DOJ investigating Hunter Biden for foreign lobbying violations:

Lovin Jesus

The Justice Department is investigating Hunter Biden for foreign lobbying violations related to his overseas business dealings — likely in places such as China, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan — in addition to scrutinizing his taxes, according to a new report.

Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss is known to be leading a federal investigation into President Joe Biden's adult son, who denies any wrongdoing, and the New York Times reported Wednesday that the investigation, which began as “a tax inquiry” during the Obama administration, then “widened” in 2018 to encompass “possible criminal violations of tax laws, as well as foreign lobbying and money laundering rules, according to the people familiar with the inquiry.”

The report said Hunter Biden’s “extensive work with foreign businesses came under scrutiny from prosecutors looking into whether he should have registered with the Justice Department” under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Hunter Biden held a lucrative position on the board of Ukrainian energy giant Burisma when his father was vice president. He also pursued business deals in China, Kazakhstan, and elsewhere during and after his father’s tenure.

Read further
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-potential-foreign-lobbying-violations-report

jab777

I wonder how legitimate this investigation will be because I don't trust Chris Wrey as far as he can be thrown. An open investigation will open the door to also investigate the "Big Guy", Papa Joe
This will be a “show” investigation - limited in scope and designed to make it look like the DOJ and FBI are fair minded. It has to be limited and basically unserious because if they did a proper investigation Joe Biden’s back end would be grass and the DOJ would be a lawn mower.

Bethlehem57

The Justice Department is investigating Hunter Biden for foreign lobbying violations related to his overseas business dealings — likely in places such as China, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan — in addition to scrutinizing his taxes, according to a new report.

Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss is known to be leading a federal investigation into President Joe Biden's adult son, who denies any wrongdoing, and the New York Times reported Wednesday that the investigation, which began as “a tax inquiry” during the Obama administration, then “widened” in 2018 to encompass “possible criminal violations of tax laws, as well as foreign lobbying and money laundering rules, according to the people familiar with the inquiry.”

The report said Hunter Biden’s “extensive work with foreign businesses came under scrutiny from prosecutors looking into whether he should have registered with the Justice Department” under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Hunter Biden held a lucrative position on the board of Ukrainian energy giant Burisma when his father was vice president. He also pursued business deals in China, Kazakhstan, and elsewhere during and after his father’s tenure.

Read further
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-potential-foreign-lobbying-violations-report
I have faith that good ol’ Hunter will get justice one day, not from man, but from Holy God, unless he decides to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have zero faith that he will be held accountable for everything he’s done until judgment.

depserv

As others have pointed out, as long as a traitor is president and his fellow traitor Merrick Garland is in control of the so-called Justice Department, no liberal operative will face justice, in this life anyway, least of all the son of the president, who knows that his son's conviction will lead to his own downfall. Instead, the machinery that was set up to bring about justice will be an instrument of injustice, used by traitors as a weapon against patriots.

Even when Trump was president the so-called Justice Department was used as a weapon to attack him and his associates, purely because of their loyalty to America. And remember in the debate when Trump told Hillary that if he got elected she'd end up in jail? That was probably his best debate moment. But he was not able to keep that promise. All kinds of crimes were committed by the Obama team and they were all covered up by the Obama Justice Department. And that department seems to have remained the same even throughout four years of the Trump presidency.

So I do not expect anything good to come out of it now.

GotGrace

Read further
Well is this a good front to make it look like they are really concerned about his operations? It surely has taken long enough.

I’m guessing it will be announced that nothing illegal was found. Nothing to see here so carry on.

Never in a million years would I have ever guessed that I would feel this way. I’ve seen too much go on in the last few years that has been let go and don’t believe wrong doing is punished unless the wrong doing is done by a nobody.

:nope

depserv

Just to add a little more to the consensus here, there is no real investigation of Hunter Biden underway, only the tying up of loose ends as part of a much bigger coverup. By the time the next election cycle comes along it will be reported that he was investigated and nothing was found; it was all a conspiracy theory cooked up by those #*%&@ conservative commentators.

If you run across someone who says he thinks the investigation is real, tell him you have some pristine Louisiana wetlands for sale at a good price, untouched by the evil hand of Man. You'll even throw in the bridge on the state highway you have to drive over to get to it.

Lovin Jesus

Just to add a little more to the consensus here, there is no real investigation of Hunter Biden underway, only the tying up of loose ends as part of a much bigger coverup. By the time the next election cycle comes along it will be reported that he was investigated and nothing was found; it was all a conspiracy theory cooked up by those #*%&@ conservative commentators.

If you run across someone who says he thinks the investigation is real, tell him you have some pristine Louisiana wetlands for sale at a good price, untouched by the evil hand of Man. You'll even throw in the bridge on the state highway you have to drive over to get to it.
I see the same with the Durham investigation. And the 2020 election

biblegirl

I wondered why the New York Times has suddenly reversed position and acknowledged the fact that Hunter Biden's infamous computer really does exists. I am guessing that somehow the computer may play in role in the DOJ's 'investigation' and that the NY Times newspaper will have a hard time denying its existence if the DOJ refers to it in their findings. Sadly, I do believe that at most, Hunter might receive a slap on the wrist. The DOJ will cover up the true crimes they have found, and the computer will never be seen again.

Last edited:

GHoe

I wondered why the New York Times has suddenly reversed position and acknowledged the fact that Hunter Biden's infamous computer really does exists.
My thoughts, Biden is failing miserably. The liberal media machine knows he is not a viable 2024 candidate and so they were instructed to start attacking Biden. They will incrementally distance themselves from Biden up to 2023 and then devour him while propping up Hillary as the 2nd Coming.

This isn't coincidence. There's always an agenda at play.

Channah

They get away with everything. It’s the new normal. Reds get persecuted and Blues get protected. Absolutely nothing will come of it. At least I think so. The media in the US is too powerful and they will twist everything to make him out to be a saint in the aftermath.

pixelpusher

I thought Biden ran on a "No More Malarkey" slogan, yet, it's been 100% Grade-A USDA Prime Malarky from Day One; the supply chain has not affected Biden's production one bit.

:thinking

Better days ahead. This too shall pass.

Lovin Jesus

I wondered why the New York Times has suddenly reversed position and acknowledged the fact that Hunter Biden's infamous computer really does exists. I am guessing that somehow the computer may play in role in the DOJ's 'investigation' and that the NY Times newspaper will have a hard time denying its existence if the DOJ refers to it in their findings. Sadly, I do believe that at most, Hunter might receive a slap on the wrist. The DOJ will cover up the true crimes they have found, and the computer will never be seen again.
You know what I think? I believe the Democrats are throwing Biden under the bus, as the saying goes. They know it's going to go bad for them at midterms and the approval ratings for both Joe and Kamala is tanking even coming from democrat voters. They don't want Biden to run again in 2024. I think they are quietly distancing themselves from Biden and the MSM and news outlets like NY Times and Washington Post are the mouthpieces for the Democrat Party. So yep that's what's happening. They're throwing Biden under the bus