Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $41 billion

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $41 billion
"My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder," Musk said.
By REUTERS
Published: APRIL 14, 2022

Elon Musk took aim at Twitter TWTR.N with a $41 billion cash offer on Thursday, with the Tesla CEO and billionaire entrepreneur saying the social media giant needs to be taken private to grow and become a platform for free speech. "Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it," Musk, who is already the company's second-largest shareholder, said in a letter to Twitter's board on Wednesday. The offer was made public in a regulatory filing on Thursday.

Musk's offer price of $54.20 per share represents a 38% premium to Twitter's April 1 close, the last trading day before his 9.1% stake in the social media platform was made public. Musk rejected an invitation to join Twitter's board this week after disclosing his stake, a move which analysts said signaled his takeover intentions as a board seat would have limited his shareholding to just under 15%. He told Twitter it was his best and final offer and said he would reconsider his investment if the board rejects it.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-704144

depserv

I didn't know a lot about this guy, but it looks like he could be a patriot trying to defend America from the liberal cult. This is a big deal, since the suppression of truth and silencing of patriots is an important part of the liberal war on America.

I saw on Tucker Carlson the other day that the smiling liberals on TV have started calling him... wait for it...drum roll... a racist. This is further evidence that he is a patriot, since racist is liberalspeak for patriot.

Assuming he is the patriot he appears to be, may God bless his efforts, and protect him from his enemies.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Whaaaaaaaaaat ??????? How much money does this guy have ?

He mostly has shares in corporations. He doesn't have that much cash lying around so he'd have to be able to get a loan or issue personal bonds or something. I doubt he'll get any help from the liberal financial people in the big banks. He might have to buy one of the big banks, too...

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I didn't know a lot about this guy, but it looks like he could be a patriot trying to defend America from the liberal cult. This is a big deal, since the suppression of truth and silencing of patriots is an important part of the liberal war on America.

I saw on Tucker Carlson the other day that the smiling liberals on TV have started calling him... wait for it...drum roll... a racist. This is further evidence that he is a patriot, since racist is liberalspeak for patriot.

Assuming he is the patriot he appears to be, may God bless his efforts, and protect him from his enemies.

Yep you know you"re an enemy of theirs when they either pullout the race card or homophobe card

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Thoma Bravo said to consider bid for Twitter​

Private equity firm Thoma Bravo is said to be working on a a possible rival bid for Twitter (NYSE:TWTR). Twitter rose 4% in after hours after falling in regular trading following Elon Musk's $43 billion offer for the company.

It's not known what the price the PE firm may be considering or when it may make the offer, according to a NYPost report. The PE company has an internal team working on a potential bid.

At an all-hands Twitter (TRWR) staff meeting called after the explosive hostile takeover launch from Musk, CEO Parag Agrawal told employees the board is still evaluating Musk's bid. He didn't give a timeline for when the board might answer, The Verge reported, but said it will undergo a "rigorous process" to make a decision in shareholders' best interest.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3823630-thoma-bravo-said-to-consider-bid-for-twitter-nypost

Without partners Thoma Bravo would probably be stretching itself pretty thin on its own... especially when an investment in a liberal twitter could easily turn south.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
If Elon Musk doesn't win the bid for Twitter, he should start his own platform. The people who are not in favor of censorship would go to his platform. There are those on the left who will not want Musk on Twitter because he will change it for the better Freedom of Speech.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If Elon Musk doesn't win the bid for Twitter, he should start his own platform. The people who are not in favor of censorship would go to his platform. There are those on the left who will not want Musk on Twitter because he will change it for the better Freedom of Speech.

Or offer to give some backing to TruthSocial.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Poison Pill: Twitter Board Enacts Plan to Block Takeover by Elon Musk​

Twitter’s board of directors is deploying defensive measures to prevent Elon Musk, the world’s richest man and a declared free speech absolutist, from taking over the company.

The pro-censorship, leftist-run social media platform has adopted a Shareholder Rights Plan, a corporate tactic used to deter buyouts.

Colloquially known as a “poison pill,” the measure allows existing shareholders to buy more shares at a discounted price, diluting the stake of any shareholder seeking to acquire the whole company and theoretically raising the costs of doing so.

In a press release, Twitter said the limited duration Rights Plan, which will be triggered if Musk’s share grows to 15 percent or more, be in effect until May of 2023, “will reduce the likelihood that any entity, person or group gains control of Twitter through open market accumulation.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022...d-enacts-plan-to-block-takeover-by-elon-musk/

I thought these poison pill moves had to be approved by shareholders before they'd go in to effect. I guess not, at least not in this case. Titter has been a disappointing stock for years now and I think most of the stockholders would probably welcome having it taken over by Musk... At least they'd get a slight premium for their shares.