Elon Musk proposes to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk proposes to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share
Elon Musk reverses course and is again proposing to buy social media giant, after previously backing out of deal.
Israel National News
Oct 4, 2022

Elon Musk has reversed course and is again proposing to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share, sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday, according to CNBC. A deal could happen as soon as Friday, the sources added. Twitter shares jumped as much as 15% on Tuesday after Bloomberg first reported on the Tesla CEO's plans to go forth with his deal to acquire the company. The stock was halted after the report.

Musk announced in July that he was backing out of the deal to purchase Twitter, agreed upon in April, after alleging the firm failed to provide enough information on fake account numbers. Twitter fired back at Musk and said his bid to terminate the acquisition of the social media company is “invalid and wrongful.”

more............ https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360788

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The lawsuits must not have been going his way... Seems like maybe he got talked into buying Twitter by Jack Dorsey... Twitter will probably end up being a millstone around Musk's neck. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything changes at Twitter following the buyout. 44 Billion for Twitter seems like too much.

ANewCreature

Any thought that he could have feared the far left trying to block it through various lawsuits and other measures and therefore he backed out hoping that the far left would force him to buy twitter?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Any thought that he could have feared the far left trying to block it through various lawsuits and other measures and therefore he backed out hoping that the far left would force him to buy twitter?

I think sometimes we give well known smart people too much credit. Right now Putin is in a quagmire. How many times have I heard he's several moves ahead of his opponents... Musk is the kind of smart that usually comes with some weaknesses. I suspect he's gonna get himself into some huge messes over the course of his life. He could become the world's first trillionaire... or he could lose most of what he has.