Eternity

Mama Bug

I’m hoping for my beloved grilled cheese sandwiches as much as you’re hoping for burgers... :lol

The dill pickle chips...now that’s something we can agree on...:smile2
I’m hoping my dad has access to a stove and a pan in Heaven because the first thing I’m going to want to eat is one of his grilled cheese sandwiches. He’s been gone 20 years this May.

Mary Cole

My favorite pastime as a child was "exploring". My little brother and I would take long hikes into unfamiliar wooded areas and explore every inch, and we always found our way back home. We even discovered underground tunnels large enough to stand up in. We were later informed that those tunnels were part of the underground railroad. As we got older, we added secluded fishing holes to our exploration. To this day, my most favorite places to be is outdoors hiking or fishing as I take in the glory of God's beauty of nature. When I get to Heaven, I truly hope there will be plenty of places to hike, fish and explore.

JamesSuth

My favorite pastime as a child was "exploring". My little brother and I would take long hikes into unfamiliar wooded areas and explore every inch, and we always found our way back home. We even discovered underground tunnels large enough to stand up in. We were later informed that those tunnels were part of the underground railroad. As we got older, we added secluded fishing holes to our exploration. To this day, my most favorite places to be is outdoors hiking or fishing as I take in the glory of God's beauty of nature. When I get to Heaven, I truly hope there will be plenty of places to hike, fish and explore.

Mary, I hope I can join you for one of those :)! I love exploring in the woods, and I'm sure there will be amazing forests in Heaven. There was a natural (not planted) woodland near where I lived as a child and I was amazed by the variety. There were countless different areas some by streams, little valleys, flatter areas and of course the vegetation and trees kept changing. On a warm day it is amazing.

Lovin Jesus

I rebuke all ye who calleth anchovies sin!

Re the Cheeseyburgers...

(At some indeterminate time in the future, perhaps today, we see the Holy One of Israel sitting high upon His throne in Heaven)

Michael! Gabriel! Come over here.

Yes Sir!

Tomorrow, I AM sending My Son to fetch home His Bride. That Timbers fellow is coming. I want you two to take Ezekiel's chariot out, fly down to the Earth and bring back 7000 sides of beef. If you are spotted, remember to turn on the cloaking device this time.

Yes Sir!

(And they were off with a purpose, in a flash)

:ufocow
But, but if they come down to earth for beef there won’t be any to be found, Sir.

Iowa GOP Congresswoman: Bill Gates’ Push to Eliminate Beef Would ‘Utterly Destroy’ U.S. Livestock Industry​

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...would-utterly-destroy-u-s-livestock-industry/

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
When my eldest grandson was two we laid on my bed talking about life in heaven and he listed his desires for his “pets”. One was a dinosaur, another was A Shark
That’s so sweet! :inlove

I always ask the Lord to allow me to keep my precious cats and dogs, which I’ve had over the years, as my beloved companions for eternity... :inlove

Lovin Jesus

I always ask the Lord to allow me to keep my precious cats and dogs, which I’ve had over the years, as my beloved companions for eternity... :inlove
I’ve had three precious pets (actually family) in my adult life, all of them Fawn Boxers. The first I got as a puppy, Junior was his name, he lived two years then got some kind of kidney problems and died in my arms. Not long after I got a new puppy another Boxer I named him Duke because he was royalty to me, but my granddaughters Pit killed him and it was hard watching him go. Two weeks of grieving had my son in law run out and buy me another Boxer same color and markings. He was so pretty I had to give him a masculine name, Macho. Spanish name for masculine. Macho. Got him at Two months old and I fell in love. I had to leave him with my daughter. My roommate said I could bring him here but she’s afraid her big shepherds will kill him, they’re very territorial and aggressive with other dogs, sometimes even with each other. So to end my story, I too would like to have my loves with me in heaven. Your dream of eternity sounds beautiful.

Last edited:

Andy C

I know we all long to see our furry family members again, but scripture is not clear.

Again, a quote from Jack

“While there is mention of animals on Earth during the Millennium, the Bible offers no indication of animals living forever in heaven. But what little we do know about Heaven leads us to believe that when we get there, we’ll find that it contains everything necessary for our happiness, and we’ll suffer no sense of loss or regret.

Speaking of our life during this age, Isaiah 65:17 says, “The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.” This has been interpreted as referring to any guilt or disappointment we feel concerning our failure to bring family or loved ones to a saving faith during their lifetimes, but it could also pertain to the memory of our pets.

So that leaves us with two possibilities. Either our pets will join us to ensure our total happiness or every memory of them will be gone to insure that we feel no sense of loss. Either way our joy will not be diminished.”

