Europa: Warning

Footsteps

NASA and Elon Musk want to visit Europa, a moon of Jupiter.
Sci-fi trivia: Who wrote "All These Worlds are yours except Europa. Attempt no Landing There. Use them together. Use them in Peace"? And what cult replicates the basic theme of this author and another sci-fi author?

Jonathan

NASA and Elon Musk want to visit Europa, a moon of Jupiter.
Sci-fi trivia: Who wrote "All These Worlds are yours except Europa. Attempt no Landing There. Use them together. Use them in Peace"? And what cult replicates the basic theme of this author and another sci-fi author?
Arthur C Clarke in the movie 2010 for the first half of the quote, a great but underrated film. Much different stylistically than Kubrick's 2001. If you haven't seen 2001, watch it before watching 2010.

As far as the the second part of the quote, I don't know. I could google it, but that would ruin the fun. I also have no idea about the cult.

Footsteps

The entire quote was printed in huge letters of light in our solar system, the message aimed at Earth. The "beings from beyond" were using Europa to replicate the monolith experiment on Earth that was triggered when man uncovered its twin on our moon.
L. Ron Hubbard, who wrote Dianetics, launched Scientology, which believes humanity was "seeded" in the same manner, and our Overlords will return when we are ready. Mormonism believes in a planet called Kolob where "God" lives. "God" is an exalted man who had sex with Mary to produce Jesus, who is equal, in their divine board of directors, to Satan. No, the young Mormons who knock on your door either don't know these secrets, and wouldn't admit it if they did.

Footsteps

Dave Bowman or Arthur Clarke?
Yes, Arthur C. Clarke wrote 2001 - A Space Odyssey and the book would have to be read first to fully understand the movie.
David Bowman was the astronaut (played by Keir Dullea).
2010 Odyssey II was the sequel in which the Europa message appeared.
Footsteps message 2021:
"Hey nutjobs: Don't even waste your money going back to your own moon. Establish peace on your own planet. The other planets are already at peace because YOU ARE NOT LIVING ON THEM! Turn your swords into plowshares, and your rockets into grain silos. SHUT UP!"