Ezekiel 38:19

Erin

When rereading Ezekiel again this morning, I noticed some of the details about when God's wrath "boils over". The earthquake, hailstones, fire and sulfur. Those are all things that occur with a Plinian volcanic eruption. I am not saying that God can't choose to do something else entirely, I just believe He can use natural phenomenon at His pleasure and to accomplish the things He wants.

cchomeschoolmom

I wonder what those who do not want to believe the bible will say when things happen exactly as prophesied. They tend to try to play games and claim certain books of the bible must have had multiple authors instead of predicting future events. When Those prophesies that have not yet been fulfilled come to pass how will they explain it? I am especially thinking of Ezekiel and Revelations.

lenraff

When rereading Ezekiel again this morning, I noticed some of the details about when God's wrath "boils over". The earthquake, hailstones, fire and sulfur. Those are all things that occur with a Plinian volcanic eruption. I am not saying that God can't choose to do something else entirely, I just believe He can use natural phenomenon at His pleasure and to accomplish the things He wants.
Just an interesting fact you just brought to my remembrance. The sulfur balls discovered at Sodom and Gomorrah were tested and found to be 78% pure. The purest sulfur found on earth is in the 40% range, found at the base of volcanoes. I'd say we are correct in believing our God can use anything to His accomplish proposes.

Kaatje

I wonder what those who do not want to believe the bible will say when things happen exactly as prophesied. They tend to try to play games and claim certain books of the bible must have had multiple authors instead of predicting future events. When Those prophesies that have not yet been fulfilled come to pass how will they explain it? I am especially thinking of Ezekiel and Revelations.
Amen. How are they gonna explain millions of people suddenly disappearing??
I get a feeling that not-believing will cease to be. It will become seeing and knowing.
When we are gone, it won’t be believing or not-believing anymore, but of obeying God or not.
The demons believe in God (because they KNOW Him), and they shudder. (James 2:19)

SonSeeker

I get a feeling that not-believing will cease to be. It will become seeing and knowing.
When we are gone, it won’t be believing or not-believing anymore, but of obeying God or not.
The demons believe in God (because they KNOW Him), and they shudder. (James 2:19)
Absolutely Kaatje! I believe there are many many folks who have heard everything said about the Rapture, but have not put their faith in Jesus. Those who adhere to the "seeing is believing" mantra. In the ensuing days, (after they've finished kicking themselves!), they'll hopefully grab a bible and read it as though their lives depended on it, because it does!
Sadly, this applies to a close relative of mine.:sad

Kaatje

Absolutely Kaatje! I believe there are many many folks who have heard everything said about the Rapture, but have not put their faith in Jesus. Those who adhere to the "seeing is believing" mantra. In the ensuing days, (after they've finished kicking themselves!), they'll hopefully grab a bible and read it as though their lives depended on it, because it does!
Sadly, this applies to a close relative of mine.:sad
To mine too, sadly.
I have written a letter for them, to find and read when I’m gone.
Tells them not to worry about me, but to BELIEVE, so they can come too.

RobinMc

I agree. I don't believe in mother nature, but in Father God.

Salluz

Just an interesting fact you just brought to my remembrance. The sulfur balls discovered at Sodom and Gomorrah were tested and found to be 78% pure. The purest sulfur found on earth is in the 40% range, found at the base of volcanoes. I'd say we are correct in believing our God can use anything to His accomplish proposes.
The fact that the sulfur is almost doubly pure compared to what is found naturally seems to indicate a miraculous rather than natural end to Sodom and Gomorrah. I think it will be the same during Ezekiel 38 as God leaves no room for doubt in his existence. I think it will be much like the plagues of Egypt where part of the goal was to demonstrate his power. People could rationalize a volcano erupting as an army attacks as simply coincidence, but if it rains fire and brimstone from nowhere, that would be impossible to rationalize. During the tribulation judgments people curse God for them, so it indicates they know he exists and are in open rebellion

Last edited:

Steve53

My thinking today is that the Gog War pursuant to Ezekiel 38 may also be the time of the rapture which I also think just may correspond to the 6th seal. (This latter part is not necessary, just what I’m thinking.)

