Earthquakes recorded near Alaska volcano dormant 800 years

GEOINTAnalyst

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Hundreds of small earthquakes have been reported near a volcano in southeast Alaska believed to have been dormant for at least 800 years.
The cause of the quakes under Mount Edgecumbe, a volcano near Sitka that resembles Mount Fuji in Japan, are not known. However, they may not be an indication of volcanic activity, said Dave Schneider, a research geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey at the Alaska Volcano Observatory in Anchorage.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/earthquakes-recorded-alaska-volcano-dormant-800-years-84070588

MapleLeaf

It is on the Pacific Rim "Ring of Fire". I am guessing earthquake swarms by volcanoes are monitored closely but it's no reason to panic. I used to have some fun watching the YouTube channels of people following Yellowstone and the earthquakes there. The government covering up an imminent eruption there was always the accusation but I did enjoy learning more about the nature of the area. Made me put Yellowstone higher up on my "bucket list". One day I'll be allowed into America again. I wouldn't mind going to Alaska either but that seems more unreachable. I keep hearing how awful the mosquitos and flies are way up north in the summer. They do seem to get worse the more north you go and where I go to vacation they are bad enough already.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Only if it's made with that all-American uranium-laced water. I was watching a 5 part travel blog of a guy driving the Alaskan highway starting in BC and he mentioned the mosquitos hitting his car at night sounding like a rainstorm.

In the 80s, when I lived next to the Chena River in lowlands, there were several times I started to wash my truck in the driveway only to be driven inside by clouds of hungry skeeters who didn't seem overly deterred by the deet I was wearing. Where I live now in the hills a little deet goes a long way as there aren't nearly as many skeeters.

MapleLeaf

The mosquitos in southern Manitoba are bad enough. I remember the first time I came to the prairies for a visit I was shocked at how bad they were and how much they hurt compared to what I was used to in southern Ontario. Even camping had less mosquitos. The north looks so beautiful but that bug problem really makes me reconsider. As if I had the money and time to get there anyways....