Elon Musk Twitter deal 'temporarily on hold'

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk Twitter deal 'temporarily on hold'
"Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users," he said in a tweet.
By REUTERS
Published: MAY 13, 2022

Elon Musk said on Friday his $44-billion deal for Twitter Inc TWTR.N was temporarily on hold, citing pending details on spam and fake accounts. "Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users," Musk said in a tweet. Shares of the social media company fell 20% in premarket trading. Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The company had earlier this month estimated that false or spam accounts represented fewer than 5% of its monetizable daily active users during the first quarter. It also said it faced several risks until the deal with Musk is closed, including whether advertisers would continue to spend on Twitter.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-706626

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Love Battle Bots! TT you have to do a search and watch some of the contests, cool show.

I found them and watched a couple of battles. I can see where that would be fun for the engineers building the things, but I guess I'm just usually not overly interested in stuff like that. I tend to be the odd man out as I don't get excited about sport events, auto racing, bots, and most competitions... I guess I'm wired differently than most.

I enjoy watching God's creation, helping others when I have something to offer, reading, a good meal, a nap, and a good night's sleep. I don't need much in the way of entertainment, I guess.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I enjoy watching God's creation, helping others when I have something to offer, reading, a good meal, a nap, and a good night's sleep. I don't need much in the way of entertainment, I guess.
We are alike in many ways, Mary always likes the TV on, when she leaves for work in the morning I shut it off, she comes home and turns it on :lol . I watch the news for a half hour or so in the morning and a little tv after dinner, I like the battle Bots to see the ideas each team comes up with for attack and defense modes, some rely on speed , others not so much but are heavy hitters, sometimes the smaller bot wins because of some ingenious design and that's why I find it interesting. I think I have only viewed a dozen episodes over the years. Like you I enjoy God's creation, working my back landscaping, some sunshine and a little breeze, a little fishing, actually anything outdoors. And I like solving problems, like my backyard, lots of drainage issues, has taken years to correct and I'm almost there, soon no more water in the basement when we get those unusual 5-8" rains in and hour or sustained 24 hour rain periods.

depserv

I hope this is just a negotiating tactic. But it could be that being demonized by the liberal cult so vehemently made him decide to back out, and this became his excuse. The promise that Twitter could become a free speech site carried with it the hope that things could get better, so I hope that ultimately that promise is kept.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I hope this is just a negotiating tactic. But it could be that being demonized by the liberal cult so vehemently made him decide to back out, and this became his excuse. The promise that Twitter could become a free speech site carried with it the hope that things could get better, so I hope that ultimately that promise is kept.

If the bots are significantly higher than the less than 5% that twitter has been claiming, there could be massive lawsuits by client advertisers and stockholders alike. The business would likely be forced into bankruptcy with its assets sold to the highest bidder through the courts. Musk surely doesn't want to be left holding that bag. He's just doing due diligence before making the purchase and if the bot number is higher, especially much higher than claimed, it's a legitimate excuse to call off the deal.

pattycass1974

I was on Twitter today and someone mentioned how they went to Biden’s profile @potus and looked at the accounts of many of his followers. They said they did this for 10 mins and all of the profiles they looked at had 0 followers. I did the same and sure enough, he has a ton of followers that appear to be bots. I’m assuming they were added to make him look popular.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Elon Musk Offers to Buy Twitter at Original Offer Price​

SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is reportedly offering to buy Twitter at his original offered price of $54.20 per share.

Musk originally revealed his intention to buy the social network in April this year, but later attempted to withdraw from the deal, citing concerns about bot numbers on the platform. Now, sources have told Bloomberg that Musk is offering to buy the company at his original offer price.

While Twitter’s woke workforce opposed Musk’s acquisition attempt internally, concerned about the billionaire’s promise to make content moderation free speech-friendly, the company nonetheless took Musk to court to force him to go through with the deal.

Before the deal got bogged down in months of legal fighting, the political left was gearing up for an extended battle to stop any measure of free speech from returning to one of the web’s largest platforms.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022...ffers-to-buy-twitter-at-original-offer-price/

It'll be interesting to see if Twitter changes much after Musk acquires it... assuming he does.

DanLMP

It'll be interesting to see if Twitter changes much after Musk acquires it... assuming he does.

The "win" for Musk might simply be the battle and not the acquisition.

Imagine the overhaul that would need to happen if he does acquire the Twits and does move to make the platform more free.

You would need to do an almost 100% personnel change. It would potentially take months to revamp the site.