If I am right in my thinking, then I believe this is the catalyst to cause the man of lawlessness to rise up and have answers the earth dwellers want to hear. In addition, this will be a good time to kiss some Israeli butt (seeing how their God just flexed his muscle) and get a peace treaty signed, sealed, and delivered.
The rapture will precede any seals being broken during Daniel's 70th week.

OnlyHim

When you know where the key is to the storehouses of the snow.... You can pretty much use either a snowstorm or your right hand to deliver it to its intended target.

“Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail, which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle?" (Job 38: 22-23)

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
maybe the 6th seal will also be opened BEFORE Daniels 70th week with the rapture to accompany its opening (I think he happens to believe the Gog War will release the rapture/resurrected Saints).

Interval......Then the beginning of Daniels week......and who knows how long before the trumpets are released. I know this line of thinking is not the majority position held by pre tribbers like us, but it’s now being discussed.
Respectfully, it can be discussed as much as others may like, but it's not in accordance with Scripture. The Rapture occurs BEFORE any seals are broken. That is as plain as day to all who actually believe God's Word as given to us. We indeed have had --and have now-- tribulation, as the Bible warns us. But it is NOT the Great Tribulation. THAT will only come after we are gone.

Andy C

Respectfully, it can be discussed as much as others may like, but it's not in accordance with Scripture. The Rapture occurs BEFORE any seals are broken. That is as plain as day to all who actually believe God's Word as given to us. We indeed have had --and have now-- tribulation, as the Bible warns us. But it is NOT the Great Tribulation. THAT will only come after we are gone.
Concur, the bible is very clear on this.

lenraff

I believe many Christians are confused about tribulation. We all have tribulations and some are persecuted for our faith, this is in keeping with scripture before the rapture.
Mat_13:21  Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. Here Jesus describes a person's walk and his/her tribulation and/or persecution. Imo

Mat_24:21  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. Here He is describing the great tribulation. The seals are 1/3 of the judgments to be poured upon earth dwellers, those left behind. This is literal scripture. There are no signs for the rapture and many signs during the Tribulation. Therefore if we were in the trib we would be able to set time, ie., Seven years to His return. Not opinion, scripture.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
My thinking today is that the Gog War pursuant to Ezekiel 38 may also be the time of the rapture which I also think just may correspond to the 6th seal. (This latter part is not necessary, just what I’m thinking.)

If I am right in my thinking, then I believe this is the catalyst to cause the man of lawlessness to rise up and have answers the earth dwellers want to hear. In addition, this will be a good time to kiss some Israeli butt (seeing how their God just flexed his muscle) and get a peace treaty signed, sealed, and delivered.
Per the rules you agreed to when you signed up:

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/board-rules-guidelines-for-posting.1/

[15] No promotion of Mid, Post Tribulation, Prewrath, Partial Rapture, Preterism, or Replacement theology. This board is traditional Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Pre 6 Seals, Pre 70th week, and Pre-Millennial Dispensational of End Times Prophecy. No posting alternative theories from other websites. We believe in a literal 7 year Tribulation period, after the instantaneous Rapture of all regenerated believers in unison, during which God finishes His discipline of Israel, protects Israel, and finalizes His judgments on the unbelieving world. Except for those who have taken the Mark of the Beast, salvation will remain open to people who trust Jesus for salvation up to the Second Coming.

Erin

I too held to this stance for a bit. But in the Bible the just are always taken before the unjust are dealt with. I prayed to God for clarification and understanding and true to His Word, He answered. It is a mystery but I believe the door that is opened in Revelation 4:1 is the rapture. If you compare the description of "the Voice", like a trumpet blast and He said to "come up here". Those are all refrence to the rapture made earlier in the different books of the Bible.