Donald Trump ordered to pay E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million, will appeal verdict

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Trump ordered to pay E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million, will appeal verdict
Carroll's case has become an issue in Trump's campaign to retake the White House in the November election.
By REUTERS

Donald Trump was handed a stinging defeat on Friday by a Manhattan jury that ordered him to pay $83.3 million to the writer E. Jean Carroll, who said he destroyed her reputation as a trustworthy journalist by denying he raped her nearly three decades ago. Jurors ordered the former US president to pay $18.3 million in compensatory damages and $65 million in punitive damages.

The seven-man, two-woman jury, whose members were kept anonymous, took less than three hours to reach a verdict after a five-day trial in Manhattan federal court. The sum the jury ordered Trump to pay far exceeded the minimum $10 million that Carroll had sought in the case.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/american-politics/article-783925

jab777

This is sad what they are doing with Trump. The trial was close to the public just so they can do whatever they want. They will not allow Trump to defend himself. Carroll is a fraud and Trump needs to tone down his attitude imo.
He ended up walking out of court abruptly. I can’t say as I blame him. This is just another example of lawfare designed to tie him up in knots so he can’t campaign, impoverish him and his family, ruin him in the minds of the public, make him a vivid example that no one is off limits of the communist minded people running our country into the ground. Carroll is a nutcase who saw this scenario on an episode of Law and Order SVU and managed to connect with billionaire Reid Hoffmann who has the desire to crash Trump’s election efforts and money is no object. Trump could tone down his attitude but it’s hard to blame him for it given what he’s going through on multiple fronts.

jab777

Seem Biden and other the satan trying to prevent Trump to running a second term president?
I suspect that ideally they’d wish he’d just close up his campaign and never be heard from again. Since he won’t cooperate, Biden and his minions will do whatever it takes either through lawfare with heavy financial cost to Trump and his family to silence him and make him go away. When I say whatever it takes I mean up to and including drastic measures. I’m old enough to remember the assassinations of JFK, RFK Sr, and MLK and I don’t want to see a repeat of any of those awful events.

Shannon70

I suspect that ideally they’d wish he’d just close up his campaign and never be heard from again. Since he won’t cooperate, Biden and his minions will do whatever it takes either through lawfare with heavy financial cost to Trump and his family to silence him and make him go away. When I say whatever it takes I mean up to and including drastic measures. I’m old enough to remember the assassinations of JFK, RFK Sr, and MLK and I don’t want to see a repeat of any of those awful events.
Alex Soros made a twitter post on a hit on Trump already. couple of well known people has already wished him dead.

jab777

Alex Soros made a twitter post on a hit on Trump already. couple of well known people has already wished him dead.
Alex Soros is an evil little twit with a lot of money, his father’s attitude and evil intent and no regard for his fellow man. These attributes are why his father gave him control of his business and so forth. I’ve no doubt he’d like to have Trump wiped out. Soros like so many others such as that bunch known as the WEF do not want us to have a president that will put our country first and won’t play ball.

DanLMP

And here's the irony: Trump was never indicted nor convicted of sexually molesting this person, yet she was free to write a book saying she was, yet Trump is not allowed to say publicly how much of a liar she is.

And hot off the presses, I saw an article today claiming that she has also accused several other people, some of them prominent, of also sexually molesting her. So it sounds like she is a serial liar.

If you live in NY, get out now while you can. NY is now CA crazy.

dseno

I don't think the American democrats are interested in defeating Trump. If they were they would have put up a better opponent.

jab777

I don't think the American democrats are interested in defeating Trump. If they were they would have put up a better opponent.
I think they would like to have him go away. As for putting up a better candidate they had no one because they all stink. At the end of the Democrat primary in 2020 they had a choice of Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden. They couldn’t have Bernie as the nominee so James Clyburn of South Carolina brokered a deal where Sanders would stand down and Biden would be the nominee. In return, they agreed to adopt Sander’s communist platform. The Dems knew that Sanders would scare the daylights out of the bankers and others in business they needed on their side. But Biden was a former VP to that stone cold communist Obama so he was viewed as acceptable since he was a known quantity. I don’t think folks realized that Biden had lost a few steps mentally. He has never been the sharpest tool in the shed but age hasn’t been his friend. (I’d heard where Donald Trump had asked Ted Kennedy one time who the dumbest person in the Senate was. Kennedy said Biden and this would have been at least in the 1990’s I suspect). The advantage of Biden for those behind the scenes is that they can control him. On a side note, I don’t think much of his wife Jill. I think she has always wanted to be First Lady but I would think that if she cared about her husband she would bid him stand down and not run again.

jab777

They should have taken 8 years of sanders. Now they get 8 with Trump. What a circus lol
I don’t think 8 years of Sanders would have been a bargain either. For openers, he would not have let Obama run the show from behind the scenes like a lot of people think is the case with Biden. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the powers that be pull a last minute switcheroo and replace Biden with somebody else. There’s a lot of chatter lately about having Michelle Obama be the replacement. I honestly can’t see her wanting to do that since she loves her current lifestyle or seems to. You’d think Barack would call it a day after 2 elected terms of his own, doing all he could to help sink Trump and running the current administration of Biden using his people from his presidency. He has done his bit to foment enough damage to our country. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the wicked witch of Chappaqua throw her broom into the ring this year. I don’t think the dream of being president has ever died for her. Plus, she’d do what Obama would do since they are both lefties in the extreme and agree on a great deal. As for President Trump, I don’t get a warm and fuzzy about his chances of being re-elected. It’s a mess anyway you look at it.

ChildofLight

So she decided after 30 years her reputation was destroyed? If it were a “normal” person that was actually assaulted, they would tell that person it is over the time limit to file charges.
She is more likely another useful idiot the far left is making use of. She’ll be tossed aside like all the others paraded out before in election years.

Dengar

I don’t think 8 years of Sanders would have been a bargain either. For openers, he would not have let Obama run the show from behind the scenes like a lot of people think is the case with Biden. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the powers that be pull a last minute switcheroo and replace Biden with somebody else. There’s a lot of chatter lately about having Michelle Obama be the replacement. I honestly can’t see her wanting to do that since she loves her current lifestyle or seems to. You’d think Barack would call it a day after 2 elected terms of his own, doing all he could to help sink Trump and running the current administration of Biden using his people from his presidency. He has done his bit to foment enough damage to our country. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the wicked witch of Chappaqua throw her broom into the ring this year. I don’t think the dream of being president has ever died for her. Plus, she’d do what Obama would do since they are both lefties in the extreme and agree on a great deal. As for President Trump, I don’t get a warm and fuzzy about his chances of being re-elected. It’s a mess anyway you look at it.
I expect Newsom to be who they're going to put in there. Possibly Michael Obama as Vice. That's why Chinese President visited Newsom. That's a give imo.

dseno

Oh certainly. You'd think they would prefer him to trump though. Apparently not if Biden is the best they can do!

Back