DOJ expected to scale back Roger Stone's 'extreme' sentencing recommendation: officialv

antitox

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-expected-to-scale-back-roger-stones-extreme-sentencing-recommendation-official

The Justice Department is preparing to change its sentencing recommendation forRoger Stone after top brass were "shocked" at the stiff prison term initially being sought, according to a senior DOJ official.

Federal prosecutors had recommended that Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentence Stone to between 87 and 108 months in prison for his conviction on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering, and making false statements to Congress on charges that stemmed from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

“The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night,” the official told Fox News. “The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the Department.”

The department is now expected to scale that back.

“The Department finds seven to nine years extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Mr. Stone’s offenses,” the source told Fox News, adding that the DOJ will clarify its position on sentencing later Tuesday.

President Trump tweeted about the sentencing recommendation early Tuesday morning, leading to speculation that a pardon may be in Stone's future.

“This is a horrible and very unfair situation. The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!” Trump said.

The decision to alter the sentencing recommendation was made before that tweet, said Kerri Kupec, the director of DOJ’s Office of Public Affairs. Kupec said the DOJ has had no contact with the White House regarding the sentencing recommendation.

There has been speculation of a presidential pardon for Stone, based on Trump’s public statements on the matter and the close relationship between the two men.

Federal prosecutors argued that Stone intentionally lied about his use of intermediaries to get information about WikiLeaks’ possession and release of hacked Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign emails. They also said Stone hid the truth to protect the Trump campaign.

Stone’s defense, however, maintained that Stone did not have an actual inside connection with WikiLeaks. They also argued that there was reasonable doubt that Stone lied to congressional lawmakers.

Stone's sentencing is currently scheduled for Feb. 20. Judge Jackson released the boisterous political operative on his own recognizance after his conviction but kept the gag order she imposed on him earlier this year, and stated that he was still bound by that order as a condition of his release.

madcat

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-expected-to-scale-back-roger-stones-extreme-sentencing-recommendation-official

The Justice Department is preparing to change its sentencing recommendation forRoger Stone after top brass were "shocked" at the stiff prison term initially being sought, according to a senior DOJ official.

Federal prosecutors had recommended that Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentence Stone to between 87 and 108 months in prison for his conviction on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering, and making false statements to Congress on charges that stemmed from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

“The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night,” the official told Fox News. “The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the Department.”

The department is now expected to scale that back.

“The Department finds seven to nine years extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Mr. Stone’s offenses,” the source told Fox News, adding that the DOJ will clarify its position on sentencing later Tuesday.

President Trump tweeted about the sentencing recommendation early Tuesday morning, leading to speculation that a pardon may be in Stone's future.

“This is a horrible and very unfair situation. The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!” Trump said.

The decision to alter the sentencing recommendation was made before that tweet, said Kerri Kupec, the director of DOJ’s Office of Public Affairs. Kupec said the DOJ has had no contact with the White House regarding the sentencing recommendation.

There has been speculation of a presidential pardon for Stone, based on Trump’s public statements on the matter and the close relationship between the two men.

Federal prosecutors argued that Stone intentionally lied about his use of intermediaries to get information about WikiLeaks’ possession and release of hacked Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign emails. They also said Stone hid the truth to protect the Trump campaign.

Stone’s defense, however, maintained that Stone did not have an actual inside connection with WikiLeaks. They also argued that there was reasonable doubt that Stone lied to congressional lawmakers.

Stone's sentencing is currently scheduled for Feb. 20. Judge Jackson released the boisterous political operative on his own recognizance after his conviction but kept the gag order she imposed on him earlier this year, and stated that he was still bound by that order as a condition of his release.
Well, if it’s lying to prosecutors, leaking, etc., then he should HAVE SOME COMPANY. How about Comey, Brennan, Hellary, the lovebirds Peter and Lisa, and on and on ad nauseum - just for starters.
It could be justified that he be joined by the whole democratic house of reps. IMHO.:furious:gaah
(plus Mittens who has been caught in a few himself).

madcat

So Barr is investigating now, and there will be a reduction in sentence since the prosecutors misrepresented their decision to the DOJ before coming out with the long sentence.
On Tucker tonight he states sources say a pardon could be coming????

