Don't procrastinate: share the gospel now

TruthOnly

On Sunday, an online preacher we listen to weekly said: "This week, share the gospel with someone the Lord puts on your path or someone the Holy Spirit puts on your mind. You never know how much time you have". I thought of my roman catholic uncle who I haven't spoken to in six years and who I'd been considering cold-calling about the true gospel. Today (Tuesday) I learned that he had suddenly passed from a blood clot in the brain.

Yes we are called to study the Word and to pray without ceasing but lets also diligently share the gospel. Time can be shorter than we expect.

Jojo4124

On Sunday, an online preacher we listen to weekly said: "This week, share the gospel with someone the Lord puts on your path or someone the Holy Spirit puts on your mind. You never know how much time you have". I thought of my roman catholic uncle who I haven't spoken to in six years and who I'd been considering cold-calling about the true gospel. Today (Tuesday) I learned that he had suddenly passed from a blood clot in the brain.

Yes we are called to study the Word and to pray without ceasing but lets also diligently share the gospel. Time can be shorter than we expect.
I am sorry about your uncle! It is possible that Jesus may have caused him to have heard the gospel before he died.

All of us are one blink away from eternity. The Church needs to return to the urgency that ppl need the Gospel n discipleship. The Great Commission that isnt a suggestion applies to all who are saved. Being fed is good, but how fat does a sheep need to be before they start offering The Escape from eternal torment to those who are lost? Many who say they follow the Bible and Jesus dont believe in Hell, but Jesus does. That's one reason why God graciously had His Blood shed for the remission of people's sins...so we dont have to pay for all eternity.

We dont consider enough what Hell is. If we did, and I speak to myself here too, then maybe we'd be more motivated to witness about Jesus n His salvation. We have received a free gift, to be with God for eternity...the Bible says we will be persecuted for sharing the gospel, yet that isnt supposed to cause us to shrink back.

If I knew about a store that was giving away free groceries, I'd tell everyone about it so they could get the free gift too. But when it comes to the free gift that Jesus offers, I forget sometimes that without it, ppl will suffer for eternity.

I pray that Father God will put passion for the lost into His followers, and that if we refuse to go into the harvest fields, that God will do what it takes to bring the lost to Him.

Faith comes by hearing the gospel...I know I wouldnt have known about Jesus' salvation if the person who took the time to show me the Scriptures n tell me how to be born again had decided not to witness to me that day.

Be on the lookout, saints! May God give us "devine appointments" to tell ppl the Good News. Giving a Bible isnt enough...I had a Bible growing up, but never saw where it says what I needed to do in order to be saved. Saved from eternally suffering in Hell.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I was out and about today and happen to get in a coversation with a lady at a store who was waiting to use my cart when I was done putting groceries away.

I asked her if she knew Jesus. She smiled and said she did. I then asked, "You're a believer in Jesus?" she said she was and we had a nice coversation. I was able to recommend a church and a bible study she might appreciate.

It was a nice encounter.

Just thought I'd share for encouragement. :)

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
And lets not forget about these chance encounters with other Christians. It might be that they just need a little boost to become really effective witnesses for Christ's Salvation plan.

You know, it's interesting you say that. I came away with a sense that she might need a place to fellowship and also wondered if my asking would encourage her to ask others about knowing Christ. :)

The other day my husband and I were on a walk and an elderly man was on a scooter enjoying his day. He had a kind look on his face and said hi and we said hi back. Then he told us that he had been dead three days ago in the hospital and they had revived him! He looked in great condition for just being in the hospital! He said that he knew that he was dead and said to God, "No, I can't go yet I've still got work to do" and then he was instantly revived.

We commented that we're not heading home until God decides it's time. I then said that it sounded like he was a believer in Jesus, to which he said he was. He then asked if we knew the Lord to which we said we did and from there had a nice conversation.

So, yes, those encounters really can be a nice boost and encouragement. I know I was encouraged and also it blessed us to meet another brother in Christ out on a stroll with his scooter. :)

Jeff K

Our church has a men's breakfast once a month and May was my privilege to give the message. My message was titled, "Consider your ways", and was mostly centered on the book of Haggai. I opened with a quote from Warren Wiersbe from his commentary of 2 Corinthians 5:9-21.

"Ministry is not easy. If we are to succeed, we must be motivated by the fear of the Lord, the love of Christ, and the commission that He has given to us. What a privilege it is to serve Him!"
Warren Wiersbe

penbrat

And lets not forget about these chance encounters with other Christians. It might be that they just need a little boost to become really effective witnesses for Christ's Salvation plan.
Agree. As important as it is to share the Gospel (and it is) I think it is equally as important to encourage other believers. (God calls us to not only plant seeds, but to water them also).

