Don't hate me...

I remember many through the years saying they want a like button. I was sort of ambivalent about it, it didn't really matter to me.

But now that I see it in action here, I have a complaint. :heh

Seems to me we would all be better off responding to people, rather than liking a post. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with like stuff, it just seems it doesn't help in getting to know and interact with people.

Ok, my complaint is now lodged. Let the flaming commence. And if you don't want to flame, then throw tomatoes. And if you don't want either of those, laugh. It's good for the soul.

Andy C

I understand your post, and not everybody uses the “like” feature. I dont think Daygo has ever once “liked” a post, yet has posted over 20,000 times! Its really a non issue for me.

For me, it helps in knowing who agrees with my comments. Also, at times I like posts I may disagree with, but at the same time, I like it because they took the time to post it. Plus, it lets you know who has read your posts. Sometimes, lack of time allows only a “like”.

Whatever your most comfortable with, stick with that. I will still “like” your posts:bluesclues

I understand your post, and not everybody uses the “like” feature. I dont think Daygo has ever once “liked” a post, yet has posted over 20,000 times! Its really a non issue for me.

For me, it helps in knowing who agrees with my comments. Also, at times I like posts I may disagree with, but at the same time, I like it because they took the time to post it. Plus, it lets you know who has read your posts. Sometimes, lack of time allows only a “like”.

Whatever your most comfortable with, stick with that. I will still “like” your posts:bluesclues
Oh I don't mind at all. I just like quoting and conversation more than a like.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8

"Like" lol

athenasius

Oh I don't mind at all. I just like quoting and conversation more than a like.
I do both! a lot. Sometimes I think I talk way way too much.

I enjoy other people's posts. As Andy C said above, I hit like because I agree but sometimes because I don't agree but appreciated their well thought out response. And other times the laughing like because it made me laugh. And the hearts in the eyes like button when I couldn't agree more.

I guess the like button for me is a way to say thank you for people who are replying and sharing their thoughts on stuff.

It's also a way to say how I feel about my fellow denizens of RF, -- I like pretty much all of you, can't think of anyone I dislike that is for sure and I've grown to really love and appreciate the input of the fellow rapture forums members. Even in points of disagreement, I appreciate the people I'm interacting with here.

:lol Andy brings up daygo. I always enjoy his posts, and I know he likes mine, he says so, but he doesn't do like buttons, and I over do them so there's a real mix of how everyone talks on the boards.

People's personalities come out in what they say, and how they say it. Some are loud mouths like me, others are quiet and reserved but when they speak it's time to listen because they have deep insight or a very compassionate heart. Some spend more of their "talking" time in prayer like Patiently... and she rarely speaks on a thread, but she shows up sometimes in the like buttons, and when she does speak up, she has a gentle and kind presence.

Just my thoughts. Your mileage may vary, and it's all ok with me.