Eye hasn't seen...but God has revealed

Pat

WHAT mATTERS? – TRUTH REVEALED​

The common saying, “You can’t see the forest for the trees.” means that sometimes we are so close to a situation, or so familiar with details that we fail to see or understand the broad picture or scope of things. We become so used to seeing something or having a certain set viewpoint that we dismiss out of hand any contrary or new information that had not previously been considered.

This happened often in the scriptures. Very religious people rejected clear information and direction from God because it conflicted with accepted conclusions and traditions that they arrived at from human reasoning. Jesus told His twelve disciples no less than four different times the same information, yet they rejected what He said, and their understanding was blocked. Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.” Matthew 20:18-19 Even after He was crucified, buried, and risen from the dead, they did not believe. It wasn’t until He opened the eyes of their understanding, that they received Him as He really was: the risen Lord Jesus. They received in their hearts rather than their minds, and the Spirit of God revealed truth to them. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.” Luke 24:27

We too, are blind to spiritual matters, as familiar as they might be, until God gives us His understanding in our heart. I heard a spiritual admonition a while back that remained dormant in my mind until suddenly the Holy Spirit quickened it to my soul, and I responded enthusiastically. What made the difference between dormancy and lively action? The admonition had entered my mind the first time, which I rejected, and it remained dormant, not having life. The Holy Spirit then revealed the same truth via my spirit rather than my mind, which made it the living word and will of God.

What matters is that we have our ears and hearts exercised to discern between the voice of our Lord and the voice of the world’s wisdom. “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him, but God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 2:9-10