Estonia and Finland integrate coastal missile systems and increase NATO activity which is worrying Russia

athenasius

Here is the Estonian news source that broke the news. It is not being carried much in the West but it should be. From Russia's point of view this is a NATO declaration of war.

The Gulf of Finland is a small gulf off the Baltic Sea between Estonia and Finland. The top of the Gulf is Russia-- St Petersburg with it's naval port.

https://news.err.ee/1608683440/minister-estonia-finland-to-integrate-coastal-missile-defense-systems

the article says this, and I've bolded the bits of interest.

"Finland and Estonia will integrate their coastal missile defense which would allow the countries to close the Gulf of Finland to Russian warships if necessary, Minister of Defense Hanno Pevkur (Reform) told Finnish newspaper Iltalehti.

"We need to integrate our coastal defenses. The flight range of Estonian and Finnish missiles is greater than the width of the Gulf of Finland. This means that we can connect our missile defenses and share all our information with each other," Pevkur (Reform) said in an interview during a working visit to Finland.

Estonia will buy Israeli Blue Spear land-to-sea missiles this autumn, which have a range of 290 kilometers. Finland's MTO 85M missiles have a range of over 100 kilometers.

At the Gulf of Finland's narrowest point, there are 45 kilometers of sea between the two countries and 120km at its widest.

Pevkur said the integration of missile defense systems will make it possible to close the Gulf of Finland to Russian warships.

"The Baltic Sea will be NATO's internal sea when Finland and Sweden have joined NATO. Compared with what it is today, the situation is changing," he said.

The minister also discussed securing airspace. It has been agreed upon by NATO that the Allies will secure the whole Baltic Sea region.

"For me, this is one airspace. Everyone must understand that Norway, Finland, the Baltics and other countries form NATO's eastern flank. We are not only protecting Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania or other eastern NATO countries. When we talk about NATO, the most important thing is Article 5: one for all and all for one," he said

"Finnish airspace cannot be protected if Estonian airspace is not protected at the same time, and vice versa. Fighter jets cross the 80-kilometer-wide Gulf of Finland in minutes."

Iltaleht asked if the Americans will send F-35 fighter jets to Estonia and Pevkur said the discussions about the size of the U.S.'s presence is currently being discussed.

The Estonian and Finnish defense ministers met earlier this week in Helsinki.
"

I got this article from the Express: https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...ia-finland-baltic-sea-gulf-of-finland-ukraine which I will excerpt small amounts with bolding added. Of note are the maps which show the strategic importance of the gulf of Finland.

"Both the Baltic and the Gulf of Finland are highly important for Russians symbolically and strategically significant for Russians and are regarded as being firmly within the superpower’s territory.

Russia’s Baltic Sea Fleet is inaccessible via sea from its naval headquarters in St Petersburg without access to the Gulf, meaning it could only do so from Kaliningrad, Russia’s tiny outpost sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania
"

"Most military analysts see the Baltic and the Gulf of Finland as a huge potential flashpoint between Russia and the West, with both NATO and the US holding frequent naval drills there"

"Russia’s Baltic Sea Fleet is mostly based in Kaliningrad, but its Navy has its headquarters Admiralty in St Petersburg."

Why Kaliningrad is important right now, is because another Baltic nation Lithuania plus Poland surround it. There is no direct link of land between it and Russia. It is the only other port and the Baltic sea Fleet is based there.

Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia became NATO members in 2004. Poland has been part of NATO since 1999. Sweden and Finland are in the process of being admitted to NATO with Turkey holding up the process.

Once that happens, Russia's western fleet is surrounded. Getting back to Lithuania, they blocked Russian rail traffic thru their territory in July of '22. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/lithuania-expands-restrictions-kaliningrad-trade-2022-07-11/ which upset Russia. and within 2 days lifted the block https://www.reuters.com/world/lithu...d-russian-goods-trade-kaliningrad-2022-07-13/

Russian Naval access to the west is becoming very limited. It's a choke point. Now BOTH access points are vulnerable to NATO.

Western media seems to be ignoring this but it's important news. It's not helping Putin keep his cool that's for sure. The Russian and Chinese media that I looked at are screaming about NATO plots so their own point of view on this is unlikely to be calm.