I really feel,the time is now to “take the gloves off” and fight their fire with fire. The Trump team knows the demons are going to continue to regurgitate the impeachment over and over, so might as well let them have it right back in the face.

Lovin Jesus

Democrats are screaming for an IG investigation on the DOJ for " interfering on an investigation for political purposes", with Rep. Schiff as one of the opposers of the DOJ's disagreeing with the amount of time given to Stone as being "excessive". And the judge in this case is the same judge who sentenced Paul Maniford to solitary confinement for tax evasion. For the judge to sentence Stone seven to nine years for what he was indicted for is crazy. Look at the real crimes committed by the FBI in the FISA abuse reported by the IG, the FBI Lawyer who falsified information in the FISA app. Is where? Now in March Durham is suppose to wrap up his criminal investigation on the origins of the investigation into President Trump and the Trump campaign that launched Crossfire Hurricane and the Mulluer investigations. I sure hope some people will be held accountable and go to jail because so far the most severe penalty that has been seen is getting fired from their job, I,e Comey, Mc Cabe, Struck, Page and the FBI Lawyer. Two-tiered justice system.

Last edited:

Lovin Jesus

So Barr is investigating now, and there will be a reduction in sentence since the prosecutors misrepresented their decision to the DOJ before coming out with the long sentence.
On Tucker tonight he states sources say a pardon could be coming????

I really feel,the time is now to “take the gloves off” and fight their fire with fire. The Trump team knows the demons are going to continue to regurgitate the impeachment over and over, so might as well let them have it right back in the face.
Barr has to appear before Judiciary Committee in late March to answer questions about this. Some Dems in Congress saying Barr has to resign over this. They've been after him since his confirmation process.

Lovin Jesus

Dems are good at doing what they accuse others of doing. Nine years for lying to congress? A lot of people have lied to Congress and living a comfortable life. One or more have written a book, two or three have become CNN contributors, and another on MSNBC. To them, Everyone else is guilty and has to go to jail forever, no questions, and no reviews. Appeals are not allowed. Gag order---Don't talk to anyone and Don't get near anyone or they are part of your scam and will cover it up. Yeah, I've figured out the Democrats, they are living in scary movie and they repeatedly act out the movie parts. The best way they deal with their fear is to pretend someone else is a bad person and they must go away forever and take that orange man with you. Lol. At times it looks like they believe their own stories and accusations that they know have no basis? But they get excited and feel special when their colleeges join in the fun. They are peculiar people. It has creeped me out to watch how the Democrats and the media seem to be in synch with their words. They are different people in different places talking to different media from different networks and they yet say the exact same things. Rehearsed? I don't think so, I have thought it could be demonic activity. Not sure but All I know is that it's not normal and others have noticed it too. Very creepy. I'm tired. I hope everyone has a wonderfully restful night. Love in Jesus

Last edited:

antitox

Wait until Trump pardons both Flynn and Stone. He’ll do it at a press conference and get the Dems freaking out even more (if that was possible).
Yes. They will go absolute bonkers. Wish I still had my tv service for just awhile so I could watch em have an aneurysm. :popcorn It was always fun back when Sarah Palin would tweet something- anything, and the press would go berserk every time without fail. Miss those days.

Lovin Jesus

I hear Democrats expressing outrage for anyone, especially the President, for calling unfair the sentence recommended against Stone yet we still hear crickets when Republicans call it unfair that no one has been indicted for crimes in the FISA abuse, the corruption in the FBI and Intel community, those who lied under oath in the Russia hoax and the Hillary Clinton investigations. The left never sees their own wrongdoing and having to face accountability?

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
This reminds me of when they brought the woman who committed adultery to Jesus, and he wrote something in the sand. He said he that is without sin cast the first stone, and they walked away. These Democrats need to look in the mirror, and point the fingers right back at themselves. I thought of this also the are throwing stones at Stone(Roger).