Earthquake

katt

Did Turkey have another one today? I've also been wondering, until recently, Gomer in Ezekiel 38 was considered Germany, for the past 15 years or more I've heard the teaching changed to Turkey. With the original earthquake causing so much damage and loss of life, as well as the new one I just heard about, I'm wondering if Gomer might be Germany after all, many Muslims have immigrated to Germany and now, Turkey dosen't seem to be able to join in on that particular coalition. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Did Turkey have another one today? I've also been wondering, until recently, Gomer in Ezekiel 38 was considered Germany, for the past 15 years or more I've heard the teaching changed to Turkey. With the original earthquake causing so much damage and loss of life, as well as the new one I just heard about, I'm wondering if Gomer might be Germany after all, many Muslims have immigrated to Germany and now, Turkey dosen't seem to be able to join in on that particular coalition. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?
Yeah i just seen that on the news , i think it was 6.3

penbrat

I know that God's Word says that all this would happen and that none of it is a surprise to Him...and I know that there well could be many things that will (not have to but will) happen before the rapture, but that being said, I am seeing things in my lifetime come together like I never thought I would see. All of it happening so quickly and at once.....only God knows how long we have here but Today is the day of salvation and we need to tell others about Him like never before.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Fruchtenbaum thinks Gomer is Germany. Walvoord says Gomer is Asia Minor and others in Eastern Europe. Jack Kelley thought Gomer was Eastern Europe. Grant Jeffries: Eastern Europe. All the others that I have in my list say Gomer is Turkey.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I 100% believe Gomer is present Turkey.
They will be part of the coalition to come
against Israel.
Not one doubt about this whatsoever.

katt

Fruchtenbaum thinks Gomer is Germany. Walvoord says Gomer is Asia Minor and others in Eastern Europe. Jack Kelley thought Gomer was Eastern Europe. Grant Jeffries: Eastern Europe. All the others that I have in my list say Gomer is Turkey.
Does anyone know where Gomer and his descendants ended up? Which one of Noah's sons had a child or grandchild named Gomer, I know the name is in there. But I don't remember the details. Except, the Gomer I remember, was a woman.

GEOINTAnalyst

The Hebrew name Gomer refers to the Cimmerians, who dwelt in what is now southern Russia, "beyond the Caucasus",and attacked Assyria in the late 7th century BC. The Assyrians called them Gimmerai; the Cimmerian king Teushpa was defeated by Assarhadon of Assyria sometime between 681 and 668 BC.

The historian Josephus placed Gomer and the "Gomerites" in Anatolian Galatia: "For Gomer founded those whom the Greeks now call Galatians, but were then called Gomerites." Galatia in fact takes its name from the ancient Gauls (Celts) who settled there. However, the later Christian writer Hippolytus of Rome in c. 234 assigned Gomer as the ancestor of the Cappadocians, neighbours of the Galatians. Jerome (c. 390) and Isidore of Seville (c. 600) followed Josephus' identification of Gomer with the Galatians, Gauls and Celts.

Which today is mostly the western half Turkey and maybe a portion of extreme southeast Bulgaria

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

If it happens in the Middle East and is news, please check that forums to see if something was posted on it. See here:

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/forums/israel-middle-east-breaking-news.8/

Back