Why this seems important to me is in relation to the developing armed alliance of NATO in Western Europe and Russia plus it's allies growing closer together. Western Europe is always something to watch as it's a strong contender for the Revived Roman Empire, while Russia, Iran and Turkey are the major players of Ezekiel 38 & 39.

Turkey is assisting Russia in blocking the entrance of Finland to NATO.

Finland hasn't said much that I could dig up on this. Probably trying to avoid trouble.

athenasius

In response this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...igate-armed-hypersonic-missiles-sails-US.html

Putin's prize ship with his new best weapon changed course for America essentially. This is in response to the above I suspect.

also note this article
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...nsion-ukraine-chief-general-staff-2023-01-24/

"Jan 23 (Reuters) - Russia's new military reforms respond to possible NATO expansion and the use of Kyiv by the "collective West" to wage a hybrid war against Russia, the newly appointed general in charge of Russia's military operations in Ukraine said."

The General in question is the very Gerasimov who designed the assymetric warfare doctrine of Russia back around 08 or so. He was the one who planned for a hybrid war against the west. Ironic.

"Under Moscow's new military plan, an army corps will be added to Karelia in Russia's north, which borders with Finland."

which explains why Finland might be getting twitchy and forming the alliance with Estonia to block the neighbourhood bully from launching more ships.

"Gerasimov added that modern Russia has never seen such "intensity of military hostilities", forcing it to carry out offensive operations to stabilise the situation.

"Our country and its armed forces are today acting against the entire collective West," Gerasimov said.

In the 11 months since invading Ukraine, Russia has been shifting its rhetoric on the war from an operation to "denazify" and "demilitarise" its neighbour to increasingly casting it as defence from an aggressive West.
"

Gerasimov is speaking for Putin and the Russian leadership here. They see the NATO response to their invasion of Ukraine as an increasingly aggressive West that they must "CARRY OUT OFFENSIVE OPERATIONS" against!

Last edited:

soundingthealarm

Here is the Estonian news source that broke the news. It is not being carried much in the West but it should be. From Russia's point of view this is a NATO declaration of war.

The Gulf of Finland is a small gulf off the Baltic Sea between Estonia and Finland. The top of the Gulf is Russia-- St Petersburg with it's naval port.

https://news.err.ee/1608683440/minister-estonia-finland-to-integrate-coastal-missile-defense-systems

the article says this, and I've bolded the bits of interest.

"Finland and Estonia will integrate their coastal missile defense which would allow the countries to close the Gulf of Finland to Russian warships if necessary, Minister of Defense Hanno Pevkur (Reform) told Finnish newspaper Iltalehti.

"We need to integrate our coastal defenses. The flight range of Estonian and Finnish missiles is greater than the width of the Gulf of Finland. This means that we can connect our missile defenses and share all our information with each other," Pevkur (Reform) said in an interview during a working visit to Finland.

Estonia will buy Israeli Blue Spear land-to-sea missiles this autumn, which have a range of 290 kilometers. Finland's MTO 85M missiles have a range of over 100 kilometers.

At the Gulf of Finland's narrowest point, there are 45 kilometers of sea between the two countries and 120km at its widest.

Pevkur said the integration of missile defense systems will make it possible to close the Gulf of Finland to Russian warships.

"The Baltic Sea will be NATO's internal sea when Finland and Sweden have joined NATO. Compared with what it is today, the situation is changing," he said.

The minister also discussed securing airspace. It has been agreed upon by NATO that the Allies will secure the whole Baltic Sea region.

"For me, this is one airspace. Everyone must understand that Norway, Finland, the Baltics and other countries form NATO's eastern flank. We are not only protecting Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania or other eastern NATO countries. When we talk about NATO, the most important thing is Article 5: one for all and all for one," he said

"Finnish airspace cannot be protected if Estonian airspace is not protected at the same time, and vice versa. Fighter jets cross the 80-kilometer-wide Gulf of Finland in minutes."

Iltaleht asked if the Americans will send F-35 fighter jets to Estonia and Pevkur said the discussions about the size of the U.S.'s presence is currently being discussed.

The Estonian and Finnish defense ministers met earlier this week in Helsinki.
"

I got this article from the Express: https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...ia-finland-baltic-sea-gulf-of-finland-ukraine which I will excerpt small amounts with bolding added. Of note are the maps which show the strategic importance of the gulf of Finland.

