Edit Location

cheeky200386

I don't know the answer, but how are you liking Florida. What is the city in Florida you are living in?
It's really nice even now in July. It reminds me of the resorts in the Caribbean. I live in West Bradenton. I really like the apartment complex but it's too expensive. Mike and I are hoping we can move to a more affordable place next year or buy a house.

We do have nice amenities though. Peter loves the splash pad in our community. We have 2 pools, one heated, a playground, fitness room with pelotons. Very fancy but comes with a price. We were blessed to find it though because apartments are hard to find in this area.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
It's really nice even now in July. It reminds me of the resorts in the Caribbean. I live in West Bradenton. I really like the apartment complex but it's too expensive. Mike and I are hoping we can move to a more affordable place next year or buy a house.
Cheeky, there's a chance that real estate prices will drop a little bit due to increased interest rates. I don't have much of an understanding of how the house market works in Florida. Almost everyone wants to move to Florida, so the housing market there is likely to be wildly different from the Midwest. I'm just glad you were able to get into the apartment that you liked back in March. After you get settled in a church, you'll hear through the grapevine about homes that are 'getting ready' to go on the market. As you know, real estate is cheaper when the buyer & seller put the deal together themselves. I have a friend who's buying a house before it was officially listed. For now, it sounds like your family landed in a good spot. I'm somewhat familiar with the area, as we were there for a few days less than a year ago. Wishing you the very best! Still so happy for you:hug

cheeky200386

Cheeky, there's a chance that real estate prices will drop a little bit due to increased interest rates. I don't have much of an understanding of how the house market works in Florida. Almost everyone wants to move to Florida, so the housing market there is likely to be wildly different from the Midwest. I'm just glad you were able to get into the apartment that you liked back in March. After you get settled in a church, you'll hear through the grapevine about homes that are 'getting ready' to go on the market. As you know, real estate is cheaper when the buyer & seller put the deal together themselves. I have a friend who's buying a house before it was officially listed. For now, it sounds like your family landed in a good spot. I'm somewhat familiar with the area, as we were there for a few days less than a year ago. Wishing you the very best! Still so happy for you:hug
I hope so too. I just know God has a plan for us here in FL. Everything worked out in such a way that we can only give him all the credit. You're right, once I find a new church home the rest will get taken care of.

Andy C

I hope so too. I just know God has a plan for us here in FL. Everything worked out in such a way that we can only give him all the credit. You're right, once I find a new church home the rest will get taken care of.
Now I know why you have not posted as much as you normally do. Until now, I did not know you had already moved - congrats.

Praying this move is a true blessing, all will work out even better than you hoped for, and you find an outstanding church for fellowship.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Praying this move is a true blessing, all will work out even better than you hoped for, and you find an outstanding church for fellowship.
Yes! Me, too :pray
Cheeky, I hope you update us about the churches when you & Mike are visiting the three that you mentioned.