Elon Musk to buy Twitter for $44 billion

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

UK Demands Elon Musk Keeps Twitter ‘Responsible’ by Censoring Content​

A spokesman for UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has demanded that Elon Musk keeps Twitter “responsible” through content censorship.

Authorities in the United Kingdom are demanding that Twitter follows the country’s censorship laws when it comes under the control of its new owner, Elon Musk.

Musk, who has self-identified as a “free speech absolutist“, has said that his aims are to increase the transparency of the platform he acquired for around $44 billion, while also noting that “free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy”.

However, while some have celebrated the forthcoming Silicon Valley regime change, authorities in Britain appear to be afraid that the takeover may get in the way of their forthcoming programme of enhanced online censorship.

“Regardless of ownership, all social media platforms must be responsible,” The Times reports a spokesman for Prime Minister Boris Johnson as saying regarding the purchase.

“That includes protecting users from harm on their sites,” the spokesman continued. “It is too early to say what — if any — changes will be made to how Twitter operates.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...eps-twitter-responsible-by-censoring-content/

The left isn't wasting any time threatening/bullying Musk. Twitter will have to follow the laws of the countries it operates in. In the USA at least for now, Twitter should be able to operate mostly uncensored.
I don't think this guy is going to tell Musk how to run Twitter. Musk will run it the way he sees fit. No Censorship we have a right to Free Speech our Constitutional 1st Amendment.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't think this guy is going to tell Musk how to run Twitter. Musk will run it the way he sees fit. No Censorship we have a right to Free Speech our Constitutional 1st Amendment.

Some countries restrict free speech, but you're right in the USA, though there has been a major attack on that absolute right for some time now. Twitter operates in many countries.

depserv

A spokesman for UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has demanded that Elon Musk keeps Twitter “responsible” through content censorship.

Authorities in the United Kingdom are demanding that Twitter follows the country’s censorship laws when it comes under the control of its new owner, Elon Musk.

The left isn't wasting any time threatening/bullying Musk. Twitter will have to follow the laws of the countries it operates in. In the USA at least for now, Twitter should be able to operate mostly uncensored.
None of this surprises me one bit, given how important the suppression of truth is to the new world order. To any decent person, any patriot, or any Christian, the most offensive speech is the mass deception being broadcast wholesale by the liberal cult, and that is also by far the most dangerous, given the effects it has.

I don't want any speech censored, not even liberal propaganda, because I am convinced that as long as the truth is allowed it will prevail. I do think the purveyors of these deceptions have crossed a line and entered into the realm of treason, and they should be brought to justice for their crimes*, but as far as blanket censorship, I think it's a bad idea, because that power will be abused.

But if any speech is dangerous and offensive enough that it should be censored, liberal propaganda, in the forms of Marxism, civilian disarmament, anti-white racism, devil worship, so-called choice on abortion, gender fluidity, and other big lie campaigns, is at the top of any realistic list. So until they list those big lie campaigns among things to be censored, all their talk about censorship being done for a good and noble purpose is a lie, so obviously absurd that it would be laughable if it was not so destructive.

*On the limits of free speech it is often said that you can't yell fire in a crowded theater. But the truth is you can, but only if there really is a fire and you are giving out a legitimate warning. So the point being made is free speech does not extend to a malicious lie, that is, a lie intended for a bad purpose that causes harm. Big lie campaigns done to corrupt elections, and in so doing change America from a free republic into a communist dictatorship, clearly fit into that category.

The liberal cult claims this about the truth patriots and Christians try to make known. And therein lies the distinction: which side is telling the truth. It is clear to any thinking person that liars are currently in control of the mechanisms of censorship, using that control ruthlessly to suppress truth to maintain their deceptions; in calling patriots liars these traitors are simply using the tactic of projection.

This is why I stand strongly against censorship, but think those who tell big, destructive, malicious lies should be prosecuted for their crimes, from the guy who yells fire in a crowded theater to cause a stampede, to the smiling liars on TV who corrupt elections and destroy the integrity of our democratic systems.

