Encouraging stories of God's Work.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Hey all, I've finally had the time to come here and share some encouraging news. I was able to participate in a bible study at a church where 2 of the attendees of that church shared a neat story their pastor had relayed to the congregation. Upon further inquiry I learned that this church is involved in missions, with the Pastor's father, from this mission, directly relaying information to his son an encouraging story from Afghanistan and Columbia.

Apparently there was a group of Christians (I believe connected to the mission group) who had been accosted and robbed of all their food by an Afghanistan Taliban tribe (right now there's desperate hunger in Afghanistan). The group of Christians decided to go get more food, take that food over to this robbing Taliban group and then asked them if they'd like to watch a film I believe called, The Jesus Film (not sure what this is). At the end of watching this film the leaders of this tribe said something like, "We now have a new God." and repented, placing their faith in Jesus!

Not only this, they then went out to connect with other Afghanistan Taliban tribes, to bring them back to their encampment to show these other tribes the Jesus Film as well, resulting in more saved souls!!

So, brothers and sisters.....remember that we were praying for God's help in Afghanistan? Well, God has heard and is hearing ours and other's prayers for this area! Let's continue to pray for those ministering in difficult parts of the world that God would give wisdom, help and protection! :)

Another story that was relayed was from Columbia. A pretty influential and well known to be quite violent gang leader had burst into a church in Columbia during their service. This guy and his violent reputation was so scary that the guards in the church were extremely nervous. But, the Pastor bravely and quickly made a beeline to this very violent gang leader and shared the Gospel with him. The gang leader repented right there and accepted Jesus as His Lord and Savior and abandoned all gang related lifestyle to instead live for the Lord!

So, brothers and sisters, be encouraged that while the media is so full of the most discouraging, demoralizing, and hopeless news (as intended) the wonderful good news is our God is awesomely working around the world to bring souls to Jesus Christ. Let's look and see where God might be directing us in the places we are at to also share His good news. :)

Pat

Hey all, I've finally had the time to come here and share some encouraging news. I was able to participate in a bible study at a church where 2 of the attendees of that church shared a neat story their pastor had relayed to the congregation. Upon further inquiry I learned that this church is involved in missions, with the Pastor's father, from this mission, directly relaying information to his son an encouraging story from Afghanistan and Columbia.

Apparently there was a group of Christians (I believe connected to the mission group) who had been accosted and robbed of all their food by an Afghanistan Taliban tribe (right now there's desperate hunger in Afghanistan). The group of Christians decided to go get more food, take that food over to this robbing Taliban group and then asked them if they'd like to watch a film I believe called, The Jesus Film (not sure what this is). At the end of watching this film the leaders of this tribe said something like, "We now have a new God." and repented, placing their faith in Jesus!

Not only this, they then went out to connect with other Afghanistan Taliban tribes, to bring them back to their encampment to show these other tribes the Jesus Film as well, resulting in more saved souls!!

So, brothers and sisters.....remember that we were praying for God's help in Afghanistan? Well, God has heard and is hearing ours and other's prayers for this area! Let's continue to pray for those ministering in difficult parts of the world that God would give wisdom, help and protection! :)

Another story that was relayed was from Columbia. A pretty influential and well known to be quite violent gang leader had burst into a church in Columbia during their service. This guy and his violent reputation was so scary that the guards in the church were extremely nervous. But, the Pastor bravely and quickly made a beeline to this very violent gang leader and shared the Gospel with him. The gang leader repented right there and accepted Jesus as His Lord and Savior and abandoned all gang related lifestyle to instead live for the Lord!

So, brothers and sisters, be encouraged that while the media is so full of the most discouraging, demoralizing, and hopeless news (as intended) the wonderful good news is our God is awesomely working around the world to bring souls to Jesus Christ. Let's look and see where God might be directing us in the places we are at to also share His good news. :)
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

JamesSuth

That is just fantastic! We are in a spiritual battle and God is still saving souls! I happen to think that sometimes it is those fanatically against Christ who have more chance to repent than those who simply don't care - at least He is on their agenda. Let's keep praying that more souls are saved in these last days.

TheRedeemed

This is a wonderful post, especially after I read the international Muslim round up thread earlier.

Although I struggle to reconcile what some of these adherents do to us Christians with the forgiveness we're all supposed to show, this OP reminds us of what we really should respond like. If someone steals your coat, chase after him and give him your cloak also.

The missionaries after being robbed, went out and bought more provisions and gifted it to the guys who robbed them and then God did the rest to bring them into the fold.

One thing I have noted about converted Mohammedans is that they are on fire for the Word more than some well seasoned Christians ever are.

Hopefully they will go on to bring the rest of their tribe/village to a saving knowledge of the Lord.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Although I struggle to reconcile what some of these adherents do to us Christians with the forgiveness we're all supposed to show, this OP reminds us of what we really should respond like.

TheRedeemed, I really hear you on this! :sad

Awhile back, I found myself struggling with the terrible actions we read about and as I was praying for all the victims this gentle thought pierced into my mind that it was important to pray for the perpetrators, that they come to Christ. In my heart there was a sense of greatly desiring help for victims we read about, for these actions to stop and it came to me that the best way to neutralize would be changed hearts in response to the Gospel. And boy, our enemy sure doesn't want that to happen!

In fact, if I nurse any sort of angry attitude, well that plays right into our enemy's hand :sad ......attempting to limit saved souls (if that were possible - God is thankfully sovereign over everything). I should note, I'm not in any way saying evil actions should be condoned nor that there may not be consequences, just that my heart needs to be in a proper position before the Lord, aligned, as you say TheRedeemed, to His will as revealed in His Word.

I decided in that moment to always make sure to pray for those perpetrating, remembering that they are fallen humans in a fallen world so of course they will act in a fallen way......just as I would if not for Jesus Christ (not a perfect Christian here by the way). I believe that partly because of others who prayed for me, in my fallen state, God got a hold of me for Jesus Christ.

So, by God's grace, I try to think of people through the lens of the new creations that God desires to bring about.

The Christians in Afghanistan certainly embodied this passage well:

Love in Action

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:9-21

TheRedeemed

Awhile back, I found myself struggling with the terrible actions we read about and as I was praying for all the victims this gentle thought pierced into my mind that it was important to pray for the perpetrators, that they come to Christ. In my heart there was a sense of greatly desiring help for victims we read about, for these actions to stop and it came to me that the best way to neutralize would be changed hearts in response to the Gospel. And boy, our enemy sure doesn't want that to happen!

In fact, if I nurse any sort of angry attitude, well that plays right into our enemy's hand :sad ......attempting to limit saved souls (if that were possible - God is thankfully sovereign over everything). I should note, I'm not in any way saying evil actions should be condoned nor that there may not be consequences, just that my heart needs to be in a proper position before the Lord, aligned, as you say TheRedeemed, to His will as revealed in His Word.

I decided in that moment to always make sure to pray for those perpetrating, remembering that they are fallen humans in a fallen world so of course they will act in a fallen way......just as I would if not for Jesus Christ (not a perfect Christian here by the way). I believe that partly because of others who prayed for me, in my fallen state, God got a hold of me for Jesus Christ.

So, by God's grace, I try to think of people through the lens of the new creations that God desires to bring about.

Love in Action

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary:

Thank you for this, it's very timely today after reading that other thread earlier.

mattfivefour

Love in Action

What a wonderful and godly post!