen after the rapture before the Tribulation period.

It would be wild though if we were here to see one or all of these prophecies come to pass before our eyes. But I think the rapture happening first is much more better.

Lovin Jesus

While the OP's observations are worthy of noting,
what I'm curious about is what the outcome is going to be with the "energy source competition war" that is bound to be taken up between Israel and Russia in the near future. This has already caused some tensions between the them since the agreement was signed between Israel and some European nations which will sever their reliance on Russia for their gas energy dependency. Ouch! Israel is not a friend to Russia in this respect while Several European nations have already signed into the pipeline agreement with Israel's EastMed pipeline, Russia's Nordstream pipeline has been halted due to U.S sanctions which Biden now us considering lifting those sanctions, if he does it will allow Russia to proceed with the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. Tensions! Then there's Ukraine. who is Russia's border neighbor and dependent on Russia for it's energy source. Ukraine has an interest in Israel's energy source. That alone will infuriate Russia with Israel because Russia will no longer have leverage on Ukraine by losing its dependency on Russia for energy.
The links I provided explain the different details on how the energy pipelines sources are going to become an issue between Israel and Russia. I find this intriguing because of the verse in Ezekiel that goes like this

"I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.[d]” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages[e] will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’
Ezekiel 38:12-13

What's to say the plunder or spoil that "Gog" would be after couldn't be Israel's energy source? Their oil or gas energy source?

The following news articles are references to the EastMed Pipeline and how it's competition to Russia's Nord East Pipeline "could" be the catalyst to Russia invading Israel for the Gog of Magog war.

EU to cut gas dependency on Russia with Israel pipeline

Israel and several EU nations have pledged to move forward with a Mediterranean gas project, aiming to pump natural gas from Israel to Europe through the longest undersea pipeline ever built.
More:
https://www.dw.com/en/eu-to-cut-gas-dependency-on-russia-with-israel-pipeline/a-38269274

Israeli Gas to Italy Is New “Flavor of the Month” To Supply Europe From Offshore Gas Deposits in the East Med
February 3, 2021

Europe’s gas pipeline wars are in a muddle as the US throws its support to the EastMed project to supply Israeli gas to Italy, transiting Greece and Cyprus; while at the same time the US is sanctioning the Russian-German Nord Stream 2 pipeline, which is already 90% complete.

https://jpt.spe.org/israeli-gas-to-...pe-from-offshore-gas-deposits-in-the-east-med

US warns Nord Stream pipeline is 'Russian geopolitical project'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ream-pipeline-is-russian-geopolitical-project

MePlus6

I’d never thought about it that way but that makes complete sense.

Hidden

When God said He will "show His greatness and HIs holiness and make Himself known in the eyes of many nations" (Ezekiel 38:23), I think that's a hint of a dispensational change. You may be correct in that Ezekiel 38/39 occurs after we have been raptured away.