Drought Ravages Australia. We Ask "Does God Still Use Droughts?"

Walter Kerr

“(You) have not walked in my statutes, neither have kept my judgments … Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and will execute judgments in the midst of thee …” (Ezekiel 5: 7-8 selected)
Australia is suffering droughts and bushfires, so what is new about that? Australia is said to be the second driest continent on the earth only being beaten by Antarctica where all the water freezes. In ancient times the LORD created droughts to draw His people back to Himself. We know from the Scriptures that God the LORD God changes not. So why would He not cause a drought to come on the wicked nation of Australia? If the surviving nations in the Millennial reign of Christ on earth fail to come to Jerusalem to worship the LORD, what does God send upon them? Hear what God says …
“And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles”. (Zechariah 14: 16-19)
Why should this judgment not apply to Australia today? Do we think that we are immune to the judgment of Holy God? Let’s look at the record.
1. Australia has legitimised sodomy,​
2. Australia has legitimised abortion,​
3. Australia has perverted the sacred rite of marriage,​
4. And many Australian Churches are effectively applauding these actions as we have reported earlier, and often.​
God Changes Not! Tell me why He not the author of our current condition with drought ravishing the country, and terrorising the farmers and destroying their livelihoods? And now we have fires raging as well. Are the fires the plague promised above? We could be witnessing a judgment from our Holy God who hates the sin of modern Australia.

So what is the Church doing? Is the Church an effective witness to all of this? Where are the voices of the clergy shouting out a warning to Australia? There could and should be many of them. If there were any high profile “prophets” the media would mock them mercilessly, wouldn’t they? That’s why I suspect that there are not many speaking out the warnings of a Holy God against the wickedness that is Australia.

The Lord is coming soon and we, the believing Church, have been charged with being His witnesses. Jesus said, “Occupy till I come.” In that parable the Lord gave His Church (Luke 14:12-27) the instruction was to be His witnesses and to proclaim His message “Till He comes.” But what does the modern Church do? Some Churches have sold out their Saviour by making the alleged “old fashioned” Church more like the world. Instead of being His witnesses they are proclaiming the so-called “rights” of those who directly oppose our Holy LORD. They are declaring the rights of the homosexuals, the rights of women to have abortions, and the rights of those perverted people to marry in a Church. The Church of God is thus participating in these sins.

Now we also see the claim that God has made another mistake in assigning us to one sex or the other. It is now being argued that we can change our “assigned-by-God sex” to that which pleases us momentarily. The Church should be proclaiming the truth of God “male and female created He them” and that should be the end of it for the believing Church. Instead the apostate Church is developing liturgies that affirm that God got it all wrong.

The headline said, “Church Of England Introduces Baptism-Style Ceremony For Gender ‘Transitions. The article declares that, “Priests are being directed to offer baptism-style ceremonies for those announcing their new sexual identity. In a newly issued pastoral guidance, clergy are being told to call men by their new female names, and women by their new male names. The guidance declares, ‘For a trans person to be addressed liturgically by the minister for the first time by their chosen name may be a powerful moment in the service.” It certainly would be to our Holy God.

Referred to as the “Affirmation of Baptismal Faith,” the service invites the “already-christened gender-confused” to ‘renew the commitments made in baptism in a public setting and provides space for those who have undergone a major transition to re-dedicate their life to Jesus Christ.’” (Source: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...baptism-style-ceremony-for-gender-transitions)

Instead of being His faithful witnesses we are seeking to make the Church more like the world. In recent years we have created the “harlot Church,” the “Laodicean Church” promised by God in the “latter days.” It is a fact that Australia is undergoing a drought and suffering bushfires and so we not unreasonably ask, “Is it a judgment from our Holy God?” And we further ask “Where is the voice of the Church in all of this?”

madcat

I'm beginning to think God is judging Britain because of the division we have and the incompetence of the MPs with brexit.
Honestly, can you name even one country that isn’t in turmoil right now? The U.S. is split down the middle and closer to a civil war than at any time since the 1800’s, Great Britain in the same situation, as are others.
Every day something else abominable is being promoted here in the US., and there is no stopping this train wreck. Surely, our “exit” has to be very near.
:rapture:rapture:rapture

Spartan Sprinter 1

“(You) have not walked in my statutes, neither have kept my judgments … Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and will execute judgments in the midst of thee …” (Ezekiel 5: 7-8 selected)
Australia is suffering droughts and bushfires, so what is new about that? Australia is said to be the second driest continent on the earth only being beaten by Antarctica where all the water freezes. In ancient times the LORD created droughts to draw His people back to Himself. We know from the Scriptures that God the LORD God changes not. So why would He not cause a drought to come on the wicked nation of Australia? If the surviving nations in the Millennial reign of Christ on earth fail to come to Jerusalem to worship the LORD, what does God send upon them? Hear what God says …
“And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles”. (Zechariah 14: 16-19)
Why should this judgment not apply to Australia today? Do we think that we are immune to the judgment of Holy God? Let’s look at the record.
1. Australia has legitimised sodomy,​
2. Australia has legitimised abortion,​
3. Australia has perverted the sacred rite of marriage,​
4. And many Australian Churches are effectively applauding these actions as we have reported earlier, and often.​
God Changes Not! Tell me why He not the author of our current condition with drought ravishing the country, and terrorising the farmers and destroying their livelihoods? And now we have fires raging as well. Are the fires the plague promised above? We could be witnessing a judgment from our Holy God who hates the sin of modern Australia.

