drugs

Sing4Him

JUDE 1:3 Contender!
As Tom stated:

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1 Cor. 6:19

alrdyreg

I believe the motive behind its use is what determines whether it is good or bad or brings glory to God.

Using pot for getting high (motive -- getting high) but the plant in and of itself is not evil. It's man and his motives (good or bad) that make the object evil.

:thumbup :thumbup

Homesick

Thank you UB for bringing up this topic, I have thought about introducing it for some time but never got around to it. Firstly let me say this is a subject I have been interested in for a long time because of my interest in gardening, natural medicine, and christianity. There is some information I would like to point out for everyones consideration. Firstly, since man has been on the earth he has used plants for medicine. Satan can create NOTHING! All plants and animals were put here on this FOR MAN and all have a purpose, even if it is simply beauty. What Satan does is twist things, distort things, lie about things, this is what he is good at. What man is good at is being lied to, decieved, being arrogant, foolish, and ungrateful. The history of natural medicine is long and is what our present system of medicine is based on, though the scientific community would very much like us to not believe that.
Right now we are seeing an unprecedented reliance on man made and adulterated substances that is fueled by greed and is extremely unhealthy.

Take for example the poppy, papaver somniferum to be exact. It has been recognized as a natural medicine for thousands of years in the treatment of pain, migraines, depression, etc. etc. The poppy plants active ingredients are alkyloids, and there are many in the poppy plant, not all of them psychoactive, as a mater of fact, some of them will make you nauseas! This protected people from adiction for thousands of years. Yes there were some unstable folks who became addicted despite the unpleasant gastrointestinal effects, but they were few. The true addiction arose when man ALTERED the original substance by removing the unpleasant alkyloids by precessing the original opium with very unhealthy chemicals to remove the alkyloids that presnted a defense against addiction. Now we have morphine, heroin, etc, with all the medicinal properties and no protection. Man did this, not God. This can be valuable in cases of extreme pain such as cancer or amputation etc. but now man has let the genie out of the bottle so to speak on addiction and he cannot control it. The pharmacuetical industry makes billions and has succesfully lobied our government to make many of the most effective alternative medicines illegal, by doing so it has increased their appeal to some and makes a huge amount of money in its own right because again, only a few, those willing to take the chances of the penalties of breaking the law are suppliers. Our government profits hugely both from taxes on the pharmicuetical trade and and by taking bribes etc. from illegal drug dealers. This is not speculation, this is multidocumented fact. It is possible to win the so called war on drugs, just as it IS possible to protect our borders, problem is, there is Too much incentive NOT TO, and its all green.

Coca leaves are another example. The active ingredients in coca leaves are present in such quantities that one would have to eat massive quatities to get the "high" from modern day cocaine. The natives in the mountainous regions in south America have long chewed coca leaves to help deal with the effects of high atitude living. Again along comes man and adulterates the substance and addiction is born. What God has given us for our use, man has in his greed and no doubt at Satans urging, twisted it into something it was not intended for.

Read the history of how marijuana became illegal and I garauntee you you will be suprised. Marijuana has PROVEN medicinal uses but our government has suppressed even the research necessary to document this but a few courages scientists and physicians have riked much to do so. What we saw when California enacted a medical marijuana was disgusting. Our government refused to recognized the research and insists on depriving releif to those who need it to protect the interests of the pharmecuetical companies who sell an ADULTERED form of marijuana that does not work as well. Marijuana is invaluable for cancer patients etc. for treatment of nasea, AIDS patients etc. to increase weight among other uses yet our government denies patients the right to use it against all reason. Why? Marijuana can be grown anywhere by anyone it is in effect FREE, no cost. Pharmecuetical companies have billions at stake and are a powerfull lobby. Another reason is alcohol. Because the process of producing alcahol is easy to regulate, the government again, makes BILLIONS in taxing it. Alcohol is again an adulterated product, completely unhealthy an has no pharmecuetical benifits yet it remains legal because the government has too much to loose. If marijuana were legalized, because it is FREE and easy to grow, many people would turn to it instead of alcohol causing the government huge tax losses.

