Dresses!!!!

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
What's your favorite kind of dress? Sun dresses. Causal house dresses Fancy dresses or outrageous crazy ones?

Mine would be a causal dress. And sun dresses. I like to wear them with either sandals. cowboy boots. flops. or sneakers. I prefer ones below the knee and not to tight. I like flowy dresses too.

Leigh

What's your favorite kind of dress? Sun dresses. Causal house dresses Fancy dresses or outrageous crazy ones?

Mine would be a causal dress. And sun dresses. I like to wear them with either sandals. cowboy boots. flops. or sneakers. I prefer ones not above the knee and not to tight. I like flowy dresses too.
Well definitely not outrageous crazy ones!! :lol

I've not had an occasion to wear a fancy dress since... well I don't even know when! It sounds fun though!!

I wore a casual dress today for working around the house, just a cute little fuchsia cotton dress I picked up last summer at Lidl for about $10. Very comfy.

For sleeveless or sun dresses, last summer on Amazon I found some thin cropped undershirts that look nice underneath. They have 3/4 sleeves that keep me from freezing when the AC is set SO low at work, church, and stores.

(They're called : OThread & Co. Women's Crop Tops Basic Stretchy Scoop Neck 3/4 Sleeve T-Shirt)

Thanks for starting the thread Musician for Jesus!! :hug

ShilohRose

When I was younger, I dressed up for anything and everything. Being a military wife gave me more opportunities to dress up, too, and that was always fun. I loved romantic, dramatic dresses, ruffles, lace, velvet, dress styles from the 40s and 50s. The bigger and fuller the skirt, the better. One time, I had to sneak into the closet at church to remove my petticoat, because my choir robe wouldn't fit over my skirt. I tend to wear separates now, skirts and tops or sweaters, but I still like to dress over the top sometimes. It's so much fun. When my youngest daughter and I go out together, we like to dress up. And did I mention you can never have too many sequins or crystals? (And boots. I have a pair with lots of teal, Swarovski crystals.) Except for boots, my shoes are a bit more sensible than when I went everywhere in four inch heels.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I haven't worn a dress since my first marriage in 1979. I was forced to wear dresses every day when I went to Christian school, I think that soured me on them. That, and the fact I worked in a truck dealership with lots of men for almost 13 years.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I love maxi dresses...very flowy. Caftans are marvelous.
I dont care to wear tight clothes...ever.

Last year I made several 60s type dresses and wore them around the house all the time. Unfortunately, weight gain happened and they are too tight this summer.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
When I was younger, I dressed up for anything and everything. Being a military wife gave me more opportunities to dress up, too, and that was always fun. I loved romantic, dramatic dresses, ruffles, lace, velvet, dress styles from the 40s and 50s. The bigger and fuller the skirt, the better. One time, I had to sneak into the closet at church to remove my petticoat, because my choir robe wouldn't fit over my skirt. I tend to wear separates now, skirts and tops or sweaters, but I still like to dress over the top sometimes. It's so much fun. When my youngest daughter and I go out together, we like to dress up. And did I mention you can never have too many sequins or crystals? (And boots. I have a pair with lots of teal, Swarovski crystals.) Except for boots, my shoes are a bit more sensible than when I went everywhere in four inch heels.
I'm with you on this. I love the styles from the forties and fifties. The styles from that era really flatter my shape and fit like a dream. Vintage Vogue has some really good patterns, since you can't just go to a department store and get them anymore.

RobinB

Have been WFH for well over a year now, and try to wear as many of my casual/shirt dresses as possible. Comfortable and can be thrown in the wash. I do miss wearing some of my dressier work outfits, but WFH is worth the trade off. I get especially excited when I find the dress I'm wearing has pockets. :cheer

Lynn

Longing for Home
but WFH is worth the trade off. I get especially excited when I find the dress I'm wearing has pockets
Yes, I would think that working from home has many advantages. It's nice to have an opportunity to wear comfortable clothes. And I absolutely love pockets, too. Does anyone have suggestions for where to shop for casual dresses? When I look online at the usual websites (Amazon or Ebay), there are so many outlandish and immodest dresses that I'd never wear. It takes forever to wade through all these pics of inappropriate dresses, then I still don't find anything.

