Earworms

DWB

Their common name is, Earwigs, the are many-legged winged insects. I have seen many of them growing up. I've seen a movie, in it, Earwigs crawled into people's ears, and so forth, it was terminal.
Earwigs crawl in and out your ears while you sleep every night. They eat the earwax and cause dreams by tickling the brain as they squirm around inside.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
It's playing on the jukebox that lives in my head....

There are stars in the Southern Sky
Southward as you go
There is moonlight and moss in the trees
Down the Seven Bridges Road.

I have tried to sing along with them but the tune is impossible
I have a true love for rock and roll music

ShilohRose

Southward as you go

I love the harmony in this song. To me, it is hard to sing for that very reason.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I love the harmony in this song. To me, it is hard to sing for that very reason.
I love harmony..it soothes my soul.
I have been listening to Crosby,Stills and Nash...I love hearing them...I know they are ultra-liberal but the vocals are superb. I love Southern Cross and Suite:Judy Blue Eyes.

I watch the videos on you tube while I do therapy...on the Southern Cross video, it shows Steven Stills on his boat..in his early years he was a good looking man.

DWB

Southward as you go

That road is in my hometown in Montgomery, Ala. I have driven up and down that road hundreds of times and it's just like the song. The road is raised up due to the swampy land.

TruthOnly

I found this thread and these forums because I was googling how to use the earworm phenomenon to help with the scriptural suggestion to pray without ceasing and as post #1 says "Scripture encourages us to practice this habit". Any suggestions of easy (no musical abilities here) hymns/songs that are pleasing to God that could help accomplish this?

Pat

I found this thread and these forums because I was googling how to use the earworm phenomenon to help with the scriptural suggestion to pray without ceasing and as post #1 says "Scripture encourages us to practice this habit". Any suggestions of easy (no musical abilities here) hymns/songs that are pleasing to God that could help accomplish this?
I am very partial to the classic hymns, "Old Rugged Cross", "Great is Thy Faithfulness", "Amazing Grace" etc. Classic WIFI Christian radio brings many to mind. And I'm with you...the only musical instrument I play is the radio!

GotGrace

The church where I am part time was having a scripture on Paul’s call to Macedonia and the hymn “ Send the Light” has been rolling through my head since.

Reactions: Pat

GotGrace

:welcome2

Pat

Hello! Welcome :cheerand I need a better earworm myself today. There's this annoying tv ad with a stupid jingle I keep hearing "We are the tippy-top, we're top insurance." Ugh. :p
If you've never heard "Jesus. All for Jesus" by Robin Mark, it really gets my focus where it should be and it's not long before I'm singing it in the background of my spirit all day long. One of my favorites.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
When I had Baby Shark in my head, hubby went out and bought me one of the puppet toys that sings the song. :rolleyes:

I learned taking a CPR class a couple days ago that this is one of the songs you can sing to keep to the right bpm when you're doing chest compressions. Others include "Staying Alive" or, ironically, "Another One Bites the Dust"