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/pets-in-heaven/

Lovin Jesus

You know the possibility is always there that we may not have our beloved pets with us in heaven but there’s much to consider too. First we know that Gods faithful in all things and here’s what is said about him

You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
Psalm 145:16

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ..
Revelation 21:1-27

I love this article by Pastor Greg Laurie
When Heaven and Earth Become One
My friend Randy Alcorn, in his book Heaven writes, "We won't go to Heaven and leave Earth behind. Rather, God will bring Heaven and Earth together into the same dimension, with no wall of separation, no armed angels to guard Heaven's perfection from sinful mankind."

God is not going to abandon His creation; He's going to restore it! Have you ever seen a perfectly restored classic car? (Guys especially see this as a thing of beauty.) Well, God is into restoration too—restoration of lives, bodies, and even our planet!

God's perfect plan is to "bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ" (Ephesians 1:10 NIV).

Jesus will make earth into heaven and heaven into earth. Just as the wall that separates God and mankind is torn down in Jesus, so too the wall that separates heaven and earth will forever be demolished.
https://www.christianpost.com/news/when-heaven-and-earth-become-one.html

Lovin Jesus

Umbrella Girl

Interestingly you say this and today I look over the threads for new posts and see this from yesterday’s posts.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/will-our-pets-be-raptured-with-us.176032/
I won’t allow myself to read that article, as most people take a negative stance regarding this common concern for those with animals.

My animals have basically become the children I was never able to have, and I’m deeply attached to them.

Although His Word is silent about it, I choose to believe that in His great understanding, compassion, and mercy, He could very well grant my most heartfelt desire to have these beloved companions with me for eternity...

Yes, I could be incorrect about it. But no harm is done by my choosing to take a positive stance.

I have had people ridicule me about it, and seem to enjoy arguing with me over it, so I don’t even go there anymore with anyone. It’s very upsetting for me...and very unChristlike behavior from them...

Lovin Jesus

I won’t allow myself to read that article, as most people take a negative stance regarding this common concern for those with animals.

My animals have basically become the children I was never able to have, and I’m deeply attached to them.

Although His Word is silent about it, I choose to believe that in His great understanding, compassion, and mercy, He could very well grant my most heartfelt desire to have these beloved companions with me for eternity...

Yes, I could be incorrect about it. But no harm is done by my choosing to take a positive stance.

I have had people ridicule me about it, and seem to enjoy arguing with me over it, so I don’t even go there anymore with anyone. It’s very upsetting for me...and very unChristlike behavior from them...
I certainly understand. My animals have been my babies. My children. I took care of them with great care and worried about them when the weather wasn’t good worried when they got sick, kissed them goodnight. Yeah me too. No one should argue a positive desire or a possibility that God can do. I think it’s ok to Imagine and dream good things. No need to sink our hearts over it when it isn’t wrong or offensive to our Creator. Sometimes it’s better to just be silent when people are arguing against a good thing. Ijust know I hope I won’t be playing a harp all day in heaven lol.

Mama Bug

I certainly understand. My animals have been my babies. My children. I took care of them with great care and worried about them when the weather wasn’t good worried when they got sick, kissed them goodnight. Yeah me too. No one should argue a positive desire or a possibility that God can do. I think it’s ok to Imagine and dream good things. No need to sink our hearts over it when it isn’t wrong or offensive to our Creator. Sometimes it’s better to just be silent when people are arguing against a good thing. Ijust know I hope I won’t be playing a harp all day in heaven lol.
I too hope that all of my pets will be in Heaven with me. Maybe my dad and grandparents are taking care of the ones that have died for me until I get there. I also hope that my kids will continue to follow Jesus and my husband will come to know Him so that they can be with me too. I want to introduce them to my grandpa. I’ve always felt like my husband and grandfather would get along well. I don’t know why. But anyway, I also agree about the harps. I can’t play it. Hopefully my husband will have a guitar there, my uncle will have a piano, and my dad, uncle, and whoever else can all get together and sing with the music.

Lovin Jesus

I too hope that all of my pets will be in Heaven with me. Maybe my dad and grandparents are taking care of the ones that have died for me until I get there. I also hope that my kids will continue to follow Jesus and my husband will come to know Him so that they can be with me too. I want to introduce them to my grandpa. I’ve always felt like my husband and grandfather would get along well. I don’t know why. But anyway, I also agree about the harps. I can’t play it. Hopefully my husband will have a guitar there, my uncle will have a piano, and my dad, uncle, and whoever else can all get together and sing with the music.
Again I need to go back to
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--
1 Corinthians 2:9

We don’t know what it will be like. What little description the Bible gives us of heaven is described in terms we can understand as humans, just like angels used human bodies to appear before humans otherwise if they appeared like a strange ugly looking alien it wouldn’t have appealed to us. The stones gems and streets of gold in the Bible to describe heaven may not even be those exact things because they are things from the earth. But God uses earthly things to help us get an idea of the beauty of heaven except it’s far better and because we can’t imagine unflawed things with our flawed minds it’s not possible to picture heaven thus again back to 1 Corinthians 2:9

Umbrella Girl

Thank you for your compassionate response...:inlove

I wound up “going there” and responding anyway, which I’ll probably regret... :lol