Eating and Drinking... Marriage and Giving in Marriage...

Released

Question --If those that are taken are the wicked, and not the good, how would that work? If I am not taken, then I will wonder if I was left behind for not being a true believer or if I was left behind as one of the saved? Does that make sense?
Jesus is referring to the final days of the Great Tribulation when He returns. Parables such as the wheat and tares explain this perfectly. After Christ returns with His Church, Tribulation survivors fall into these two groups. The wicked are 'taken' to be slaughtered and their bodies given over to the birds. Believers are 'left' to be judged, then populate the Millennial Kingdom.

ItIsFinished!

Question --If those that are taken are the wicked, and not the good, how would that work? If I am not taken, then I will wonder if I was left behind for not being a true believer or if I was left behind as one of the saved? Does that make sense?
Those verses are not about the Rapture , but rather about the Second Coming.
Two seperate and distinct events.
No one in Christ will be left behind when the Rapture occurs.
After the Tribulation and right before the literal 1,000 year reign of Christ , He will separate the sheep (those who receive Christ as Saviour during the Tribulation) from the goats , those who rejected Him during the Tribulation.
Only those in Christ will enter the Millennial Kingdom.

ByFaithIFly

Considerable debate has gone into Matthew 24:36-39, where Christ gives details of the Second Coming. Many interpret these passages to describe the Rapture, but this is not the case. An explanation:

'But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.'

Jesus makes some interesting claims here. First, he emphasizes no man will know the timing, as repeated in other verses throughout Matthew 24. This is heavily indicative of the pre-tribulation rapture, however the following provides more than enough evidence to support this context as the Second Coming. Jesus Christ on earth had two natures: human and divine. As God, He also exhibited human traits: hunger, anger, fatigue, etc. and the claim no one but the Father knew the timing of His Second Coming.

Does Christ know now? No doubt He does, since He is in Heaven now, at the right hand of the Father.

So Jesus goes on to describe conditions on earth at the time of Noah. Here, not only does Christ legitimize the events of a global Flood, but also distinguished the critical time of judgment upon a world completely unprepared for it.

In the days of Noah, humanity was extremely violent. People lived to be 900 years old, and angels copulated with women, giving rise to a terrifying race of evil giants who was racking havoc on the world. Would you call this normal?

Genesis 6:4- There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Now it could be argued- no, the sons of God were men!

In the Old Testament, any reference to the term 'son of God' referred to angels, since men had sinned, and had no hope of a savior. 'Son of God' is a New Testament term referring to a believer in Christ, or Christ Himself. This was not possible in Noah's time, or throughout the Old Testament.

Furthermore, this accelerated God's decision to destroy the earth with a flood. Let's look at what Christ says about eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage.

These seem to be completely normal actions, but in light of impending judgment, Noah could not persuade one person outside his family to come onboard. These people were eating and drinking, however. Why? They didn't believe God would destroy the world in a flood, Noah's claims were foolish! So in the end, out of millions of people, only eight were saved. This alone is beyond comprehension.

The context describes humanity's refusal to look past their activities- indulging in food and drink, preoccupied with relationships, all while ignoring the evil, wickedness, and unnatural situations around them... until they were drowning. Now can you see this is possible, even during the Great Tribulation?

In order to avoid confusion, this would help explain the second coming vs. rapture with the following passages: (Matthew 24:40-42)

Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Sounds like the rapture, right? Jesus adds: For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. -Matthew 24:28

What does this mean? It refers to the Great Supper of God, described in Revelation 19:17-21, an event taking place when Jesus returns. Those that are 'taken' are the wicked to be judged and slaughtered. Those 'left' are the saved elect to populate God's Kingdom during the Millennium. Compare this to Christ's parable of the wheat and tares of Matthew 13:30.

So when Jesus says, 'so shall also the coming of the Son of man be,' this is not a reference to the Rapture. He compared the wicked state of the antediluvian world- where conditions were far from normal, to the future world of the Great Tribulation- horrible conditions beyond description- right before His return to judge the world.

