Ex-Muslim here

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Hi there Deovincice82, how are you? Yes, we are certainly seeing some amazing things happening in our world today in regards to biblical prophecy. :nod

There is a comfort in this in that God in His grace has let us know what is going to happen. Partly to help the church understand what is happening (and be of comfort) and partly to show unbelievers the truth of His Word, with the intentions to bring many to salvation through repentance (change of mind) and placing one's faith in Jesus Christ.

May I ask Deovincice82, have you done this yet? :)

And, may I ask how in particular you feel overwhelmed.

Welcome to R.F., it's good to have you. There's lots of great, kind people who can certainly be of assistance and also support to you (even prayer support as well, I will be :pray ing for God's help for you right now). :)

:pray

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I disagree as to the meaning of repentance. I am a Calvinist personally but like John MacArthur I believe in the pre-trib rapture. I am indeed a Christian by the grace of God.
Welcome to the forum. :wave

As for Calvinism, we can't tell you what to believe, but just know that Calvinism is not allowed on the forums so please post accordingly to the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Thank you and we look forward to your posts.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Well, I disagree as to the meaning of repentance.
Well, I appreciate what the bible says about repentance. :) A beautiful example and beginning of the salvation work of Christ, of one who did repent. And the example of the other who didn't:

One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!”

But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Luke 23:39-43

Because this came up I thought for the sake of readers this may be helpful:

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/whats-hebrew-for-repent/

Q
What is the word in Hebrew for repent?
A
According to Strong’s Concordance, the English word repent appears 21 times in the Old Testament. These come from two different Hebrew words. The one used most often is Nacham, which means to regret. The other is shuwb which means to turn or return.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/repentance-and-salvation-2/

Q
Can you explain what repentance means and how it plays into our salvation? Do we repent before, during, or after the moment of our salvation?
A
First, let’s clear up the misunderstanding about the meaning of repentance. The Greek word translated “repent”in the Bible is “metanoeo”. It means to change our mind about something. It’s a combination of “meta” (after) and “noeo” (to perceive or understand). It’s like saying, “I used to believe one way, but that was before I understood. Now that I understand I believe a different way. I have repented.”
Before we can be saved we have to change our mind (repent) about two things. One is to admit that we’re sinners who would be hopelessly lost without a Savior, and the other is to believe that God sent His Son to pay the penalty due us for our sins so He could be our Savior. Therefore repentance comes before salvation, and that’s why we say, “Repent and be saved.”
Some people have the mistaken belief that to repent means to change our behavior. But if that was the case the phrase “repent and be saved” would mean we’d all have to stop sinning before we could be saved. It doesn’t make sense.
Many believers do experience a change in their behavior after they’re saved, But when that happens it’s not called repentance, It’s called the regeneration of the Holy Spirit.