Elon Musk's SpaceX fires at least five for letter criticizing him

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk's SpaceX fires at least five for letter criticizing him
The earlier open letter to SpaceX executives seen by Reuters had called Musk a "distraction and embarrassment" to the company he founded.
By REUTERS
Published: JUNE 17, 2022

At least five employees were fired by private rocket company SpaceX after drafting and circulating an open letter criticizing founder Elon Musk and calling on executives at the start-up to change the company’s work culture to make it more inclusive, according to two people familiar with the matter. SpaceX did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.

The New York Times reported earlier on Thursday that SpaceX had fired employees associated with the letter, citing three employees with knowledge of the situation. It had not detailed the number of employees who had been dismissed.

SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell sent an email saying the company had investigated and "terminated a number of employees involved" with the letter, the New York Times said. The newspaper said Shotwell's email said employees involved with circulating the letter had been fired for making other staff feel "uncomfortable, intimidated and bullied, and/or angry because the letter pressured them to sign onto something that did not reflect their views."

more............... https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/article-709727

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Good for Elon and SpaceX. They did this on company time as well and as the SpaceX President noted they have 3 launches planned in the next 36 hours. There's no time for this kind of foolishness. Liberals are all emotions and no brain cells.

fl2007rn

I am glad that he fired the employees! I live close to Kennedy Space Center and there was a rocket launch today. The employees need to be concerned about the success of the mission and not about politics. The liberals are idiots because they were fired from well paying jobs. I hope they move out of Florida!

Footsteps

The only way the fired troublemakers could become “gruntled” would be to join the Biden administration - they would never be “distracted” by Joe doing more than one productive thing at the same time. In fact, they could never become jealous of Joe doing anything productive at any time.

biblegirl

It amazes me how supposedly smart people can do such dumb things. Even people with the lowest levels of common sense should know that it is foolish to brazenly stab your boss in the back and seek to humiliate him in public. What did they expect to happen? If Elon Musk has fearlessly taken on the globalists elite with his free speech push at Twitter, did these fools think he would not take them on too? I guess they believed themselves to be irreplaceable; it must be a blow to their egos to find out they are not.

Rocky R.

The only way the fired troublemakers could become “gruntled” would be to join the Biden administration - they would never be “distracted” by Joe doing more than one productive thing at the same time. In fact, they could never become jealous of Joe doing anything productive at any time.
I think Joe would immediately chase away the female workers by coming up right behind them while they're sitting at their desk doing work, and he sniffs their hair and asks, "Can you define what a woman is for me?"

GotGrace

It amazes me how supposedly smart people can do such dumb things. Even people with the lowest levels of common sense should know that it is foolish to brazenly stab your boss in the back and seek to humiliate him in public. What did they expect to happen? If Elon Musk has fearlessly taken on the globalists elite with his free speech push at Twitter, did these fools think he would not take them on too? I guess they believed themselves to be irreplaceable; it must be a blow to their egos to find out they are not.
The Woker Darlings have gotten away with trying to shame people into doing their will so they Will feel ashamed enough to blather around with a heart rending apology. It did not work this time.