As a warning to anyone trying to deceive by date-setting, Christ in His wisdom described these events in such a way that only His elect during the Tribulation Period would know the precise timing of Christ's return by definite signs revealed in scripture.
It also say's in Luke 17;28 that in the day's of Lot. They did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded.. But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone. This tells me that the day's before the Rapture will be as they are today. Ever thing will seem normal as we go about our normal lives. You see God always gives a WARNING to His children BEFORE He rains His judgement on the world. That's why I start each day .regardless of what we are going thru in these times, knowing that He is in control and we are getting very,very close to the end of His WARNING period...

Released

It also say's in Luke 17;28 that in the day's of Lot. They did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded.. But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone. This tells me that the day's before the Rapture will be as they are today. Ever thing will seem normal as we go about our normal lives. You see God always gives a WARNING to His children BEFORE He rains His judgement on the world. That's why I start each day .regardless of what we are going thru in these times, knowing that He is in control and we are getting very,very close to the end of His WARNING period...
Note what you said. The scripture said THE SAME DAY that Lot and his family- with the help of holy angels, mind you- escaped from Sodom before it was destroyed. Look at the urgency there, especially after Lot's struggle with the men of the city over those two angels the previous night. Plus, remember Abraham prayed to God to spare Sodom, and reduced his petition down to ten people! In no way can any of these passages refer to the Rapture at all. These are not 'normal' conditions in any case.

Genesis 18:32-33:

And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

And the Lord went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

So, how can this refer to the Rapture, since NO ONE knows when it will happen, yet, Abraham is praying for the safety of his nephew in Sodom, to delay the destruction of the city! Compare to Revelation chapter 18- the destruction of Babylon the Great, the Antichrist's capital city. Furthermore, as a previous poster described, this chapter listed every luxury on earth to be consumed by the rich at that time- up to the last days of the Great Tribulation. They were 'eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, bought and sold, and planted and builded!'

Too much evidence in scripture pointing to the Second Coming on this one.

ByFaithIFly

Note what you said. The scripture said THE SAME DAY that Lot and his family- with the help of holy angels, mind you- escaped from Sodom before it was destroyed. Look at the urgency there, especially after Lot's struggle with the men of the city over those two angels the previous night. Plus, remember Abraham prayed to God to spare Sodom, and reduced his petition down to ten people! In no way can any of these passages refer to the Rapture at all. These are not 'normal' conditions in any case.

Genesis 18:32-33:

And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

And the Lord went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

So, how can this refer to the Rapture, since NO ONE knows when it will happen, yet, Abraham is praying for the safety of his nephew in Sodom, to delay the destruction of the city! Compare to Revelation chapter 18- the destruction of Babylon the Great, the Antichrist's capital city. Furthermore, as a previous poster described, this chapter listed every luxury on earth to be consumed by the rich at that time- up to the last days of the Great Tribulation. They were 'eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, bought and sold, and planted and builded!'

Too much evidence in scripture pointing to the Second Coming on this one.
What I was trying to illustrate is that their is two stages to Christs second coming. The first stage is the Rapture where we will rise up to meet our Lord in the AIR. The second coming will be at the end of the seven year tribulation which will be 2,520 days from the time the anti-Christ signs the 7 year peace treaty with Israel and their temple will be rebuilt. Christ will physical touch the earth then.

God's timeline for Noah and Lot is His display of His love for the bride.
1.God always gives a WARNING prior to His judgment. ( It took Noah over 100 years to build the ark and when people would gather to watch ,he would stop work and preach about God's coming judgement. They say Lot would preach at Sodom's city gate about the judgement that was coming).

2. God removed His people.

3. God would then start His judgement.

Since Israel became a nation on May 14,1948,the birth pangs or signs of the times have really began to increase in frequency and intensity as foretold by the prophets. These signs have grown from a few a year to almost weekly today. I think everyone will say that the world today is ALOT different than it was years ago.You can almost feel that something BIG is going to happen very soon.
Keep praying and looking up for our redemption drawth neigh....