but then again i am a new person and i do not speak greek

i am not a pot advocate but i have come across this question
in the world and i need some bible references to bad plants and stuff

if there are any ---thanks

Last edited:

Pear

(:OÞ)
I think it's along the lines of being drunk:

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Rom 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Berean Girl

Princess of King Jesus
Not to mention

It kills your brain cells and makes you a dunce slowly but surely, and let's not forget the nasty odor... definitely not pleasing.

paul&katie

All drug use, for non-medical reasons is forbidden. In the New Testament the word sorcery is translated from the Greek word pharmokia. Translated it is the user and abuser of drugs (usually for spiritual means).

Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness,
20 idolatry, sorcery , hatred, strifes, jealousies, angers, contentions, disputes, schools of opinion,
21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revels, and things like these; as to which I tell you beforehand, even as I also have said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit God's kingdom.

Paul

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
I don't see anyone playing around with poison ivy, rubbing it all over your face, rolling it, or trying to smoke it.
Seems like common sense is involved here.

SoftTouch

Prophetic Realist
All drug use, for non-medical reasons is forbidden. In the New Testament the word sorcery is translated from the Greek word pharmokia. Translated it is the user and abuser of drugs (usually for spiritual means).

I've seen some people take this to the extreme where they don't believe you should take an aspirin even or you're guilty of Socery :ohno

Ub, I agree with the above applications. If pot is being used to 'get high' then I believe it falls under the 'do not be drunk' verse. (After all, wine, beer, and all alcohol are made from plants too.) However, there are medical uses for pot which if used correctly could help a lot of folks who suffer from glacoma (sp?) or side effects from chemotherapy. But don't hold your breath on the powers that be doing anything beneficial with it... it's far more leucrative (sp?) to them being an illegal drug.

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
that's not what i asked
what i want to know is is there any scripture that names names so to speak---what was pot called then?

anyway i am not one of those pot head ''Christians''
any ancient Aramaic or Greek words for pot ?

God created all things right?
and all things are Good--excluding Satan his angels or man after the fall or mans behavior right?

heroin bad stuff ---
morphine--good stuff if your suffering from cancer right?
made from same plant but with different uses
God made the poppy plant
was he wrong?
did he not know what he was doing?
or is it possible that Satan made it and planted it on Gods green earth? and if so Why has our Lord neglected to tell us?

yes common sense would be the ticket

pharmakia i know but lets think about that for a sec

if i eat a prune to help my constipation am i a sorcerer?

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
oh ya and by the way its only because of the world i go out in and have to answer these questions that i ask them here my friends

i do no nor will i ever advocate the use of illegal drugs
nor do i wish to promote their use

i am all for clean living and with my little girl on the way i Mean squeaky clean living

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
There was a time when Sorcery, Astrology, Astonomy, and Medicine were the same field.
Now we have separated fact from fiction.

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
i agree buzzard
but ---in my heart i know that with enough faith
no pain will touch me

if i were to get cancer i would not suffer too much

i am just scared i would not be strong enough in that situation

but buzzard considering this verse

The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.

men have the power thru God to do much indeed, i tend to think
they should performed these tasks thru faith and prayer
and the Lords willing help and not plants

Last edited:

Berean Girl

Princess of King Jesus
UB

I believe the motive behind its use is what determines whether it is good or bad or brings glory to God.

Using pot for getting high (motive -- getting high) but the plant in and of itself is not evil. It's man and his motives (good or bad) that make the object evil.

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
i agree buzzard
but ---in my heart i know that with enough faith
no pain will touch me

if i were to get cancer i would not suffer too much

i am just scared i would not be strong enough in that situation

but buzzard considering this verse

The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.

men have the power thru God to do much indeed, i tend to think
they should performed these tasks thru faith and prayer
and the Lords willing help and not plants
God can heal us in an instant and God has given us Doctors and medicines to help us in the long term healings.
Either way we will be totally healed after the Rapture.