So what is the Church doing? Is the Church an effective witness to all of this? Where are the voices of the clergy shouting out a warning to Australia? There could and should be many of them. If there were any high profile “prophets” the media would mock them mercilessly, wouldn’t they? That’s why I suspect that there are not many speaking out the warnings of a Holy God against the wickedness that is Australia.

The Lord is coming soon and we, the believing Church, have been charged with being His witnesses. Jesus said, “Occupy till I come.” In that parable the Lord gave His Church (Luke 14:12-27) the instruction was to be His witnesses and to proclaim His message “Till He comes.” But what does the modern Church do? Some Churches have sold out their Saviour by making the alleged “old fashioned” Church more like the world. Instead of being His witnesses they are proclaiming the so-called “rights” of those who directly oppose our Holy LORD. They are declaring the rights of the homosexuals, the rights of women to have abortions, and the rights of those perverted people to marry in a Church. The Church of God is thus participating in these sins.

Now we also see the claim that God has made another mistake in assigning us to one sex or the other. It is now being argued that we can change our “assigned-by-God sex” to that which pleases us momentarily. The Church should be proclaiming the truth of God “male and female created He them” and that should be the end of it for the believing Church. Instead the apostate Church is developing liturgies that affirm that God got it all wrong.

The headline said, “Church Of England Introduces Baptism-Style Ceremony For Gender ‘Transitions. The article declares that, “Priests are being directed to offer baptism-style ceremonies for those announcing their new sexual identity. In a newly issued pastoral guidance, clergy are being told to call men by their new female names, and women by their new male names. The guidance declares, ‘For a trans person to be addressed liturgically by the minister for the first time by their chosen name may be a powerful moment in the service.” It certainly would be to our Holy God.

Referred to as the “Affirmation of Baptismal Faith,” the service invites the “already-christened gender-confused” to ‘renew the commitments made in baptism in a public setting and provides space for those who have undergone a major transition to re-dedicate their life to Jesus Christ.’” (Source: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...baptism-style-ceremony-for-gender-transitions)

Instead of being His faithful witnesses we are seeking to make the Church more like the world. In recent years we have created the “harlot Church,” the “Laodicean Church” promised by God in the “latter days.” It is a fact that Australia is undergoing a drought and suffering bushfires and so we not unreasonably ask, “Is it a judgment from our Holy God?” And we further ask “Where is the voice of the Church in all of this?”

I heard up in northern Nsw there was some crazy stat saying that if it doesn't rain soon there will not even be drinking water and it will have to be delivered by trucks

Walter Kerr

Honestly, can you name even one country that isn’t in turmoil right now? The U.S. is split down the middle and closer to a civil war than at any time since the 1800’s, Great Britain in the same situation, as are others.
The whole of the Western World is in turmoil as you say madcat, the Commonwealth countries, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada are all suffering in many ways.
Surely, our “exit” has to be very near.
:rapture:rapture:rapture
I agree madcat. The voices crying out against these wicked things will all be silenced then, so who will be the witnesses of the Lord then? We know that the Lord will raise up many Jewish witnesses even after the Church is raptured as He is so faithful. See you on the way up madcat!

Firefly

Where I am in the US we are in a drought. I found a drought map by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (the United States Drought Monitor) that shows how bad it is for much of the US. I'd estimate over 1/3 of the contiguous states are in drought, maybe even closer to half of the land, and it has been getting worse.

Stevelw

I’m not sure God has singled out Australia for judgement at this time, as they are spiritually no different than any other country right now and hardly has the market cornered on sin. What I do think we are seeing though, is the birth pains as a whole getting stronger and more frequent world wide, leading to those seven years when God does pour out His wrath upon to whole world.

madcat

It’s the driest September on record in my state’s broad metropolitan area
If I didn’t know better, I’d say you are in the Nashville area. As of today, it has been 5 1/2 weeks since we have had a drop where we are in the metro area. And we have surpassed the high temp. records for Sept. since records have been kept.
But tonight and tomorrow, rain is predicted. OF COURSE, on the very day we were to have a new roof installed. Go figure. :(

Amethyst

If I didn’t know better, I’d say you are in the Nashville area. As of today, it has been 5 1/2 weeks since we have had a drop where we are in the metro area. And we have surpassed the high temp. records for Sept. since records have been kept.
But tonight and tomorrow, rain is predicted. OF COURSE, on the very day we were to have a new roof installed. Go figure. :(
Louisville metro, extended area of the ohio River valley

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
One of the many things that we learn about God when reading the Old Testament is that he does indeed use weather in an attempt to get our attention and/or to simply bless us. It isn't surprising that climate issues are causing havoc just about everywhere.

Walter Kerr

One of the many things that we learn about God when reading the Old Testament is that he does indeed use weather in an attempt to get our attention and/or to simply bless us. It isn't surprising that climate issues are causing havoc just about everywhere.
I totally agree TT. The world has turned its back on our Loving Father and we are reaping the results, but where is the voice of the Church in all of this?

Walter Kerr

The news just now is that the fires raging in the north of our State, and are also raging in the State north of us, are spreading on a fire front almost 60 miles wide. This is really a serious matter. As far as I know there have not been any lives lost so far, but properties have been lost. The problem for our family is that our oldest son is a "fire controller." He flies in a helicopter, or light aircraft, and directs the water bombers where to drop their loads. It is a dangerous job, so he does not tell us about it until it is all over. Please pray for him, his name is Rodney, and for the firefighters most of whom are volunteers.