Elon Musk to buy Twitter for $44 billion

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk to buy Twitter for $44 billion
Musk, the world's richest person according to a tally by Forbes, is negotiating to buy Twitter in a personal capacity and Tesla is not involved in the deal.
By REUTERS
Published: APRIL 25, 2022

Elon Musk clinched a deal to buy Twitter TWTR.N for $44 billion on Monday in a transaction that will shift control of the social media platform populated by millions of users and global leaders to the world's richest person. Twitter may announce the $54.20-per-share deal later on Monday once its board has met to recommend the transaction to Twitter shareholders, the sources said. It is always possible that the deal collapses at the last minute, the sources added.

Musk, the world's richest person according to a tally by Forbes, is negotiating to buy Twitter in a personal capacity and Tesla is not involved in the deal. Twitter has not been able to secure so far a "go-shop" provision under its agreement with Musk that would allow it to solicit other bids once the deal is signed, the sources said. Still, Twitter would be allowed to accept an offer from another party by paying Musk a break-up fee, the sources added. The sources requested anonymity because the matter is confidential. Twitter and Musk did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/tech-and-start-ups/article-705045

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I love it. What I think I love most is the thought of all those leftist "thought police" that censored anyone they didn't like but especially Donald Trump.

They must be terrified about their job security right about now.
I love it too because it is what the 1st amendment is all about Freedom of Speech. The libs want to shut you up if you don't agree with them.

MapleLeaf

Trump tweets certainly were a source of entertainment. Twitter got all sorts of free advertising through them so I fail to see the downside. haha I am seeing people testing the censorship waters in various ways. Mainly saying "ivermectin" over and over or something very anti-WEF.

GotGrace

I love it. What I think I love most is the thought of all those leftist "thought police" that censored anyone they didn't like but especially Donald Trump.

They must be terrified about their job security right about now.
Their panties are definitely in a twist the poor little social justice warriors. Somebody please open up some safe places for the woker darlings. I think I’m going to cry it’s just all so unfair. :pound

athenasius

Trump tweets certainly were a source of entertainment. Twitter got all sorts of free advertising through them so I fail to see the downside. haha I am seeing people testing the censorship waters in various ways. Mainly saying "ivermectin" over and over or something very anti-WEF.
Maple I never did manage to figure out how to go on Twitter, but this makes me laugh. You go girl! I'm pretty sure you'll be joined by a lot of people with a pent up desire to have a little free speech that isn't censored to death.

MapleLeaf

Maple I never did manage to figure out how to go on Twitter, but this makes me laugh. You go girl! I'm pretty sure you'll be joined by a lot of people with a pent up desire to have a little free speech that isn't censored to death.
LOL I just have an account so I can follow people. I sometimes retweet. But I keep under the radar because Twitter seems an uncouth place to have online fights. I don't know how to block the true psychos. I've been stirring the pot on Facebook a bit from time to time. I've been a little surprised these past few years how much I enjoy the meme side of things. Cofeve was a fun one. I fully embraced the "honk honk" from the trucker convoy. My sister and I send the sillier stuff to each other all the time.

TimeWarpWife

IMHO, people shouldn't be getting all excited about Mr. Musk. Keep in mind that he wants to implant his Neuralink chips into peoples brains in order to be able to connect with apps and other things. Also, this is the guy who lived with self-professed fairy, witch, and cyborg Grimes, and had a child with her whom they named "X Æ A-12." Frankly, I'm not that enthused about him doing anything and anyone who believes he's in any way a conservative is deceiving themselves. My gut tells me something isn't right about all of this. :idunno

lightofmylife

IMHO, people shouldn't be getting all excited about Mr. Musk. Keep in mind that he wants to implant his Neuralink chips into peoples brains in order to be able to connect with apps and other things. Also, this is the guy who lived with self-professed fairy, witch, and cyborg Grimes, and had a child with her whom they named "X Æ A-12." Frankly, I'm not that enthused about him doing anything and anyone who believes he's in any way a conservative is deceiving themselves. My gut tells me something isn't right about all of this. :idunno
He could very well have some kind of ulterior motives, but I think what people like is the Freedom of Speech issue.

Kelpe

And "Rachel Levine IS A MAN, IS A MAN, IS A MAN!" lol

I couldn't go to sleep last night because I kept reading Tweets, it was hilarious! They've already let Tucker back on and several others. Hopefully they will #FREETHEBEE (Babylon Bee) and Charlie Kirk and of course TRUMP.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

lightofmylife

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

UK Demands Elon Musk Keeps Twitter ‘Responsible’ by Censoring Content​

A spokesman for UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has demanded that Elon Musk keeps Twitter “responsible” through content censorship.

Authorities in the United Kingdom are demanding that Twitter follows the country’s censorship laws when it comes under the control of its new owner, Elon Musk.

Musk, who has self-identified as a “free speech absolutist“, has said that his aims are to increase the transparency of the platform he acquired for around $44 billion, while also noting that “free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy”.

However, while some have celebrated the forthcoming Silicon Valley regime change, authorities in Britain appear to be afraid that the takeover may get in the way of their forthcoming programme of enhanced online censorship.

“Regardless of ownership, all social media platforms must be responsible,” The Times reports a spokesman for Prime Minister Boris Johnson as saying regarding the purchase.

“That includes protecting users from harm on their sites,” the spokesman continued. “It is too early to say what — if any — changes will be made to how Twitter operates.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...eps-twitter-responsible-by-censoring-content/

The left isn't wasting any time threatening/bullying Musk. Twitter will have to follow the laws of the countries it operates in. In the USA at least for now, Twitter should be able to operate mostly uncensored.

depserv

I never took an interest in Twitter but maybe I will now.

It looks like Elon Musk is standing up in defense of America; if that is the case, may God bless his efforts, and protect him from his enemies. And may patriots have the will to stand with him. Censorship is an important part of a growing tyranny; replace it with free speech and much of what the enemy of freedom has gained can be undone. The enemy knows this, and will fight against it any way it can.

As George Orwell said: "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." This gives the essence of what the big tech community has been doing; it's why they define truth as offensive, and call it dangerous and "hate speech." Their suppression of truth is essential to the big lies that form the building blocks of liberal ideology. Where truth is allowed, those building blocks can, and hopefully will, begin to crumble, and when they do, it is very possible that the whole structure will fall. The liberal cult knows this, and that's why this takeover is so scary to them.

I hope Elon is aware of how vicious, hateful, and ruthless the liberal cult can be. You can be sure that he will be the subject of one of their hate campaigns (in fact it's already started, with him already being called a racist, big surprise). And who knows what else; maybe someone will appear from his past claiming that he expressed thoughtcrime in some form or another.

But as long as loyal Americans stand solidly behind him he'll do just fine. And maybe after Twitter has been liberated other platforms can be as well. Considering the power the enemy has over the low-information types, together with the fact that they are an important part of the outcome of elections (because voter fraud can only work if the election is at least somewhat close), this can do wonders for the survival of the Republic.

But only if this effort is strongly supported by all the good people of America. Take the opening he is giving us and stream in and make the truth known at every opportunity. Otherwise, this will all have been for nothing.