Ex-IDF chief: If not for Israeli action, Iran would have had nukes 7-10 years ago

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ex-IDF chief: If not for Israeli action, Iran would have had nukes 7-10 years ago
‘Israel carries out diverse operations, most of which are covert, to prevent Iran from attaining nuclear capabilities,’ Gadi Eisenkot says
By TOI staff
1 June 2022

Iran would have obtained nuclear weapons years ago if not for undercover Israeli operations against the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program, the former head of the Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday. “Israel carries out diverse operations, most of which are covert, to prevent Iran from attaining nuclear capabilities,” Gadi Eisenkot declared during a security conference held at Netanya Academic College.

“Without these actions I believe Iran would have already become a nuclear state some 7-10 years ago.” The former military chief also said Israel may need more than military might to address future security challenges, citing the situation in Ukraine as an example. “When I examine the strategic balance, I see a cup half full and a cup half empty,” he said, explaining that on the one hand, Israel has built “an impressive and massive security force” that provides Israel with a good reason to be confident.

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/ex-id...ion-iran-would-have-had-nukes-7-10-years-ago/