Elon Musk ends work-from-home, ‘days of rest’ at Twitter

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk ends work-from-home, ‘days of rest’ at Twitter
Twitter employees have also been pushed to work “24/7” on implementing new changes as Musk threatens to lay off roughly half of Twitter’s 7,500-strong workforce.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: NOVEMBER 4, 2022

Controversial billionaire Elon Musk has made headlines for diminishing Twitter’s content moderation and un-banning prominent suspended Twitter accounts since his purchase of the social media giant was finalized last month. Musk now aims to eliminate Twitter’s “days of rest” and work-from-home policies, sources told Bloomberg on Thursday. The policy, meant to help reduce burnout among Twitter staff, is among the latest overhauls by Musk. Musk, the world’s richest person with an estimated net worth of around $210 billion, took Twitter private last month after a prolonged legal saga for $44 billion.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/tech-and-start-ups/article-721468

SarahRose

I just saw a video of what one of the Twitter employees does at the office and it went something like this :

- Go to the coffee bar
- Have a meeting in a private pod thing
- Hang out in the lounge area
- Go to cafeteria for steak or shrimp or something for lunch
- Play games in the recreation area
- Go to the meditation room or do yoga
- Meet with coworkers to do “projects”
- Need a boost from all the hard work so go get some espresso
- Suddenly done with work, better get some wine on tap
- Now to the rooftop to hang out and play some cornhole before going home

In all honesty I’m very blessed to be able to work from home. But it’s nothing like that setup. Although I did score an espresso maker from a garage sale and sometimes I get my afternoon boost from that lol

I also realize this probably isn’t every Twitter employee’s experience. I’m sure some of them are hard workers. But there is definitely some fat to trim in that company.