Elon Musk sells $8.5 billion of Tesla shares ahead of Twitter takeover

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk sells $8.5 billion of Tesla shares ahead of Twitter takeover
The sale came after Musk on Monday clinched a deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion in cash.
By REUTERS
Published: APRIL 29, 2022

Tesla CEO Elon Musk sold $8.5 billion worth of shares in the electric vehicle maker, US securities filings showed, in sales likely aimed at helping finance his planned purchase of Twitter Inc. Musk said in a tweet on Thursday that there are "no further TSLA sales planned after today." He sold about 9.6 million shares this week, according to the filings on Thursday and Friday, equating to 5.6% of his stake in the company. It was not clear whether all of Musk's recent Tesla share sales were reported. Tesla did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.

The sale came after Musk on Monday clinched a deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion in cash in a transaction that will shift control of the social media platform populated by millions of users and global leaders to the world's richest person. Musk's net worth is $268 billion, according to Forbes. As part of the deal, Musk said he would provide a $21 billion equity commitment.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/news-updates/article-705489

Lastcall

Musk may be one strange man, but he does have a sense of humor. AOC has been tweeting about how bad it is for Musk to take over Twitter. Musk responded with a tweet “stop hitting on me, Im very shy”…..:pound

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC
Tired of having to collectively stress about what explosion of hate crimes is happening bc some billionaire with an ego problem unilaterally controls a massive communication platform and skews it because Tucker Carlson or Peter Thiel took him to dinner and made him feel special
11:41 AM · Apr 29, 2022

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?re...tter-purchase&in_reply_to=1520111152411389954
Elon Musk

@elonmusk
Replying to @AOC
Stop hitting on me, I’m really shy
☺️