As far as Britain insisting on censorship, I think what Musk should do is keep everything on Twitter that is posted there, but black out everything censored by the corrupt government, so what is seen as a big blacked-out post. That way the people there can see just how much their government is hiding from them, while going along with the edict that he censor truth.

Kelpe

Elon Musk is a globalist and works closely with the WEF.
Maybe Musk is good, maybe he is bad, but for the moment, Twitter is back to having all kinds of dialog and it's really nice. If speech gets suppressed again, it might just wake a few more people up.

For the people that don't follow it, it is enlightening as far as the left-field nutballs, the MSM, the powers that be, the Christ followers, the common sense people, the politicians (good and bad, right and left), the people in other parts of the world that can let you know what is REALLY going on since it isn't on MSM, the funny stuff (Catturd, Babylon Bee and Cassady Campbell). It takes time and some discernment too.

Living in the rural south, can leave a person clueless as to what is going on in the world especially since I ditched MSM, so that's why I'm on there, here and some other sites.;)

MapleLeaf

And "Rachel Levine IS A MAN, IS A MAN, IS A MAN!" lol

I couldn't go to sleep last night because I kept reading Tweets, it was hilarious! They've already let Tucker back on and several others. Hopefully they will #FREETHEBEE (Babylon Bee) and Charlie Kirk and of course TRUMP.
The Bee keeps me going at times. It reminds you to laugh at how absurd things really are.

Footsteps

I saw this headline in my email box this morning:

Musk's Twitter Purchase Fails After 138,000 Board Votes Found Overnight

and for a moment forgot that I was seeing satire (Babylon Bee). Then my brain straightened itself out since there's never been a Board with 138,000 people on it, least as far as I know...
Always check the PSA (Potential Satire Alert) if you pull up any of the following:

Babylon Bee
New York Times
How I Made Millions With One Simple Trick
Free Michael Avenatti
Go Fund Me for Harry and Meghan
Go Fund Me for Harry and Meghan attorneys
CNN+ Invest Before the Surge

kathymendel

He could very well have some kind of ulterior motives, but I think what people like is the Freedom of Speech issue.
The problem is, it won't take long for people to make it "MY freedom of speech" so they can spout whatever........... they will be totally attacking those who don't think/speak like them. Personal media will become even more ugly than it already is.

jab777

Musk, who has self-identified as a “free speech absolutist“, has said that his aims are to increase the transparency of the platform he acquired for around $44 billion, while also noting that “free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy”.

However, while some have celebrated the forthcoming Silicon Valley regime change, authorities in Britain appear to be afraid that the takeover may get in the way of their forthcoming programme of enhanced online censorship.

“Regardless of ownership, all social media platforms must be responsible,” The Times reports a spokesman for Prime Minister Boris Johnson as saying regarding the purchase.

“That includes protecting users from harm on their sites,” the spokesman continued. “It is too early to say what — if any — changes will be made to how Twitter operates.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...eps-twitter-responsible-by-censoring-content/

The other thing is that Musk is taking Twitter private which means it’s stocks will not be traded on the stock exchanges. So it will no longer be a public company. That being the case I’m not sure how much Boris or anyone else can dictate to Musk.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
That being the case I’m not sure how much Boris or anyone else can dictate to Musk.

Depends on the laws in their country. Many countries do not have a Bill of Rights. Twitter will have to follow the laws in each country that it operates in or face fines, being cut off, etc. And more important than each country's laws, is how much they're being controlled by the deep state globalists.

Footsteps

Ding Dong
The witch is dead
Flying monkeys overhead

We don’t care what Boris thinks
Meghan Markle really stinks
Just shut up and pay your NATO dues

Huffin’ puffin’ Parliament
Brush your teeth with Pepsodent
Pay Westminster’s monthly rent

Stop your shouting “Hear! Hear Hear!”
Hearing aids are far and near