Elon Musk Predicts “Serious Recession” in 2023, Announces Plans for Twitter and Tesla

GEOINTAnalyst

Elon Musk, the billionaire head of Tesla, Space X, and Twitter, on Thursday predicted a “serious recession” in 2023 and promised not to sell Tesla stock next year “under any circumstances.”

Speaking in a Twitter Spaces audio forum, Musk also assured investors Tesla hadn’t “skipped a beat on execution” since he took over Twitter. Twitter required an initial period of intense focus to get its “insane … costs under control” to stop it from going “flat bankrupt” next year, Musk said.

Tesla share prices fell further on Thursday over concerns about slowing demand for electric vehicles. Musk’s stock sales and focus on Twitter have also been blamed as a contributing factor, but Musk rejected this on Thursday, blaming the Federal Reserve’s interest rate increases.

https://discernreport.com/elon-musk...ession-in-2023-vows-not-to-sell-tesla-stocks/

Dave123

Elon Musk, the billionaire head of Tesla, Space X, and Twitter, on Thursday predicted a “serious recession” in 2023 and promised not to sell Tesla stock next year “under any circumstances.”

Speaking in a Twitter Spaces audio forum, Musk also assured investors Tesla hadn’t “skipped a beat on execution” since he took over Twitter. Twitter required an initial period of intense focus to get its “insane … costs under control” to stop it from going “flat bankrupt” next year, Musk said.

Tesla share prices fell further on Thursday over concerns about slowing demand for electric vehicles. Musk’s stock sales and focus on Twitter have also been blamed as a contributing factor, but Musk rejected this on Thursday, blaming the Federal Reserve’s interest rate increases.

https://discernreport.com/elon-musk...ession-in-2023-vows-not-to-sell-tesla-stocks/
I agree with him. I think we are in for a massive recession especially now that they passed a $1.7 Trillion spending bill. That only adds to the $4 Trillion already passed this year.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The recession we've been living in 2022 will likely become worse in 2023. Given govmint spending, it's a no brainer that we'll continue to have high inflation. The globalists might work at tempering inflation a little bit by limiting the upside of energy prices to ensure they get their US President in 2024, though with voter fraud, I don't think they'll have any problems with that.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Don't worry folks, we have a miracle worker President who will do everything in his power to avoid recession. In fact, in his latest speech he "crowed" about all the great economic gains his administration has made. Achievements so bold they were "firsts" by any standard. I think Goebbels said that if you tell a big enough lie and keep repeating it over and over it becomes the truth.

GEOINTAnalyst

To me the best solution to the inflation problem is also a major economic risk factor in 2023: higher interest rates. Higher interest rates increase the cost of borrowing money, discouraging companies from taking on debt to invest in expanding their businesses. Higher rates also reduce consumer spending, easing demand pressures that have contributed to rising prices. Inflation is somewhere between 8.3 and 8.5 percent depending on who you look at
I think you will see The Fed raise rates to 5.25 to 5.50 then start lowering it if the economy starts to improve by late 2023 - just my best guess

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Inflation is somewhere between 8.3 and 8.5 percent depending on who you look at

Better numbers would be ones using the old formula before they altred the CPI formula to lower the numbers so the govmint wouldn't look so bad. They made the change(S) decades ago and now a lot of people don't realize the formula used isn't representative of true consumer price inflation... not even close.

Jaybird

Better numbers would be ones using the old formula before they altred the CPI formula to lower the numbers so the govmint wouldn't look so bad. They made the change(S) decades ago and now a lot of people don't realize the formula used isn't representative of true consumer price inflation... not even close.
Mark Twain said there are three kinds of lies:

1) Lies, 2) d##N lies and 3) Statistics!

jab777

Don't worry folks, we have a miracle worker President who will do everything in his power to avoid recession. In fact, in his latest speech he "crowed" about all the great economic gains his administration has made. Achievements so bold they were "firsts" by any standard. I think Goebbels said that if you tell a big enough lie and keep repeating it over and over it becomes the truth.
Everything that fool says absolutely beggars belief. And yes, Goebbels made that statement and for Biden et al it’s become a way of life.

cheeky200386

I wonder what will happen to home prices in 2023. With inflation high and no relief in sight are more people feeling the strain on their budgets? If so will that cool off home prices?
I've wondered the same. My husband and I have been waiting to buy a house for several years now but have been priced out. Now the prices are slowly coming down, but the increasing rates are defeating the benefit. To make matters worse, prices for everything like food is getting crazy.

Cash buyers will be at an advantage until inflation eats away at what they've saved.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know if the average Joe is going to be able to take advantage of the lower house prices. I can see corporations and the wealthy gobbling everything up.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I've wondered the same. My husband and I have been waiting to buy a house for several years now but have been priced out. Now the prices are slowly coming down, but the increasing rates are defeating the benefit. To make matters worse, prices for everything like food is getting crazy.

Cash buyers will be at an advantage until inflation eats away at what they've saved.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know if the average Joe is going to be able to take advantage of the lower house prices. I can see corporations and the wealthy gobbling everything up.
You make very accurate observations on this matter.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I've wondered the same. My husband and I have been waiting to buy a house for several years now but have been priced out. N

It's commonly believed that home price inflation has regularly exceeded the CPI, so there is a bubble. I don't believe that. I think home values have stayed approximately with true inflation.

Prices are dipping a bit now because fewer people can afford mortgages at current rates. I don't think home prices are dropping because they're overvalued.

In housing markets that I'm watching, I'm seeing small dips in housing prices for existing homes, but prices staying steady with little change for new homes. That's because the builder needs to make a profit when the house is sold.

cheeky200386

It's commonly believed that home price inflation has regularly exceeded the CPI, so there is a bubble. I don't believe that. I think home values have stayed approximately with true inflation.

Prices are dipping a bit now because fewer people can afford mortgages at current rates. I don't think home prices are dropping because they're overvalued.

In housing markets that I'm watching, I'm seeing small dips in housing prices for existing homes, but prices staying steady with little change for new homes. That's because the builder needs to make a profit when the house is sold.
I don't think I understand. Are you saying you don't think houses are overvalued and that's why prices aren't going down? I didn't understand that sentence. I'd love to know what you think since you seem to follow the housing market. Do you think houses prices will stay relatively the same?

I just don't know if Mike and I will ever be able to afford our home at these prices, and especially if they go up. I wonder who can.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't think I understand. Are you saying you don't think houses are overvalued and that's why prices aren't going down? I didn't understand that sentence. I'd love to know what you think since you seem to follow the housing market. Do you think houses prices will stay relatively the same?

I just don't know if Mike and I will ever be able to afford our home at these prices, and especially if they go up. I wonder who

IMO, home prices aren't dropping because they're overvalued, but because fewer people can afford the current mortgage costs due to interest rates. Existing home prices are dropping, but in most areas not by much.

Back