Leigh

Yes, I would think that working from home has many advantages. It's nice to have an opportunity to wear comfortable clothes. And I absolutely love pockets, too. Does anyone have suggestions for where to shop for casual dresses? When I look online at the usual websites (Amazon or Ebay), there are so many outlandish and immodest dresses that I'd never wear. It takes forever to wade through all these pics of inappropriate dresses, then I still don't find anything.
I know what you mean about Amazon. Most of my casual dresses have come from Kohl's, Cato, and Walmart. I like the Time and Tru brand from Walmart.

I also have a couple from JCPenney and Belk, but I think our JCPenney has closed. Oh and I have a couple from Old Navy.

Lynn

Longing for Home
Thanks, @Leigh
I'll have to check out the Time and Tru at Walmart. I've bought a lot of sweaters there, but haven't found much in dresses. I'll be sure to look for that brand. Never thought to look at Old Navy. Penney's and Kohl's have nice clothing lines. I like Lauren Conrad at Kohl's, especially when shopping with a sale coupon.
The reason I was looking for something online is because I don't like to try on outfits at the store. Such a lot of trouble.

Last edited:

Leigh

Thanks, @Leigh
I'll have to check out the Time and Tru at Walmart. I've bought a lot of sweaters there, but haven't found much in dresses. I'll be sure to look for that brand. Never thought to look at Old Navy. Penney's and Kohl's have nice clothing lines. I like Lauren Conrad at Kohl's, especially when shopping with a sale coupon.
The reason I was looking for something online is because I don't like to try on outfits at the store. Such a lot of trouble.
You're welcome Lynn! Do look up Time and Tru on Walmart.com. This year I've not really seen anything in the local Walmart that I like (at least, not in my size), but they have a much bigger selection online.

I'm not an Old Navy shopper, but occasionally will find something in their outlet store.

And you're right that trying on clothes in a store is a huge hassle! Of course, I don't enjoy returning things either, so I force myself to try things on in the store anyway.

Kohl's and Walmart dressing rooms are still closed right now due to Covid, but Cato had theirs open this week so I tried on 4 pairs of pants which didn't fit :mad:, and one clearance dress that did :cheer & was thrilled about that! :)

Lynn

Longing for Home
You're welcome Lynn! Do look up Time and Tru on Walmart.com. This year I've not really seen anything in the local Walmart that I like (at least, not in my size), but they have a much bigger selection online.
Thanks, Leigh, for this information. Maybe that's why I wasn't familiar with this brand. It may not be available in my local Walmart.
Glad you were able to find a nice dress at Cato. That's another place I could check.

RobinB

So hard to find. There are the extreme sexy ones, as mentioned, but on the other extreme are the really dowdy ones. I get a lot of catalogs and most are just awful.

Leigh

Thanks, Leigh, for this information. Maybe that's why I wasn't familiar with this brand. It may not be available in my local Walmart.
Glad you were able to find a nice dress at Cato. That's another place I could check.
Cato is a fun place to shop, because it's not so huge therefore the choices aren't overwhelming. There were several other pretty dresses I liked, but all too big.
So hard to find. There are the extreme sexy ones, as mentioned, but on the other extreme are the really dowdy ones. I get a lot of catalogs and most are just awful.
Yes!

Maybe some of my dresses are dowdy by today's standards. From Kohls, I have two Croft & Barrow Smocked Midi Dresses that possibly are dowdy - maybe someone could look it up and tell me what you think. (Very comfy but no pockets.) At some point, we have to take what we can get and do the best we can.

Wearing cute shoes helps! :D