"Both the Baltic and the Gulf of Finland are highly important for Russians symbolically and strategically significant for Russians and are regarded as being firmly within the superpower’s territory.

Russia’s Baltic Sea Fleet is inaccessible via sea from its naval headquarters in St Petersburg without access to the Gulf, meaning it could only do so from Kaliningrad, Russia’s tiny outpost sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania
"

"Most military analysts see the Baltic and the Gulf of Finland as a huge potential flashpoint between Russia and the West, with both NATO and the US holding frequent naval drills there"

"Russia’s Baltic Sea Fleet is mostly based in Kaliningrad, but its Navy has its headquarters Admiralty in St Petersburg."

Why Kaliningrad is important right now, is because another Baltic nation Lithuania plus Poland surround it. There is no direct link of land between it and Russia. It is the only other port and the Baltic sea Fleet is based there.

Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia became NATO members in 2004. Poland has been part of NATO since 1999. Sweden and Finland are in the process of being admitted to NATO with Turkey holding up the process.

Once that happens, Russia's western fleet is surrounded. Getting back to Lithuania, they blocked Russian rail traffic thru their territory in July of '22. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/lithuania-expands-restrictions-kaliningrad-trade-2022-07-11/ which upset Russia. and within 2 days lifted the block https://www.reuters.com/world/lithu...d-russian-goods-trade-kaliningrad-2022-07-13/

Russian Naval access to the west is becoming very limited. It's a choke point. Now BOTH access points are vulnerable to NATO.

Western media seems to be ignoring this but it's important news. It's not helping Putin keep his cool that's for sure. The Russian and Chinese media that I looked at are screaming about NATO plots so their own point of view on this is unlikely to be calm.

Why this seems important to me is in relation to the developing armed alliance of NATO in Western Europe and Russia plus it's allies growing closer together. Western Europe is always something to watch as it's a strong contender for the Revived Roman Empire, while Russia, Iran and Turkey are the major players of Ezekiel 38 & 39.

Turkey is assisting Russia in blocking the entrance of Finland to NATO.

Finland hasn't said much that I could dig up on this. Probably trying to avoid trouble.
Thanks for sharing this insight…I specifically signed in this evening to see what was being posted about Russia-Putin and so glad to see your posts.

poking an already angry bear would only serve to insure an imminent escalation of conflict …so thankful God’s Word shows the direction it’s heading but still unnerving knowing none of the powers that be have any regard for human life.

Watching and praying! thanks again for all you share

athenasius

Thanks for sharing this insight…I specifically signed in this evening to see what was being posted about Russia-Putin and so glad to see your posts.

poking an already angry bear would only serve to insure an imminent escalation of conflict …so thankful God’s Word shows the direction it’s heading but still unnerving knowing none of the powers that be have any regard for human life.

Watching and praying! thanks again for all you share
Yes I think whether on purpose or inadvertently, the West and NATO are actually doing everything to alarm Putin and start a bigger war..

Gasoline on flames. I noticed Biden's gaffe's in Poland in the start of the conflict seemed designed to inflame Putin further. Over the year it's been multiple times that NATO has acted to confirm Putin's paranoia.

I think it's on purpose but the ultimate cause of that is probably the same puppet master that controls Klaus Schwab, Soros, and Davos devotees around the world.

The RESTRAINER is still restraining this from busting loose.

Jaybird

Yes I think whether on purpose or inadvertently, the West and NATO are actually doing everything to alarm Putin and start a bigger war..

Gasoline on flames. I noticed Biden's gaffe's in Poland in the start of the conflict seemed designed to inflame Putin further. Over the year it's been multiple times that NATO has acted to confirm Putin's paranoia.

I think it's on purpose but the ultimate cause of that is probably the same puppet master that controls Klaus Schwab, Soros, and Davos devotees around the world.

The RESTRAINER is still restraining this from busting loose.
Without a doubt they have been doing everything they can to antagonize Putin short of actually bombing Russia. Putin is a nationalist and the Globalists don't like this guy who won't play along with them and their desire to dominate the world.

athenasius

Without a doubt they have been doing everything they can to antagonize Putin short of actually bombing Russia. Putin is a nationalist and the Globalists don't like this guy who won't play along with them and their desire to dominate the world.
That is exactly what I think is happening. War might do what the Chinese plague didn't manage or the economic implosion that didn't destroy the economy.