Now please don't get me wrong, I am not arguing the use of marijuana by anyone who does not need it for medical reasons. Nor am I arguing for the use of any other drug for "recreational" purposes. What I am saying is that man has created the drug problem. God has provided for all our needs in nature and man has used them unwisely because of greed. Many of our health problems have been created by our modern lifestyle and reliance on processed foods, chemical fertilizers, etc. Do you know our food taday contains significantly less nutrition than it did before the use of chemical fertilizers? Again greed is the culprit. I ask you do you think that studying and practicing proper nutrition would be considered sorcery?

Cheryl, while I weep with you about your sons situation and pray for him, I can say I would much rather he be smoking pot than drinking alcahol. Marijuana IS NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE, it will be far easier to get your son to quit smoking pot than to get an alcaholic to quit drinking and many people do quit smoking pot as they get older and wiser. Also marijuana smoking has far less negative health effects than heavy drinking, actually it has far less negative health effects than tabacco smoke. It has even been proven that somethoing in marijuana keeps it from causing cancer, unlike tabacco and it has now opened up a new feild for cancer researchers to study. So, should you son see the light in the future and limit or eliminate his consumtion of marijuana, the negative health effects he will carry with him into his new life will be far less than if he smoked cigarettes or was an alcaholic. Also the chances of him doing so are far greater, marijuana is only psychologically addictive, it is NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE, this is a proven fact. So please don't listen to government disinformation, they would be much happier if your son was an alcaholic or smoking cigarettes so they could be making more money from him but it would be far worse for him. I join you in prayer that your son eliminates his use of "recreational" marijuana, but I rejoice that should he choose to do so his negative physical effects he will carry with him will be far less than should his addiction been tobacco or alcahol.

I suffer from migraine headaches that no modern medication has been able to control. They can incapacetate me for days at a time. I have ordered some papaver somniferum seeds, which are legal, it is only collecting and using the opium that is illegal, curious huh? I intend to see if this will help. I am hopefull because there are many substances in the poppy plant that are removed in the process of making pharmecuetical drugs and I belive God has provided for all our needs. Should it not prove helpfull I will look for other natural remedies. I believe this is scriptural and our dependance on man made medicines is not and is fueled by disinformation fueled by greed. Not all man made medicine is bad, but I belive we have at our disposal many natural remedies that have been tossed aside by "modern" medicine that are much more healthfull and CHEAPER. I have done intensive research in this area and would be happy to provide any help that can to anyone who is interested.

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
What God has given us for our use, man has in his greed and no doubt at Satans urging, twisted it into something it was not intended for.

ain't that the truth, tobacco is protected and allowed and is more addicting than heroin some have claimed
well not the tobacco, its all the ''crack ''the cigarette companies put in it that is bad for ya:tsk:

my sister has MS, she was doing bad and then she started smoking pot
she eats now
she is better
the plax on her brain is SLOWED DOWN
she feels better:praying:

and its Illegal but all the garbage they put in our food is not
go figure:scratch: :idunno:

Homesick

Yes, ms sufferrers are definately some who have some relief in marijuana. Its not a cure, it simply aleiviates some of their suffering and helps them live richer lives. So why is our government still claiming marijuana has NO medicinal uses? Again I point to my above statements. Thank God your sister has found some relief, its criminal that our government begrudges her that because of greed. But again I caution all to remember that these substances can be abused and we need to keep a sharp eye on ourselves and our motivation.

Berean Girl

Princess of King Jesus
Cheryl

I feel badly that your son is choosing the path of rebellion in this matter. I would suggest having him go to www.wayofthemaster.com and listen to the following:

1. Hell's Best Kept Secret

2. True vs. False Conversion

3. Have him take the "Are you a good person?" test

This should hopefully awaken his spirit and get him truly saved with no doubt.

:hug2:

Back