Elderly French man inserts WWI-era bomb up rectum, causes evacuation - report

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
When I saw the headline, my immediate thought was something like how in the world could an artillery round, which have a diameter of 105mm, 155mm, 8 inch, etc. shell even fit up there?
When I saw the actual dimensions, my mind reconfigured to something a lot more reasonably sized like an early anti-tank round or small rocket (whew)

In cases like this, I always wonder if someone was abusing the old guy :mad :cry
Or how bad the guy's senility or dementia is, and why the item was even someplace he could reach it. Fortunately, the article answered the last question (he was a collector)

FWIW, the correct spelling in this case is ordnance (military hardware/munitions), NOT ordinance (law, rule, etc.). A LOT of civilian publications (including the original source) get this wrong, and spellcheck doesn't catch it because both are properly spelled words.

Ghoti Ichthus

Well! I was picturing a bomb the size of the ones attached to planes. Decades ago I was friends with a lady who’d previously worked in a nursing home, and she told me some stories, most of them rated X, about what the elderly there got up to. There was A LOT of sex and a lot of insertion of strange objects into various orifices.
This is why in my Will to Live, I specifically state I do NOT give consent to any sex, sexual activity, contact etc. I don't want to be taken advantage of/exploited by predators (staff, visitor(s), or other patient(s)/resident(s)). We did the same thing with Mom's paperwork at the nursing home. Dementia, senility, some medical and mental illnesses, some medications, etc. can render one legally unable to give proper consent or physically/mentally unable to say "No." No different than a drunk or roofied individual not able to give legal proper consent or physically/mentally unable say "No." Pick you and your family's care facility(ies)/caregivers with great care :tappingfoot

Last edited:

Kerbluey

This is why in my Will to Live, I specifically state I do NOT give consent to any sex, sexual activity, contact etc. I don't want to be taken advantage of/exploited by predators (staff, visitor(s), or other patient(s)/resident(s)). We did the same thing with Mom's paperwork at the nursing home. Dementia, senility, some medical and mental illnesses, some medications, etc. can render one legally unable to give proper consent or physically/mentally unable to say "No." No different than a drunk or roofied individual not able to give legal proper consent or physically/mentally unable say "No." Pick you and your family's care facility(ies)/caregivers with great care :tappingfoot

That’s a good idea.

These were the patients, the old people, doing all this. Not staff.

Ghoti Ichthus

That’s a good idea.

These were the patients, the old people, doing all this. Not staff.

There's a lot of predation in assisted living and senior living facilities, too :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :frown :cry

It's often a combination of men taking advantage of others' (mostly women) loneliness, senility/dementia, physical incapacity, and dsire to be popular/included/etc., the huge imbalance of genders (far more women than men), and lack of supervision (family and staff) :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :frown :cry

jab777

When I saw this story I was shocked at first, then getting in touch with my inner 10 year old I cracked up laughing and then I was pondering what in the world would prompt someone to do that. I guess in this sin sick world there’s no end to the depravity and weirdness folks will engage in.

Ghoti Ichthus

The caliber indicates it could have been an aerial bomb [WWI bombs were small as weight was critical for smaller biplanes] or more likely a mortar round.

Nothing like getting a dud in the tube. Either way its bad.

Fire in the hole!

:nukes

Dud be gone :biggrin

Back