Elon Musk Builds a Machine to Download Our Brain and Personalities

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Tesla CEO announced he will be able to start large commercialization of a humanoid robot in 2023.

What the wealthiest man in the world has in the boxes is likely to raise the hair of more than one of his detractors. Above all, it risks raising ethical questions. The billionaire says it will soon be possible to upload your brain abilities into humanoid robots.

"Could you imagine that one day we would be able to download our human brain capacity into an Optimus?", Mathias Döpfner, the CEO of Business Insider's parent company, Axel Springer, asked Musk in a recent interview.

Optimus is a robot Tesla introduced in 2021.

"I think it is possible," Musk responded.

"Which would be a different way of eternal life, because we would download our personalities into a bot," Döpfner continued.

Musk agreed, and then added:

"Yes, we could download the things that we believe make ourselves so unique. Now, of course, if you're not in that body anymore, that is definitely going to be a difference, but as far as preserving our memories, our personality, I think we could do that."

https://www.thestreet.com/technolog...rain-and-personalities?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

GotGrace

Tesla CEO announced he will be able to start large commercialization of a humanoid robot in 2023.

What the wealthiest man in the world has in the boxes is likely to raise the hair of more than one of his detractors. Above all, it risks raising ethical questions. The billionaire says it will soon be possible to upload your brain abilities into humanoid robots.

"Could you imagine that one day we would be able to download our human brain capacity into an Optimus?", Mathias Döpfner, the CEO of Business Insider's parent company, Axel Springer, asked Musk in a recent interview.

"Which would be a different way of eternal life, because we would download our personalities into a bot," Döpfner continued.

"Yes, we could download the things that we believe make ourselves so unique. Now, of course, if you're not in that body anymore, that is definitely going to be a difference, but as far as preserving our memories, our personality, I think we could do that."

https://www.thestreet.com/technolog...rain-and-personalities?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO
:rolleyes:

Andy C

Lets hope this never comes to be. I dont know how I would respond if years down the road, a robot told me he likes cold weather, hates the govmint, and is craving a hamburger.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
There is a lot of capabilities that are already here, they're not just some pipe dream to be realized far off in the future. Because of that, unless there is a major disruption in world affairs that sets mankind back a few decades, I believe our Rapture must be quite soon because Tribulation seems to be just around the corner.

ShilohRose

I read a science fiction story about this some years ago -- it didn't end well for those who participated in it. There were important things missing, like the ability to differentiate between right and wrong and empathy disappeared.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I do not wish to be duplicated into a machine. I saw the movie (Multiplicity (1996)) and it created all sorts of problems.
There's also a tv show like that too called Altered Carbon on Netflix where a person's conscience can be downloaded into a disc and transferred to any humans .

I stopped watching the show as it just got too weird and way too many s*x scenes in the show