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Well, I got to share in an interesting way today! While some Mormons were chatting with a neighbor I slipped a track onto their bikes that were in the road, in the water cup holder. As they rode away, one of them noticed it, pulled it out and started reading it! I figure, if they can share so can I. :)

I'll be chatting with my neighbors later about a better place to connect. Please pray for the right words. :pray

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Our old Whirlpool clothes washer died about 8 months ago so we started going to the Laundry Mat, we only wash a couple loads a week so $4 a week is not expensive until we get a new machine, but the best part is we have gotten to know many of the regulars and the owner who is there everyday from am to close. We have printed out several RF stories and attached an RF tract to it and gave them out. Some are not interested at all, but the owner is and we talk about Jesus and share the gospel. They have a little news paper rack that holds a weekly small advertising news paper and a couple other literature items and we asked if we could place some RF tracts in the front of the rack and she said it was good to spread Jesus with all that is going on in the world. She says she is saved and that her husband is too, and that he said they couldn't be married until she was saved and baptized, that was like 55 years ago. We are hoping to reach a few more customers so they have a chance to accept the gift of salvation. One man who came in almost weekly never wanted to hear the Jesus message. He only wanted to talk about his brother who was trying to keep him from getting his inheritance, very angry man, said he hated his brother. He was very ill physically, bad diabetes, very over weight and lots of stomach and other health issues. I did not push Jesus on him, but I did try to get the point across to him that his time may be very short and he needs to focus on what lies ahead, and he would listen at times. One day I gave him an RF OP to read as we were leaving the mat, the next two weeks we did not see him, found out he had passed away. You never know how things will turn out, did he read what was given to him, and did he think about what had been shared with him over the last months, did he make the decision, we hope so, but we know that is why our washing machine went out and we started going to that laundry mat, there are no coincidences, God has a plan.

SarahRose

These stories inspire me. Thank you all for sharing them. I am a pretty shy person, and oftentimes I have been afraid to speak up or act. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will help me be brave and that He will work through me.

TruthOnly -- I am sorry for the loss of your uncle. Thank you for this reminder that our time here is short.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I am a pretty shy person, and oftentimes I have been afraid to speak up or act. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will help me be brave and that He will work through me.
I was that way since I was born, hardly ever talked. The Lord has upgraded me over the years and the last 5 I have been more vocal, my wife is a little shy mouse, but when we are talking with people about Jesus she jumps in with some scripture here and there and her scripture choice is usually spot on. The Lord will use you just be willing, sometimes it's a kind word, or just listen to their problems, so many have problems, it will give you an opening and the Holy Spirit will speak through to them, sometimes people just need an ear. People we don't know will just come up to us and say we have been feeling lost or disconnected , and sometimes I have said something like, Did you ever think maybe God was trying to get your attention, and sometimes that's all it takes.

SarahRose

I was that way since I was born, hardly ever talked. The Lord has upgraded me over the years and the last 5 I have been more vocal, my wife is a little shy mouse, but when we are talking with people about Jesus she jumps in with some scripture here and there and her scripture choice is usually spot on. The Lord will use you just be willing, sometimes it's a kind word, or just listen to their problems, so many have problems, it will give you an opening and the Holy Spirit will speak through to them, sometimes people just need an ear. People we don't know will just come up to us and say we have been feeling lost or disconnected , and sometimes I have said something like, Did you ever think maybe God was trying to get your attention, and sometimes that's all it takes.
I love that you've been "upgraded"! And that you and your wife are sharing the good news together. Thank you for these words of encouragement.

Len

Last week I was at a local church coffee morning where I had a proffessing christian 77yo Deacon on my right that was studying for the priesthood for that Anglican church while on my left an 88yo who I had a few chats with wanted to know what was "true" as he was unsure what to believe about Jesus, God, the bible or death but at each answer I gave to a question that David asked me the "deacon" said no that's not right or not true or only a fable as this deacon does not believe the bible to be Gods inherent word, ie: No hell, no creation, no Noah or end times etc ...... in the end poor David just said even you two cannot agree so what hope is there! ....... eventually I asked the deacon if Jesus was a liar or misinformed? he said "of course not" I then mentioned how often Jesus referred to the old testament stories as fact ...... Lord willing I will get another opportunity with David before it is too late.....