Because what they think they want is an excuse to start over without paying the debts.

But it's really to jumpstart Babel 2.0 under the inspiration of Satan's hordes.

They keep trying because The Restrainer keeps restraining.

Till He is taken out of the way.

We are getting closer every day. Looking up for our redemption draws nigh!

2 Thessalonians 2:7​

New American Standard Bible 1995​

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

I love that whole passage and when looking at the way things are being restrained by an unseen hand, despite best efforts on the part of the enemy, it really points to God's actions working thru the Holy Spirit in the church.

1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,

2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,

10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

athenasius

It sure will make Russia mad.
More fuel on the dumpster fire over in Ukraine.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/25/us-m1-abrams-biden-tanks-ukraine-russia-war

So America and Germany both are sending tanks. First the German Leopards, then the American Abrams

from the article:

"In public statements, Washington and Berlin had denied any connection between their respective decisions on tanks, although media reports said German officials had made clear in private that the Leopards were conditional on the US making a similar commitment.
Scholz confirmed that the country will initially supply 14 Leopard 2 tanks along with ammunition and logistical and maintenance support. He said in a statement: “This decision follows our well-known line of supporting Ukraine to the best of our ability. We are acting in a closely coordinated manner internationally.”"

"Germany will also approve other European countries supplying German-made Leopard 2 tanks from their own stock. Poland has requested approval to send some of its Leopards to Ukraine.

Norway also announced that it will send Leopard 2 battle tanks to Ukraine as part of Western aid
."

athenasius

I keep forgetting to point out that Israel is supplying those
Blue Spear missiles.

That won't endear them to Russia, and they are already in Russia's list of countries to punish due to previous support of Ukraine.

athenasius

It’s hard for me to think all this isn’t helping set the stage for Ezekiel 38-39.

Things seem to be ramping up rather quickly on all fronts.
It absolutely is.

For one thing I think Russia will take over Ukraine so that all of Magog tribes are together with the other tribes from Turkey, and Persia/Iran for that invasion. And Russia is gaining strength and battle experience that they will use in putting together the invasion in Ezek 38.

I know it sounds odd that they are gaining strength, but the losses that the western media likes to talk up have given them valuable experience and I think by all the indications of gathering forces in Belarus that they will put on a spring push.

Putin has been stationing troops near the Finnish border. There's been some mutual recalls of ambassadors between Russia and some of the Baltics. I can't off hand recall just who.

That is the next front that Putin will likely focus on once the Ukraine is under his control again.

He needs access to the Baltic sea. He can send ships thru the Dardenelles by Turkey from the Black Sea although they are at risk from Ukraine. He can send subs thru the Arctic and off further south but for full movement of his navy he needs the Baltic Sea.

He can't afford to let Finland and the Baltics threaten his control. Even if they are NATO members now.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
It absolutely is.

For one thing I think Russia will take over Ukraine so that all of Magog tribes are together with the other tribes from Turkey, and Persia/Iran for that invasion. And Russia is gaining strength and battle experience that they will use in putting together the invasion in Ezek 38.

I know it sounds odd that they are gaining strength, but the losses that the western media likes to talk up have given them valuable experience and I think by all the indications of gathering forces in Belarus that they will put on a spring push.

Putin has been stationing troops near the Finnish border. There's been some mutual recalls of ambassadors between Russia and some of the Baltics. I can't off hand recall just who.

That is the next front that Putin will likely focus on once the Ukraine is under his control again.

He needs access to the Baltic sea. He can send ships thru the Dardenelles by Turkey from the Black Sea although they are at risk from Ukraine. He can send subs thru the Arctic and off further south but for full movement of his navy he needs the Baltic Sea.

He can't afford to let Finland and the Baltics threaten his control. Even if they are NATO members now.
We've been talking about this for years and it looks like it is coming to fruition.
So many other nooks and crannies to accentuate this reality.
Happening in real time before our very redeemed eyes .
The reality of Ezk.38 has never existed on this current level before.
Exciting times for the blood bought child of God!

Back