Downtime this Weekend

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I am anticipating downtime this weekend for a server move for Rapture Forums. I think it will most likely be around Early Sunday morning, but could happen anytime Sunday, perhaps earlier depending on the hosting company's time frame.

Just a heads up if you have problems coming to the site. There could be some DNS issues for some of you. If you have trouble, please keep trying as it will resolve on it's own.

Thank you and hopefully this will be the last time for a while. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have confirmed with the hosting company that our final sync will occur around 1am ET on Sunday morning. There may be a little issue with DNS propagation, but I think that will be minimal since it is basically an in house situation with the same hosting company. But in case there is a little trouble getting to the site, please be patient and it should resolve shortly.

Thank you. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The move to the new server is expected around midnight CST tonight. Which is in about 5 hours. Last time they started 30 minutes earlier so figure between 11pm and 1am. Remember there could be a little trouble accessing the site for up to 24 hours so don't forget to flush browser cache starting Sunday morning. Thank you. I believe this will be the last time we do this for a while.

Back