TomT

Didymus
Two drug dealers of the Bible:

Elymas and Simon: Acts 13:6 ; Acts 8:9

Drugs that destroy the body are condemned:

1 Cor 3:16; 6:19

There is no credible evidence that the etymology of cannabis (Latin "hemp") is connected to Hebrew קנה בשם qeneh bosem (Exodus 30:23), literally "reed of sweet spice."

FedExRazorback

I will have to do some searching for the verses but the the our bodies are considered temples since the Holy Spirit dwells within us and anything that hurts/damages the temple would be wrong/sin.

Abiding In Him

the Greek word pharmakeia is found only a few places (Galatians 5:20; Revelation 9:21; 18:23) in the New Testament. Nevertheless, it refers to the use of drugs in the context of witchcraft, which is clearly condemned.
Also, drugs take control of our bodies, and our lives. We are to live under the control of God's Spirit, to His glory. Drunkenness and drug use thus have no place in the life of the Christian.
Also, keep in mind that we live in a sin sick world....so "not all things are good", due to the fall!!!!

justme

In Jesus' Kingdom Soon!
To me, anyone that smokes pot, except for strict medicinal purposes and under a doctor's supervision, are in contrast with the bible because the bible tells us to be "sober minded".

When a person smokes pot with the intention of smoking it being to "get high" then he/she is willfully making the decision to not be sober minded.

We never know when God is going to let someone cross our path that desperately needs to be witnessed to and hear the gospel. I do not think God would want us to be high, drunk or doped up because it could hinder the Holy Spirit working through us. IMHO

AngelWings

I'm A Work In Progress
Some really good comments here. I've never understood why folks want to do drugs and ruin their lives. I've never understood why they don't want to be clear headed and in control of their bodies, mind, soul, and spirit. :scratch: Alot of bad stuff can happen if your high. If an emergency arises then how are you going to deal with it if your wasted? I agree with all of you.

Yeah, reality bites sometimes, but folks make it worse when they waste their life on drugs. I've never understood the attraction and I never will.

Cheryl

Everyone is so filled with the Holy Spirit that I think you could not get better info anywhere. I have given my son, Brent, some of these reasons for smoking pot. He has never done it in front of me but I smell it, and yes it is a nasty smell. This is really the first help I have gotton that can really help with my reasons for not wanting him to smoke. I have not many places to go where people are going to talk to you like this. The last Christian friend I asked that knew my son told me it was no big deal that everyone does it. That he was a good boy and to leave him alone. I told her, No..everyone does not do it...and a Christian should not be smoking pot for all the reasons above. I worry about my son and I know he is in danger and I know he is not happy and filled with the Spirit of God or he would not be doing this. I do believe he is saved. Would you please pray for him to stop smoking weed and come back to the Lord and pray for wisdom on my part that I don't preach too much, so I do not lose his ear, but that I speak up with boldness when the time is right.

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
Everyone is so filled with the Holy Spirit that I think you could not get better info anywhere. I have given my son, Brent, some of these reasons for smoking pot. He has never done it in front of me but I smell it, and yes it is a nasty smell. This is really the first help I have gotton that can really help with my reasons for not wanting him to smoke. I have not many places to go where people are going to talk to you like this. The last Christian friend I asked that knew my son told me it was no big deal that everyone does it. That he was a good boy and to leave him alone. I told her, No..everyone does not do it...and a Christian should not be smoking pot for all the reasons above. I worry about my son and I know he is in danger and I know he is not happy and filled with the Spirit of God or he would not be doing this. I do believe he is saved. Would you please pray for him to stop smoking weed and come back to the Lord and pray for wisdom on my part that I don't preach too much, so I do not lose his ear, but that I speak up with boldness when the time is right.

We are praying for Brent, Cheryl.

I heard you have some good questions for the Prophecy & Endtimes Chat forum so I am looking forward to your threads there.

Back