Explosions heard in Kyiv, Kharkiv as Putin announces military operation in Ukraine

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Explosions heard in Kyiv, Kharkiv as Putin announces military operation in Ukraine
Russian leader says move to protect Donbas aimed at ‘demilitarization’ and ‘denazification,’ warns foreign countries against interfering
By Agencies

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special military operation” to defend separatists in eastern Ukraine early Thursday. Unconfirmed reports described explosions in Ukraine’s capital Kyiv as well as second city Kharkiv and other areas shortly after Putin’s announcement. “I have made the decision of a military operation,” Putin said in a surprise statement on television shortly before 6 a.m. Moscow time. He added that Russia doesn’t have a goal to occupy Ukraine. Putin said the responsibility for bloodshed lies with the Ukrainian “regime.”

Putin described the move in Donbas as in response to Ukrainian threats, and said it was aimed at “demilitarization” and “denazification.” All Ukrainian servicemen who lay down arms will be able to safely leave the zone of combat.

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/putin-announces-special-military-operation-in-ukraine/

Channah

My heart goes out to all our troops who will have to go through another war. I pray for our troops in place in Poland right now. That's where most of the 82d AirBorne is at. Strange thing is that DEBKA has more up to date information than what the regular news is talking about.

I never knew how richly blessed Ukraine was as far as minerals, and the most arable land in Europe. That country is swimming in the most desired things the world wants.

GotGrace

Russian leader says move to protect Donbas aimed at ‘demilitarization’ and ‘denazification,’ warns foreign countries against interfering
By Agencies

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special military operation” to defend separatists in eastern Ukraine early Thursday. Unconfirmed reports described explosions in Ukraine’s capital Kyiv as well as second city Kharkiv and other areas shortly after Putin’s announcement. “I have made the decision of a military operation,” Putin said in a surprise statement on television shortly before 6 a.m. Moscow time. He added that Russia doesn’t have a goal to occupy Ukraine. Putin said the responsibility for bloodshed lies with the Ukrainian “regime.”

Putin described the move in Donbas as in response to Ukrainian threats, and said it was aimed at “demilitarization” and “denazification.” All Ukrainian servicemen who lay down arms will be able to safely leave the zone of combat.

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/putin-announces-special-military-operation-in-ukraine/
I really hate this for the people and troops. What a terrible thing.

MapleLeaf

I was WRONG. I was sure this was just another false emergency by Biden to hide his failures. Pray for peace!
I had been skeptical as well. I still don't see a major war coming from this though. Ukraine will be left to the mercy of Putin and Eastern Europe will have to accept they will likely be under Neo-Soviet rule again at some point. It's a slow roll. The Taiwan thing scares me more because our computer chips are made there and the strategic value of the South China Sea. And doesn't the US have some obligation to Japan because they had to scale back their own army dramatically after WW2?

I wonder if North America will be allowed to become energy independent again. Canada has been buying oil from Russia as well.

White Squirrel

Putin has a bigger plan than Ukraine
I am guessing this is just step one of whatever he is doing
Prayers for those in Ukraine
Welp, he is certainly looking very "Gogesque"...
That said, I never in my most paranoid dreams could see a war here in 21st century. My grandparents who lived through WWII died two years ago and I am quite glad they aren't here to witness that madness all over. But maybe, maybe just like the coronavirus, this will open the eyes of unbelieving world-bound people to seek something beyond their everyday luxuries.

It is very eerie to wake up to a war raging right next to your borders (Slovakia).
At the same time, it is as if you could almost feel God's anger and compassion for his children in Ukraine. There are many believers, and God's throne is now flooded with their (and our) prayers.

Just a side note... How is it possible that even THIS was predicted by the Simpsons? :0_O There is a short 36 second video from the episode, it is called The Simpsons - Return of the Soviet Union. Humor can lighten up even the direst situations...

JamesSuth

Really sadly, this looks and feels a lot like the early days of WWII. I don't doubt there will be large scale war but I pray that it will be held back until after the rapture :pray . This is a really good blog post about what is going on. I also feel we should pray for people in the Ukraine, for their safety.

Here in the UK all political parties have condemned the invasion. Although, the position of the Scottish separatists (SNP) is an interesting one. They are saying all the right things, but many are questioning their true position. Why are they against the eastern Ukraine separatists, yet in favour of their own separatist agenda? And their former leader (Alex Salmond, who led the 2014 push for independence and was First Minister) has been a host of a Russia Today tv show for years. Suddenly the separatists of Europe don't look so attractive. This is a good blog on the situation.

MapleLeaf

Welp, he is certainly looking very "Gogesque"...
That said, I never in my most paranoid dreams could see a war here in 21st century. My grandparents who lived through WWII died two years ago and I am quite glad they aren't here to witness that madness all over. But maybe, maybe just like the coronavirus, this will open the eyes of unbelieving world-bound people to seek something beyond their everyday luxuries.

It is very eerie to wake up to a war raging right next to your borders (Slovakia).
At the same time, it is as if you could almost feel God's anger and compassion for his children in Ukraine. There are many believers, and God's throne is now flooded with their (and our) prayers.

Just a side note... How is it possible that even THIS was predicted by the Simpsons? :0_O There is a short 36 second video from the episode, it is called The Simpsons - Return of the Soviet Union. Humor can lighten up even the direst situations...
Haha! Yeah. Not sure how they keep predicting things other than they have their finger on the pulse of human absurdity. My grandmother often said she thought communism would rise again in Russia because communism made them lazy and they wouldn't want to have to work anymore.

I still think western leaders are too weak to do anything real. And they really did spend too long bashing and hating the segment of the population most likely to join the army. I bet they are sure glad they kicked out all the unpoked too. It's going to be a lot of pseudo-patriotic bloviating and tweeting and maybe getting some of their troops to remove their nail polish and run around the base a couple of times for the camera and that's it.

Trudeau just proved he can't even successfully power grab in his own country so I bet Putin is shaking in his boots at him. Also, Trudeau now lost all goodwill in Canada and I can't see anybody going along with him on anything right now. "Yeah, sure. We'll totally die for you, Sock Boy".