Doing God's Will

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
This is from a Bible study I am currently working through and I found it to be quite great. I am praying it will be helpful to brothers and sisters here as it has impacted me.

[John 5:17, 19-20 NKJV] 17 But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." ... 19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 20 "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.

From this passage, we can make the following assessments about the work of the Father and how we are called to join Him in what He is already doing around us.
  1. The Father has been working right up until now.
  2. Now God has me working.
  3. I do nothing on my own initiative.
  4. I watch to see what the Father is doing.
  5. I do what I see the Father already is doing.
  6. You see, the Father loves me.
  7. He shows me everything that He, Himself, is doing.
God the Father is always at work around us. The Holy Spirit and the Word of God will instruct us and help us know when and where God is working. Once we know where He is working, we can adjust our lives to join Him where He is already working.

Let us dive a little deeper with the following two passages:

[Romans 3:10-11 NKJV] 10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.

[John 6:44 NKJV] 44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

According to these passages, no one is going to seek God by their own initiative. No one will ask about spiritual matters unless God is working in that person's life. Therefore, when we see someone is seeking God and asking about spiritual things, we are witnessing God work around us.

Despite what many new-age apostate churches are teaching, in the scripture we never see an example of God asking persons to "dream up" what they want to do for God. How many times in the past have I thought I was doing God's work but it was really just me trying to do what I thought God wanted me to do. This is why so many of us have problems doing God's will.

Instead, we should be looking to join in His work that He is already doing (around us 24/7). Jesus was the example for us to follow.

Now we can:
  1. Submit
  2. Wait
  3. Watch
  4. Join
Did you ever have a hard time doing God's will with this verse in mind? I did.

[Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV] 28 "Come to Me, all [you] who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 "For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light."

We need to learn by how Jesus did the will of God for this verse to make sense.

Thoughts?

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Now we can:
  1. Submit
  2. Wait
  3. Watch
  4. Join

Great list!! Thank you for sharing your bible study, I enjoyed it.

Waiting for God's direction in my life has proven to be very helpful. I remember thinking I wanted to participate in a church group but kept having a check. So, I prayed about it and asked God to show me which direction to go. The next week I overheard something that very much confirmed that no, I needed to go somewhere else. And God directed me to the right place where He wanted me. That's where I grew in some neat ways and saw God working! :)

Back