Drag Queen Pastors Miss Penny Cost

TimeWarpWife

I attended several different Methodist churches as a child, teenager, and young adult, and it's not surprising to me that this is happening. Not one time did I ever hear the gospel of Jesus Christ preached, nor was there ever an invitation given at the end of a service to come forward to accept Jesus as Savior. :ohno I didn't hear the gospel preached or an invitation to come forward and get saved until I attended my dh's (then boyfriend) Baptist church. The pastor there was excellent.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
:wolf
I attended several different Methodist churches as a child, teenager, and young adult, and it's not surprising to me that this is happening. Not one time did I ever hear the gospel of Jesus Christ preached, nor was there ever an invitation given at the end of a service to come forward to accept Jesus as Savior. :ohno I didn't hear the gospel preached or an invitation to come forward and get saved until I attended my dh's (then boyfriend) Baptist church. The pastor there was excellent.
I got saved in a Baptist church as well Fairfax Baptist Church. That church presented the gospel clearly, and had altar calls for people to go forward to say a prayer to accept Jesus as their personal Savior. All churches should be concerned about peoples salvation. There are too many cults and those who have went into apostasy. It is a shame, but the :bible tells us this will happen.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

I attended a Methodist church one summer and sang in the choir. The Gospel was preached every Sunday. Very clearly. One of the Pastors did a lot of fire and brimstone, too. This was an old Methodist church and the Elders and Congregation at that time wouldn't have tolerated any nonsense. Just went to their website :puke :cry

Ghoti Ichthus

I think altar call is a Baptist thing. I've never seen it in any other kind of church.

I came to saving faith in a Lutheran church at age 3. No altar call. Just faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. But lots of preaching and teaching of The Gospel, Law and Gospel, Heaven and Hell, The Great Commission, 5 solas, worship, music, intercessory prayer, etc.

Ghoti Ichthus

Ok, this is my buzz because I cannot even: a person has to really be a secular unbelieving cad to do this. Because it's so anti-God. Has nothing to do with anything spiritual whatsoever. It's denying everything holy. A complete rejection of anything God.

So. . . . . why doesn't he just quit playing church altogether? Or is it his desire to desecrate everything?

Also who in the world would go there except weirdos?

He may be deceived and deluded and not intentionally doing anything wrong because of what he has been taught. Same as anyone else that thinks perversion or any other sin is OK and has never been taught otherwise.

It's good to welcome all sinners (everyone), but never OK to affirm any sin. It's also not OK for an unrepentant sinner, regardless of what the sin is, to be in a position of authority or leadership in the church.

Last edited:

TimeWarpWife

I don't even like clowns, and these are very creepy clowns.
Me either. I didn't like clowns even as a kid. I remember going to parades in a nearby little town and guys from the fire department would dress up like clowns ~ funny ones, not scary ones ~ and hand out candy to the kids. I always refused to go up to them and take the candy. To this day, clowns creep me out. A few years ago when thugs were dressing up as clowns and robbing people at gunpoint, I thought if they get caught they're still going to get charged with murder whether they shoot me or not because I'm going to pass out dead on the spot.

antitox

I visited a Methodist church back in the day and it was wonderful. Because the pastor was independent from the thinking of the Methodist conference, but after he died it went downhill. My friend left the church. It is sad, but God will be faithful and true to His people. We just follow Him.

twerpv

I think altar call is a Baptist thing. I've never seen it in any other kind of church.

I came to saving faith in a Lutheran church at age 3. No altar call. Just faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. But lots of preaching and teaching of The Gospel, Law and Gospel, Heaven and Hell, The Great Commission, 5 solas, worship, music, intercessory prayer, etc.
I attend a church that isn’t baptist. Altar calls are regularly part of closing service.

Cloud Watcher

I attend a church that isn’t baptist. Altar calls are regularly part of closing service.

The pastor of the church I attended, back when I lived in California, came from an Assemblies of God background. I think we were independent though. The church had started from home meetings, and had moved into a building shortly before I started going. It was called Christian Center Chapel at first. After a couple years, we had grown so much that we moved to a larger building, and the name was changed to Intercommunity Christian Center. We nearly always had altar calls. In 1980, I left California to escape the heat and smog. I wish I could have brought the church with me.

Katie8758

Imagine a place with no light, and you are completely alone. The only thing you have left are your thoughts. Those thoughts consist of how you just met the absolute love of your life, whom you love deeper and harder than you ever thought possible because He is true love Himself. But, you had rejected Him. Now He is gone, along with anything and everything that is good. He no longer has any memory of you, but yet you could never forget Him. The memories of all the times you mocked His word, disobeyed His commands, rebelled...those memories that keep coming back are the "worms that never die". The realization that you had chosen that fate for yourself brings emotional agony and despair so intense that you wish you could commit suicide, but that is impossible in your imperishable eternal body. The only other option is to tear your own soul apart internally.

This is the fate they are choosing when they blatantly mock God. I pray their eyes open quickly and they come to repentance.