Eternal Tithes

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Just a little fun speculation.

I'm reading Ezekiel right now, and came across this description of priests during (and after?) the millennium:

“‘I am to be the only inheritance the priests have. You are to give them no possession in Israel; I will be their possession. 29 They will eat the grain offerings, the sin offerings and the guilt offerings; and everything in Israel devoted[b] to the Lord will belong to them. 30 The best of all the firstfruits and of all your special gifts will belong to the priests. You are to give them the first portion of your ground meal so that a blessing may rest on your household.

So they will have the first and best of everything in Israel. Then I got to thinking, as I am wont to do....

We are told in Rev. 21 about the New Jerusalem

24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.

So out of this I was thinking maybe the priests of Israel will get the first fruits and sacrifices and the quadannual tithes (it is every four years that they donated tithes, right? The other years were for the feast of tabernacles?) of Israel, and the Church will get the equivalent from all of the rest of the world. A sun/Son tax for giving the world light? I just wonder how it gets to the New Jerusalem up in the sky. Fiery chariot/barge?

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
I didn't think there would be sacrifices in the New Earth, after the end of the Millennial Kingdom, because there is no more death...?

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I didn't think there would be sacrifices in the New Earth, after the end of the Millennial Kingdom, because there is no more death...?

This is quickly going to turn into a discussion on when the New Jerusalem descends from heaven (ie, "is it the start or end of the millennium").

You can disregard the portion about recieving sacrifices if you think the NJ comes after the millennium. I'm not even sure if gentile nations will do sacrifices during the MK, given that they're to be done in the temple.

My main idea was always about the tithes: whether we will get the nations' tithes every time it is time to donate them. We are told the glory of nations will be brought in, so I just connected it to the priests getting the best portions

ByGod'sGrace

This is quickly going to turn into a discussion on when the New Jerusalem descends from heaven (ie, "is it the start or end of the millennium").

You can disregard the portion about recieving sacrifices if you think the NJ comes after the millennium. I'm not even sure if gentile nations will do sacrifices during the MK, given that they're to be done in the temple.

My main idea was always about the tithes: whether we will get the nations' tithes every time it is time to donate them. We are told the glory of nations will be brought in, so I just connected it to the priests getting the best portions
It is very interesting, because the glory of the nations could be anything...right? Could it be a symphony, or a painting, or something beautiful that people made together? Eternity is a long time to make beautiful things for the Lord. I get excited thinking about it!! If Adam named all the animals, he had a perfect brain with limitless potential and then sin entered the world. Warning...bad joke ahead....I blame sin for being bad at math.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
.I blame sin for being bad at math.

I honestly don't even see this as a joke! This is all speculation on my part, but I really think even the most mathematically ungifted glorified individual will be better at math than the best sinful mathematician. Our sin holds us back.

Even if only our lifespans changed and not our potential--which I don't actually think will be the case--I imagine anyone could learn all the intricacies of calculus after a few thousand years of practice. Given that we have forever, that would be like saying "take a few seconds to learn calculus" now

ByGod'sGrace

I cannot wait to be good at math!! :) I really enjoy reading your posts.
I honestly don't even see this as a joke! This is all speculation on my part, but I really think even the most mathematically ungifted glorified individual will be better at math than the best sinful mathematician. Our sin holds us back.

Even if only our lifespans changed and not our potential--which I don't actually think will be the case--I imagine anyone could learn all the intricacies of calculus after a few thousand years of practice. Given that we have forever, that would be like saying "take a few seconds to learn calculus" now

Batfan7

That's a really interesting idea! And seems to have some validity. Maybe a lot of validity. And probably is part of what motivated the mortals to rebel at the end of the Millennium. Can't you just picture the resentment that starts to build up in the sinful hearts of the people ("All the best of everything goes to THEM. We deserve it!")
So maybe Israel gets a tithe if all the nation's, or maybe the Resurrected Church gets it (both are called priests in scripture, do could be either or both), but I bet this is one of Jesus kingly decrees and the nation's will have to do it, even if it's begrudgingly.

Back