Electric Cars Are Bankrupting the Auto Industry

:thankyou

What if one had three-phase service?

Also, how large of a battery bank running off of wind and/or solar would be needed?

Thanks.
3 phase service would be a game changer, it would also depend on the available voltage and wether or not it was Wye or Delta configuration. The ability to drop in transformers and vary voltage or phases would make a drastic difference as you can get much more usable energy from 3 phase plus it’s more efficient.

It is rare for homes to have 3 phase available as it is usually reserved for commercial purposes due to the higher installation and maintenance costs for the utility companies.

Many of the commercial chargers are 480 volt 3 phase. I haven’t studied the EV platforms as much as I should have. I would assume the electric current is changed from AC to DC for the batteries.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
3-phase is something I was considering if I get to build someday, or something to look for when looking at properties since there are commercial-turned residential and split-up agricultural properties.

Or possibly run a transformer for an regularly wired existing house. I figure I could get a lot more out of a (combo solar/wind) battery bank with 3-phase, or maybe charge a igger battery bank with the same input, or at least keep my power bill down. Power is getting stupid expensive here, but ole man winter will always be with us. And I'd like the convenience of having my own charger in case I buy a plug-in hybrid someday. People here are walking out in the weather to use communal or public chargers, or having to get a ride from someone. I'm not getting any younger, and with all the vehicle thefts, which will likely get worse, would rather not leave a vehicle unattended on a public charger.

Never knew there was more than one kind of 3-phase. I thought 3-phase was 3-phase, on a 220 or 240V line. I guess now its 480V or 480/120?

:hmmm If the commercial EV chargers are 3-phase 480V and an apartment building has them in an underground garage, that means there's 3-phase available in the building, even if not available in any of the units, although maybe it is :hmmm

Thanks, again.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I think one of the most economically concerning things these days to me is if The Lord tarries and the USA goes bankrupt/part of a world economic system or breaks apart, what happens to my military pension? VA health care?

I figure if things implode we would lose those things. Maybe regain a few pennies on the dollar on the pension once the dust settles, and get folded into the single payer govmint health plan that everyone would be forced into...

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I figure if things implode we would lose those things. Maybe regain a few pennies on the dollar on the pension once the dust settles, and get folded into the single payer govmint health plan that everyone would be forced into...

As long as I have my Bible, and maybe a hymnal, I'm good.

They'll have to pry it out of my warm, dead fingers :lol

Jaybird

Let's hope that the Rapture IS the event that causes the impending financial collapse. Not that I wish this on anyone, but we know that the third horseman is hyperinflation/famine that is likely caused by some type of financial collapse or war. We know that the days prior to the Rapture will be like the Days of Noah - "For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark.…
There seems to be the general consensus that all will be normal and then sudden destruction. Let's hope it all falls out this way and we are taken out of here before all that calamity starts.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
There seems to be the general consensus that all will be normal and then sudden destruction.

I don't think there is a consensus as described. I would say we're far from normal right now and it seems clear, to me anyway, that all the craziness that's being foist upon us is end of this Era activity whose purpose is to break down the fabric of society to the point that most people will accept whatever they, the globalists, have in mind for us.

No, I'd say things are very far from normal these days. This is a good time for Jesus to come for His bride, don't change think?

Jaybird

I don't think there is a consensus as described. I would say we're far from normal right now and it seems clear, to me anyway, that all the craziness that's being foist upon us is end of this Era activity whose purpose is to break down the fabric of society to the point that most people will accept whatever they, the globalists, have in mind for us.

No, I'd say things are very far from normal these days. This is a good time for Jesus to come for His bride, don't change think?
I agree with you that we are running out of anything that even looks like normal, but I think the context of the Noah verse is that even though the AC will be setting things up for the ultimate Beast system that our live's will be "normal" in the sense of eating, drinking, working, etc. Once the Tribulation hits life will be nothing like that kind of normal as there will be war, famine and hyperinflation (and that is just the beginning when the horsemen ride).

To your point. Yes, Jesus come now. Normal is gone.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I agree with you that we are running out of anything that even looks like normal, but I think the context of the Noah verse is that even though the AC will be setting things up for the ultimate Beast system that our live's will be "normal" in the sense of eating, drinking, working, etc. Once the Tribulation hits life will be nothing like that kind of normal as there will be war, famine and hyperinflation (and that is just the beginning when the horsemen ride).

To your point. Yes, Jesus come now. Normal is gone.

I think people will be marrying, etc. all the way up to our disappearance and probably afterwards. Humans will be doing things they've been ordinarily been doing for ages. I think that's what the Bible indicates.

As to the Beast system, The AC in waiting will probably not be a major player until after everything is pretty much set up. The Bible tells us in Daniel that the Global govmint will exist (in some form) and there will even be the 10 kings before the AC makes that covenant with Israel which kicks off Tribulation. It appears were in the formative stage of that global govmint. I don't expect it to be pretty and well ordered as it comes into being and I suspect that mankind will suffer plenty as the hands of the idiots making it happen. So the global govmint and the 10 kingdoms will exist in some form before the AC is the AC, so to speak. The devil will surely be in the details of the development, but the AC himself may just be a pencil pusher or some other type of bureaucrat in the system.

So no, the AC will not be setting things up until he's given or takes the top position, then that govmint will answer to him.

3-phase is something I was considering if I get to build someday, or something to look for when looking at properties since there are commercial-turned residential and split-up agricultural properties.

Or possibly run a transformer for an regularly wired existing house. I figure I could get a lot more out of a (combo solar/wind) battery bank with 3-phase, or maybe charge a igger battery bank with the same input, or at least keep my power bill down. Power is getting stupid expensive here, but ole man winter will always be with us. And I'd like the convenience of having my own charger in case I buy a plug-in hybrid someday. People here are walking out in the weather to use communal or public chargers, or having to get a ride from someone. I'm not getting any younger, and with all the vehicle thefts, which will likely get worse, would rather not leave a vehicle unattended on a public charger.

Never knew there was more than one kind of 3-phase. I thought 3-phase was 3-phase, on a 220 or 240V line. I guess now its 480V or 480/120?

:hmmm If the commercial EV chargers are 3-phase 480V and an apartment building has them in an underground garage, that means there's 3-phase available in the building, even if not available in any of the units, although maybe it is :hmmm

Thanks, again.
There’s 3 phase WYE and 3 phase DELTA. Three phase at 600V, 480V, 277V, 208V. Most 240V and 120V is single phase.

An important difference between the delta configuration and the wye configuration is the number of nodes: the delta has three (i.e., one node for each phase), and the wye has four. The fourth node in the wye network allows for the connection of a neutral wire

3 phase WYE is the 3 phase that can be split to run single phase. It is normally from 480V or 208V 3 phase down to 240V/120V single phase. Since it carries a Neutral conductor it is easily converted to single phase by dropping one conductor and a neutral.

True 3 phase power doesn’t require a neutral. Most hospitals, schools and commercial buildings using 3 phase use 3 phase Delta with lighting circuits using 277V and other high voltage equipment running 480V. They can get more usable current with Delta.

Don’t go trying to wire anything if your not a qualified electrician. It has been awhile since I’ve worked with 3 phase power.

I’ve worked it from 500KV Transmission lines down to 115KV Transmission lines. That’s all from generating plants to substations. In tge substations it’s stepped down to rural distribution voltages normally 14,440V to 7,200V.

Those voltages are stepped down from your power pole or underground transformers mostly to single phase 240V for homes.

All above listed US Voltages are AC, alternating current.

Back